Hot Deal

Best debit card

2260°
Deal Cadet
uuv

Using debit cards to pay credit card bills.

Which is the best debit card – SBI or HDFC (platinum) or IDFC or dbs or ICICI to pay bills and get maximum benefits.

241 Comments  |  
49 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

HDFC easy shop platinum 1% upto 750 per month, DCB gone

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Isnt millenia card better than this?

View 85 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Also,
Saw in a topic that, SBI debit card also gives 0.25% cashback as reward points.

Not able to redeem reward points from SBI rewardz, it’s showing as green reward points.

Please tell how to redeem points as gift cards or mobile recharge.

https://rewardz.sbi/content/ov...ew

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

I redeemed 500 points for 125 Amazon GV. Use Yono App for redemption

Finance Mentor Finance Mentor
Link Copied

@saitama @kaviarasu @rohit_agarwal @danishali2020443
@jambui @danishali2020443 @guest_999 @nimod @Snikeus
@caks2006407 @rogerthat @_One_Miller_ @Desi @nimod @BlueFlash @Simbha3
@Atlantic @rohan8397 @guest_999 @getready @F7-Dimer-Primer @Tejaa
@A.M.A.Z.O @kirandr221996 @JaffaReddy @drupal @Alexios

Sorry for tagging so many experts.. but i needed your opinions.. Hope you guys can share
the insight on the same if any grinning
Guys the option is still available for the Debit card upgrade on the HDFC netbanking
There is change in certain thing that how you have to apply for upgrade now
First you have to block the present card and then raise the request for the new card
This is what the HDFC bank guys told me today on my personal visit.
I am not sure if i will be charged any fees for the card upgrade for a Salary account
The Bank Manager was telling to the officer explaining me the process very casually that
Yeah there shouldn’t be any charges as Millenia is very low end Debit card
some nominal charges like 200-300 may be there as i am taking a different variant now
So before blocking my present card and applying for the new millenia card i need your views
whether i should stick to the HDFC Smartbuy easyshop card or I should switch to Millenia
or is there any other better Debit card available with HDFC.

Some calculation for the Smartbuy vs Millenia
Smartbuy Easyshop card 400 RP on spend of 40000 (to acheive the limit of 750 spend required is 75k)
Millenia 400 RP on spend of 8000 Only

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Easyshop is better imo..

View 20 more replies
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

@beastboy you can downgrade card from branch too. without the extra 200-300 charge.

Link Copied

Yeah bro.. went to branch itself today..
the lady there told me that if you are taking the same card because of any issue..
there will be no charge or some replacement charge may be there..
and since i am changing the card variant.. i have to pay some charges…
she was a total idiot and i dont feel she knew anything about it and was telling
whatever was coming to her mind or whatever the meager knowledge she had acquired..
Do you feel smartbuy easyshop is better card compared to millenia debit card..
even though it is giving better reward rate.. (only reward rate is better , final reward amount is less though)
I am still awaiting for confirmation from fellow dimers with the existing Millenia card
regarding the reward on Credit card bill payment using HDFC bill facility

View 1 more reply
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

What all HDFC debit cards can get 1% cb via smartpay for credit card payment?

Generous Generous
Link Copied

I opened ista ac with regular option will they convert to max at branch

Critic Critic
Link Copied

They should be able to do it, may ask you to fill a form.

View 1 more reply
Link Copied

Nicely explained.. need to check my CC bill payment done via HDFC debit card…
i though it will also be credited after 90 Days like Millenia Debit Card..
where and how to check for the cashback or rewards received for CC bill payment in HDFC portal bro.. ?

Critic Critic
Link Copied

HDFC netbanking:
https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/634595/medium/6898521Qoxa9sj.png?1598969963

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

If they can offer you millenia debit card without any annual fees, it will give cashback on Mobikwik with credit card payment plus supercash. As per my knowledge it is free only for classic savings account with minimum balance reqmt of Rs. 1 lakh. Millenia dc owners need to confirm present status of cashback earnings.

Next best would be easy shop platinum dc which comes free with max savings account with minimum balance reqmt of Rs 25k. There you get confirmed cashback earnings of 1% by registering on hdfc app cc bill payment, as confirmed by dimer above

View 10 more replies
Link Copied

@insta @aam_aadmi – I have corporate salary account with them

Generous Generous
Link Copied

So demand free debit card, or did they give u useless timespoint card.

View 20 more replies
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

@insta @beastboy I logged in to the net banking portal it is displaying times point card under cards tab. They are having hot list enable for it but replacement with lower cost card. I clicked for upgrade but it says disabled cause of COVID-19. Also, no where it had mentioned the charges for this card. I request for the 2 years old statement so that I can check how many they charged me but after clicking on request statement it confirmed address. Does that mean they will send physical copy of statement? sweat_smile sweat_smile I wanted free email copy sweat_smile stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes 100-150₹ ka chunna lag jaayega joy joy

Generous Generous
Link Copied

Dont request that statement, yes  its physical, they cahrge for it. Chk ur emails, they send email statement.
Also under option ac statement upto last yr u can download 2019 statement.

View 1 more reply
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

All talking about HDFC cards only. All other bank’s debit cards are waste?

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied

The real art & craft is to find best out of waste
All debit cards are different but HDFC being largest card issuer is discussed more finding common users

View 23 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Axis Bank ka best debit card konsa h ?

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

Burgundy.
Priority is 2nd,though not really useful post recent heavy devaluation.

Critic Critic
Link Copied

So I’ve been meaning to ask this for long but never got the time. Is it mandatory to pay this 177 rupee charge every year for debit cards issued by Icici (visa platinum) and Bank of Baroda (same, visa platinum)?

