Asus Vivobook S14 M413A Laptop

109°
Deal Lieutenant

Has anybody bought https://www.flipkart.com/asus-vivobook-14-ryzen...
from flipkart?

The specs says it has AMD Radeon™ R3 Graphics
How can a laptop with Ryzen 7 Processor comes with this much old graphics?

Can some techie show some light?

23 Comments  |  
4 Dimers
  • Sort By
DealFinder wrote:

anyone???
@guest_999
@7H4NO5

Bro my cousin brought this few days ago.. performance is on next level but keep in mind display quality is mediocre..You will get better display quality in same price bracket in other brands..

Expand
hacker96 wrote:

Bro my cousin brought this few days ago.. performance is on next level but keep in mind display quality is mediocre..You will get better display quality in same price bracket in other brands..

thanks for the inputs…can you double confirm with him on the graphics version?
Is it R3 or Vega 6?

Expand
DealFinder wrote:

Is it R3 or Vega 6?

I will confirm you shortly after asking him..

Expand
DealFinder wrote:

Is it R3 or Vega 6?

Vega 6 integrated graphics is present as checked by him in machine configuration…

Expand
hacker96 wrote:

Vega 6 integrated graphics is present as checked by him in machine configuration…

Wow thatz good to know..
Why does Asus website also mention it as R3 then…am confused.. confused

Expand
DealFinder wrote:

Wow thatz good to know..

Don’t know maybe they are selling these r3 stock on flipkart but my colleague bought it offline and it has vega 6 graphics…and by the way these are new ryzen processors and integrated graphics are always vega series,,i don’t know if they specially giving these low end R3 for this model smile

Expand
hacker96 wrote:

Don’t know maybe they are selling these r3 stock on flipkart but my colleague bought it offline and it has vega 6 graphics…and by the way these are new ryzen processors and integrated graphics are always vega series,,i don’t know if they specially giving these low end R3 for this model smile

hmm…

Never rely on shopping sites & sometimes even manufacturer own site for detailed tech specs.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-7-4700U...

In addition to the eight CPU cores, the APU also integrates a Radeon RX Vega 7 integrated graphics card with 7 CUs and up to 1600 MHz. The dual channel memory controller supports DDR4-3200 and energy efficient LPDDR4-4266 RAM.

@hacker96

guest_999 wrote:

Never rely on shopping sites & sometimes even manufacturer own site for detailed tech specs.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-7-4700U...

In addition to the eight CPU cores, the APU also integrates a Radeon RX Vega 7 integrated graphics card with 7 CUs and up to 1600 MHz. The dual channel memory controller supports DDR4-3200 and energy efficient LPDDR4-4266 RAM.

@hacker96

sadly no one has ever confirmed the graphics version of this laptop model in several forums as well as in youtube videos..
so still am confused.

Expand
DealFinder wrote:

sadly no one has ever confirmed the graphics version of this laptop model in several forums as well as in youtube videos..
so still am confused.

There is nothing to confirm, all 4700U comes with same integrated graphics which is vega 7.

Expand
guest_999 wrote:

There is nothing to confirm, all 4700U comes with same integrated graphics which is vega 7.

highly doubt as i believe this is a cut down version from asus which is selling only online..
This will be confirmed only if somebody confirms what is the real version of the graphics using CPU-Z software..
But seems nobody is sharing it.. pensive

Expand
DealFinder wrote:

highly doubt as i believe this is a cut down version from asus which is selling only online..
This will be confirmed only if somebody confirms what is the real version of the graphics using CPU-Z software..
But seems nobody is sharing it.. pensive

Bro you can’t just “cut down a processor integrated graphics”.(talking in terms of financial viability) You are trusting asus site too much,for starters there is no R3 graphics for any ryzen processor(official amd name is vega) because this is what R3 graphics actually is:
https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-R3-Mul...

I can tell you many in hp couldn’t even confirm the relationship between using pcie x2/x4 nvme & max capacity of sata hdd/ssd alongside other than repeating what is written on their site. Never trust a manufacturer site for deep technical info unless it is mentioned in some pdf official tech manual.

Expand
DealFinder wrote:

Wow thatz good to know..

according to questions it have r3

Expand
bornsmart wrote:

according to questions it have r3

yes.. i skipped this model only due to this ambiguity..
Ryzen 7 with R3 graphics..what a way to cut costs.. sunglasses

Expand
DealFinder wrote:

yes.. i skipped this model only due to this ambiguity..
Ryzen 7 with R3 graphics..what a way to cut costs.. sunglasses

Yes..So found any better alternative?

Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Again, see my above post. It cannot be R3 which was based on ddr3l ram & was released in 2014.
@DealFinder

no user has said it has vega..
but several user mentioned it is R3
so no idea whom to believe sunglasses

Expand
DealFinder wrote:

no user has said it has vega..
but several user mentioned it is R3
so no idea whom to believe sunglasses

I wouldn’t trust most users commenting in Q&A section on amazon/flipkart. I will get back to you regarding this after I collect some more info but there is almost a certain chance that asus site is wrong.

Expand
guest_999 wrote:

I wouldn’t trust most users commenting in Q&A section on amazon/flipkart. I will get back to you regarding this after I collect some more info but there is almost a certain chance that asus site is wrong.

it will be great if you can get a cpu-z snapshot from any of your friends who is possessing this laptop.. smile

Expand
DealFinder wrote:

it will be great if you can get a cpu-z snapshot from any of your friends who is possessing this laptop.. smile

See this review, AMD has dropped the vega graphics specific naming & only using Radeon name for integrated graphics. CPU-Z won’t help, you will have to see gpu-z & see the details of integrated graphics(technology info mentioning nanometre, no. of shaders, gpu clock etc) to match it with available info online.
https://www.ultrabookreview.com/41207-asus-vivo...

I can confirm that latest ryzen asus vivobook series M413IA comes with a 7nm integrated graphics as shown in gpu-z(similar to above review) which was released just a few months back so you can rest assured that you will be getting the latest graphics based on 7nm tech & not some “years old” graphics.

Expand
guest_999 wrote:

See this review, AMD has dropped the vega graphics specific naming & only using Radeon name for integrated graphics. CPU-Z won’t help, you will have to see gpu-z & see the details of integrated graphics(technology info mentioning nanometre, no. of shaders, gpu clock etc) to match it with available info online.
https://www.ultrabookreview.com/41207-asus-vivo...

I can confirm that latest ryzen asus vivobook series M413IA comes with a 7nm integrated graphics as shown in gpu-z(similar to above review) which was released just a few months back so you can rest assured that you will be getting the latest graphics based on 7nm tech & not some “years old” graphics.

Thanks.. sunglasses

Missing