Budget 2020 - Bank Deposit Insurance Cover Raised To Rs.5 Lakhs, Govts Stake In IDBI And LIC to be Sold

180°
Deal Captain
211
10825
126

Budget 2020

Bank Deposit Insurance Cover Raised To Rs.5 Lakhs from 1 Lakh Per Depositor

sunglasses

Government will sell part of its stake in LIC through IPO: Sitharaman

Balance govt holding in IDBI banks to be sold to pvt retail investors: FM

20 Comments  |  
13 Dimers
  • Sort By
102
311
3

It will be effective from which date?

211
10825
126
King_123 wrote:

It will be effective from which date?

might be coming financial year after the finance bill is cleared and notification issued

211
10825
126

New Income Tax Rates Announced

Income Tax Rates Slashed to 10% for Earnings of Rs 5-7.5 Lakh, 15% for Rs 7.5-10 Lakh, 20% for Rs 10-12.5 Lakh and 25% for Rs 12.5-15 Lakh

0
479
18
desiman wrote:

New Income Tax Rates Announced

Income Tax Rates Slashed to 10% for Earnings of Rs 5-7.5 Lakh, 15% for Rs 7.5-10 Lakh, 20% for Rs 10-12.5 Lakh and 25% for Rs 12.5-15 Lakh

With cavets that you cannot claim any exemption

211
10825
126

Budget speech left incomplete pensive

Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman winds up her Budget speech after 2 hours 40 minutes, the longest ever by a finance minister, with 2 more pages still to go.

211
10825
126

Customs duty on footwear, furniture raised, Health cess on import of medical equipment imposed in Budget

674
5288
57

Again piecemeal reforms,no hope now for recovery of overall economy(not incl share market) outside of global rally.Now I think even Bangladesh economy will leave India far behind on per capita basis in next 5-10 years unless some drastic measures are taken.

211
10825
126
guest_999 wrote:

Again piecemeal reforms,no hope now for recovery of overall economy(not incl share market) outside of global rally.Now I think even Bangladesh economy will leave India far behind on per capita basis in next 5-10 years unless some drastic measures are taken.

nothing much for real estate too

Budget 2020: Budget falls short of Real estate sector’s expectations, says Knight Frank

https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/news/real-...

What Indian real estate gained in Budget 2020?

https://realty.economictimes.indiatimes.com/new...

476
4370
52

Govt has only permitted the Corporation to raise the cover limit. The actual increase will happen only when the Corporation actually implements it. Tat can happen any time between 1 month to 10 years.

83
3328
48
guest_999 wrote:

Again piecemeal reforms,no hope now for recovery of overall economy(not incl share market) outside of global rally.Now I think even Bangladesh economy will leave India far behind on per capita basis in next 5-10 years unless some drastic measures are taken.

Is there any good source to get non-manipulated (by govt.) data on net income/per capita income?

111
944
4

Budget Update
All those who want a net gain of Rs 60000 and above watch Zee news and republic
All those who want to see that there is overall loss of 10-20000, watch India Today and Aaj tak
All those who want to see there is overall loss of 50000 , watch NDTV and ABP news
All those who are convinced its not going to make a difference of more than Rs 30.40, watch Netflix

211
1171
19
myfungang829 wrote:

Budget Update
All those who want a net gain of Rs 60000 and above watch Zee news and republic
All those who want to see that there is overall loss of 10-20000, watch India Today and Aaj tak
All those who want to see there is overall loss of 50000 , watch NDTV and ABP news
All those who are convinced its not going to make a difference of more than Rs 30.40, watch Netflix

All those that don’t give a sh*t watch DD stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

12
2878
118
myfungang829 wrote:

Budget Update
All those who want a net gain of Rs 60000 and above watch Zee news and republic
All those who want to see that there is overall loss of 10-20000, watch India Today and Aaj tak
All those who want to see there is overall loss of 50000 , watch NDTV and ABP news
All those who are convinced its not going to make a difference of more than Rs 30.40, watch Netflix

Lol

413
10799
79
guest_999 wrote:

Again piecemeal reforms,no hope now for recovery of overall economy(not incl share market) outside of global rally.Now I think even Bangladesh economy will leave India far behind on per capita basis in next 5-10 years unless some drastic measures are taken.

How u expect something from someone.. When they can’t even acknowledge it… They already said there is little slowdown.. So they will not give any reforms related to that… Instead they are de-investing in LIC.. and yes bangladesh will take over India.. Becoz they gained alot with China and America trade war…

674
5288
57
Expand
AyushiiiVijay wrote:

How u expect something from someone.. When they can’t even acknowledge it… They already said there is little slowdown.. So they will not give any reforms related to that… Instead they are de-investing in LIC.. and yes bangladesh will take over India.. Becoz they gained alot with China and America trade war…

De-investment in LIC is not a bad thing,it is a good thing but again this is just a piecemeal reform when only 3(sbi,indian bank,canara bank) out of all public sector banks are having gross NPAs less than 10%(LIC has ~6% similar to ICICI). Urgent reforms are needed for banking sector & a good start would be to bring down govt stake down to 49% so banks management can be greatly freed of politicians & bureaucrats interference. Ancient inflexible labour laws also need reforms along with land laws. Without these reforms,$5 Trillion economy will remain just a pipe dream.

Missing