Hot Deal

Best Health Insurance?

538°
Finance Ninja
Tanmayyy
In 2019 i closed all the health insurance of all family members since Religare rejected claim for my father's treatment.

Now I'm looking to get a health insurance again for 4 family members including myself. Please suggest some insurance companies that will atleast be a bit willing to help in the time of need(hopefully this won't come).

Family members include my parents ans my sister.

Expired
61 Comments  |  
22 Dimers
  • Sort By
Dimer of The Year 2021 Dimer of The Year 2021
Link Copied

I’m certified national insurance agent so I can speak with some confidence as far as NIA is concerned,

But one thing to consider before buying health insurance, in my opinion, as we say to our clients/prospects, always see claim settlement ratio provided by IRDA for last 1-2 years, gives you an insight how the organisation is doing post sales service, and also read the brochure carefully, as detailed as possible, read benefits and coverages.

View 10 more replies
Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

Check HDFC optima restore family plan once

Finance Ninja Finance Ninja
Link Copied

How is their reputation in approving claims?

View 6 more replies
Link Copied

Buy from Policybazaar,Nowadays after completing 2 years they are assigning RM (Relationship Manager) who will handle all your paperwork on behalf of you! Its very good feature,also You can compare list of Policies and check the claim settlement ration and talk to advisor if possible and tell him what happened to you,last time!

I am there customer from Last 2+ Years ,so far there experience is good,they come in between you and insurane comany so,its always good and also premium is less as compares to the original website and sometimes,on email they also provide you assurance certificate of Genuine Claim Guarantee!.

Go with Brands Like TATA AIG,STAR HEALTH,ADITYA  BIRLA,ETC.

Link Copied

Whatever @shraaj says plus1

View 10 more replies
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Using new India assurance and the experience has been good.. No baseless rejections

Link Copied

There are few more things to consider not just claim settlement.
Network hospitals, cashless facility etc
Public sectors are good at reimbursement but only at prescribed rates i think. @adnan_d92 am i right??

Link Copied

Yes correct.. Generally all major hospitals are covered in major cities so don’t worry about that.. Even if it isn’t you can always claim reimbursement

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Religare is a reputated firm. What exact reason they gave for rejecting your father’s claim? How old was your policy? Had you disclosed all the pre existing diseases with them? Did you file a complaint?

Try to find the reason first. Who is to say the next company won’t do the same

Link Copied
My father had gotten admitted due to a kidney issue , policy was 10+ years old no claim in all those years. They rejected the claim saying the patient is in depression by mistaking a medical term the hospital wrote on the documents. The hospital head sent letters to them 3 times explaining it's not depression but they wouldn't listen and not only declined the claim but also said we will keep it noted with us that this patient is in depression. Had no choice but to close the policy.
View 5 more replies
Link Copied

What you did very wrong is closing the policies .

You should have ported them to a government one (like new india assurance/United India insurance etc. ) .

You must know as per IRDAI guidelines one company can’t reject any claim when policy tenure is more than 8 years.

Here’s my personal insurances-

1) For my parents New India Assurance with 5 lac floater, Arogya Sanjeevani. 

2)For me IFFCO TOKIO ,50K coverage plan.

(Will bump up the coverage after 8 years) 

Generous Generous
Link Copied

Star is the worst and HDFC is good according to a few patients I met in cancer hospitals. 

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Any policy you purchase now will ask complete history and will have to disclose the surgery/major event happened, so they’ll definitely increase price.
Check clearly which clause the company gave as excuse and how you can ensure this doesn’t happen again in another policy

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

@Tanmayyy it is a must to read all their TnC. For first few years, hardly there’s any claim unless accidental.
And they can trouble you easily if clause broken. This is also needed to filter fake claims that some people/hospital try to make.

Don’t you have any group/corporate policy from employer? That has very less exclusions and pre existing clauses in general

Link Copied

I’m self employed so don’t have corporate insurance.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Well, I can see lots of suggestions/advertisements for the policy bazaar, I want to share my experience.

After seeing lots of advertisements i went for term insurance. choose 1 policy for 1 cr and paid money also. but the address was different with my bank account and different on aadhar card they messed up my policy with the wrong address wrong term insurance value and lots of other mistakes. they took half of my details and half of the other person’s details and messed it in the worst possible way. even after multiple emails and calls they never took me seriously. Their so-called stupid RM called me and instead of resolving the issue, put all blame on me, and then started selling me 2 new term insurance plans and a new health care policy. I cut his call, and that stupid RM called me 10 times in 1 day from different numbers selling new policies. at last, i told him that if he called again from any number, I will lodge FIR and he is going to regret his whole life for this. Finally, he stopped calling. The next day I complain to every possible higher official in email and told them clearly about RM also.  after one week he got removed from RM and the new guy became my RM. Policybazaar is a big-time scam. don’t believe any of the scams or don’t expect any support from them. Always ask everything in writing they will never send anything in the mail. no one cares. if you don’t want to face 1-month trauma, go directly with the provider.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Hows Tata Aig ? 

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Confused between Niva ReAssure (550/month) and Star Comprehensive (690/month).

Should I go with Niva?
Points I m concerned about –
1. Hassle free claim settlement.
2. Since Premium is different for different locations, can we claim insurance PAN INDIA?
3. Network hospitals are decent for both, would you recommend NIVA Bupa over STAR?

Generous Generous
Link Copied

Both are pan india coverage. I would recommend Niva Bupa for it’s unlimited reset benefit that covers same illness for same person.

View 4 more replies
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Bro why u not port the policy instead of cancellation?

Link Copied

Niva bupa reasssure plan

Benefit is they restore your amount n number of times

For ex if u have base policy of 5 lac and u claim 5lac first time and again get admitted you can again claim for 5 lac and so on

If it goes above 5 lac in a single claim then only u need to pay amount from your pocket

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Is there any waiting period between 2 claims?

View 1 more reply
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

They paid only Rs.15k out of my claim of 1.8Lac for covid. Sbi General insurance – Mediassist TPA health insurance.

Filed a case in Onbudsman. Got the entire amount plus some compensation. All this only because i know good lawyer and have many doctors in my family who guided me how to fight it. And this is the 2ND TIME they have done this to me. Stay AWAY from SBI AND MEDIASSIST.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Sbi  is NOT a government insurance company. They are private. And never settle. Only go for national...uiic...oriental. Those are GOVT.

replyuser
Click here to reply