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Yes unless the charges are waived by bank itself for having some special relationship with the bank(like some priority customer or something).

View 1 more reply
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

@vimvim
which icici dc is giving .5% cash back?
i heard .25% only

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

I have HDFC Easyshop Platinum Rupay . Paid the CC bill last month using HDFC bill pay option with DC.
I have not received the reward points. Am I missing some thing?

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Rupay Platinum cards(irrespective of issuing bank) have a Rs.50 max cashback per month limit.
@abhishek012

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Hdfc easyshop platinum debit card give 1% cash back for credit card bill payment on cred app or MobiKwik?

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Cred doesn’t allow debit card for cc bill payment below 1 lakh & mobikwik transaction is considered as wallet payment by hdfc system so no cashback for platinum debit card but will get cashback for millennia debit card. For paying credit card bill other than hdfc(& kotak,hsbc) use hdfc bill pay option & use platinum debit card.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

How to buy Amazon gv using smartbuy?

Critic Critic
Link Copied

https://www.gyftr.com/hdfcsma...y/

Login using your hdfc acc linked mobile number. After login purchase the gv using your hdfc card, you should get 5%(upto 1000/month) smartbuy reward points + your card specific smartbuy offer if any(e.g.millennia has 5% smartbuy payzapp offer). You can purchase max 5k worth of amazon gv in a calendar month.

View 9 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

If I set my cc bill in hdfc net banking as auto billpay via my hdfc platinum dc then will I get 5%+1% cb?

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

As per the T&C in the links below, you will get 5% cash back for first 12 months of registration. Maximum cash back of Rs 150/- per month. Plus on registering multiple cards/bills for autopay, you will also get e-vouchers which can be redeemed at Amazon, Flipkart, Ola, Uber, Spencer’s Retail, Grofers, Big Bazaar, Apollo pharmacy.

https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/pay/bill-paym...
https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com/offer_deta...

View 4 more replies
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

I have hdfc credit card along with hdfc platinum easy shop dc. So how can I get reward for cc bill payment?

Critic Critic
Link Copied

No way, for hdfc credit card bill payment you need to use millennia debit card on mobikwik.

View 4 more replies
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

@guest_999 — 5% CashBack on shopping via PayZapp and SmartBuy – i dont understand this part … this offer is applicable for all hdfc cards used on payzapp or smartbuy right ?

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Smartbuy 5% offer is for all hdfc cards(max 1000 cashback/month) used on smartbuy site for purchase & payzapp/smartbuy 5% offer is for specific hdfc cards(like millennia debit & credit card) where you will get extra 5%(max 400/month cashback limit on millennia) apart from 5% smartbuy offer.

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

@beastboy
How long it took your cc payment to reflect in your card ?
I have paid 14K axis CC bill on 28 sep 2020 but still not reflecting in card.. now worried… where did payment go sad
@guest_999

Critic Critic
Link Copied

At least 3-4 days(so if payment made on Monday then not before Thursday).

View 12 more replies
Budding Star Budding Star
Link Copied

Is hdfc easyshop platinum card given with savings max not giving 5% cashback on Payzapp? Clearly on card page it is written :-
“PayZapp & SmartBuy
Earn Upto 5% CashBack on your Debit Card on transacting through PayZapp & SmartBuy”.

Then why are they not giving cashback?

Critic Critic
Link Copied

It says “upto 5%” not “5%” which means if you pay bill on payzapp using platinum dc then you will get the usual 1% & if you buy on smartbuy using platinum dc then you will get the usual 5% upto 1000/month/card for all hdfc cards hence the “upto 5%”.

Cool Cool
Link Copied

anyone using axis liberty debit card ?

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

i need some clarifications on this:
1. Shall we get reward points if i use Millennia Dc to pay CC bill on mobikwik?
2. Shall we get reward points if i use Millennia Dc to pay CC bill on HDFC bill pay system?
3. Shall we get reward points if i use Platinum Dc to pay CC bill on Mobikwik?
4.Any other bank DC are more rewarding than HDFC DC now?like DBS,Indusind,AU or any other?
5.Anyone have Experience with Axis Liberty and Prestige account DC with mobikwik CC Payment?
6.Can we use Rupay card which is more rewarding for CC Payment?

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied

Response :

1. Shall we get reward points if i use Millennia Dc to pay CC bill on mobikwik?

Yes
Millennia DC is meant for this
Online 2.5% Wallets 1%

2. Shall we get reward points if i use Millennia Dc to pay CC bill on HDFC bill pay system?

Ideally Yes

3. Shall we get reward points if i use Platinum Dc to pay CC bill on Mobikwik?

No
Still @guest_999 may reconfirm

4.Any other bank DC are more rewarding than HDFC DC now?like DBS,Indusind,AU or any other?

All DC with advantages come with some cost either in terms of fees or NRV or Min AQB/AMB
None is superb in single take so it’s like shaadi me khane ki thaali pick all items from menu and eat as per your taste

5.Anyone have Experience with Axis Liberty and Prestige account DC with mobikwik CC Payment?

No Idea

6.Can we use Rupay card which is more rewarding for CC Payment?

Don’t think it will reap more benefits

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Platinum dc on mobikwik most likely does not give cashback as mobikwik transactions are considered as wallet transactions by hdfc. Rupay cards reward structure is always different from other cards even if same variant of same bank.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

hi, i have platinum dc and debit card upgrade tab is not working how can i change to millennia card ? have you studied times points debit card it seems to have similar benefits with times promotional content. i spend around 3-5k on swiggy every month, let us know your views.

@guest_999

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

add a holder and make the account either surviver then they will give 2 card for both names

replyuser
Click here to reply