Hot Deal

Best Health Insurance?

384°
Chennai Super Kings
Tanmayyy

In 2019 i closed all the health insurance of all family members since Religare rejected claim for my father’s treatment.

Now I’m looking to get a health insurance again for 4 family members including myself. Please suggest some insurance companies that will atleast be a bit willing to help in the time of need(hopefully this won’t come).

Family members include my parents ans my sister.

Expired
61 Comments  |  
22 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Check HDFC optima restore family plan once

Chennai Super Kings Chennai Super Kings
Link Copied
decideaim wrote:

Check HDFC optima restore family plan once

How is their reputation in approving claims?

Link Copied
Expand
Tanmayyy wrote:

How is their reputation in approving claims?

Thankfully I never had to claim in the past 3 years. But i saw that the claim settlement ratio is good.

Kolkata Knight Riders Kolkata Knight Riders
Link Copied

Buy from Policybazaar,Nowadays after completing 2 years they are assigning RM (Relationship Manager) who will handle all your paperwork on behalf of you! Its very good feature,also You can compare list of Policies and check the claim settlement ration and talk to advisor if possible and tell him what happened to you,last time!

I am there customer from Last 2+ Years ,so far there experience is good,they come in between you and insurane comany so,its always good and also premium is less as compares to the original website and sometimes,on email they also provide you assurance certificate of Genuine Claim Guarantee!.

Go with Brands Like TATA AIG,STAR HEALTH,ADITYA  BIRLA,ETC.

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Tanmayyy wrote:

@Siddhartha07

I’m certified national insurance agent so I can speak with some confidence as far as NIA is concerned,

But one thing to consider before buying health insurance, in my opinion, as we say to our clients/prospects, always see claim settlement ratio provided by IRDA for last 1-2 years, gives you an insight how the organisation is doing post sales service, and also read the brochure carefully, as detailed as possible, read benefits and coverages.

Link Copied
shraaj wrote:

Buy from Policybazaar,Nowadays after completing 2 years they are assigning RM (Relationship Manager) who will handle all your paperwork on behalf of you! Its very good feature,also You can compare list of Policies and check the claim settlement ration and talk to advisor if possible and tell him what happened to you,last time!

I am there customer from Last 2+ Years ,so far there experience is good,they come in between you and insurane comany so,its always good and also premium is less as compares to the original website and sometimes,on email they also provide you assurance certificate of Genuine Claim Guarantee!.

Whatever @shraaj says plus1

Link Copied
Expand
decideaim wrote:

Thankfully I never had to claim in the past 3 years. But i saw that the claim settlement ratio is good.

Just saw their website , seems they have very long waiting periods (upto 3 years)

Link Copied
shraaj wrote:

Will they assign a manager before i take a policy to help me decide? Or after completing 2 years of my policy through policybazar

Link Copied
Expand
Siddhartha07 wrote:

I’m certified national insurance agent so I can speak with some confidence as far as NIA is concerned,

But one thing to consider before buying health insurance, in my opinion, as we say to our clients/prospects, always see claim settlement ratio provided by IRDA for last 1-2 years, gives you an insight how the organisation is doing post sales service, and also read the brochure carefully, as detailed as possible, read benefits and coverages.

Any companies you’d like to suggest bhai?

Link Copied
Expand
Tanmayyy wrote:

Just saw their website , seems they have very long waiting periods (upto 3 years)

For pre existing conditions everyone has the waiting.
But The only problem is it doesn’t cover pregnancy related expenses at all.

Link Copied
Expand
decideaim wrote:

For pre existing conditions everyone has the waiting.
But The only problem is it doesn’t cover pregnancy related expenses at all.

I saw icici Lombard covers pre-existing diseases in just a few weeks of taking the policy. Any idea if icici has a good reputation?

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Expand
Tanmayyy wrote:

Any companies you’d like to suggest bhai?

One size doesn’t fit all, so you need to check plans according to your needs

Link Copied
Expand
Tanmayyy wrote:

I saw icici Lombard covers pre-existing diseases in just a few weeks of taking the policy. Any idea if icici has a good reputation?

Lombard is a good one too. But like shraaj said many are taking the guidance of policy bazaar these days.
I’d prefer to make a wrong choice than give them my contact number, that’s why I didn’t do it.

Link Copied
Expand
decideaim wrote:

Lombard is a good one too. But like shraaj said many are taking the guidance of policy bazaar these days.
I’d prefer to make a wrong choice than give them my contact number, that’s why I didn’t do it.

Same , I’m worried about getting spammed by them just for checking the insurance offers

Link Copied
Expand
Tanmayyy wrote:

Will they assign a manager before i take a policy to help me decide? Or after completing 2 years of my policy through policybazar

Just Now,I have completed 2 Years with them So,They Called me and Offered me some benefits like Claim Settlement Guarantee Certificate.

You Just Asked the Advisor, definitely they will assigned you!

They also know this,why people goes for Offline Insurance,its just because someone will handle there insurance case. But, Now they have launched it ,its in beta phase soon in 1 month it will be available in All PIN Codes (I am living in Tier-3 City) still they assigned me a RM

Link Copied
Expand
shraaj wrote:

Just Now,I have completed 2 Years with them So,They Called me and Offered me some benefits like Claim Settlement Guarantee Certificate.

They also know this,why people goes for Offline Insurance,its just because someone will handle there insurance case. But, Now they have launched it ,its in beta phase soon in 1 month it will be available in All PIN Codes (I am living in Tier-3 City) still they assigned me a RM

Can you tell me how i can get in touch with an advisor? I can only see the option to view plans myself on their website , no option to talk to someone.

Link Copied
Expand
Tanmayyy wrote:

Can you tell me how i can get in touch with an advisor? I can only see the option to view plans myself on their website , no option to talk to someone.

Simple,Trick just Login to App/Website.

Try Searching Policy within 1 hr they will call you😄

https://ibb.co/4gG1pWw Als...ey have Numbers 1800-208-8787

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/749007/medium/2022-03-06.png?1646505374

Link Copied
Expand
prem4998 wrote:

It’s less than 5 mins for me sweat_smile

yes yes you are right,i was saying max time

Link Copied
Expand
shraaj wrote:

yes yes you are right,i was saying max time

Bhai raath hai, kaam mein hai tho thode  dher lagegi na wink

Link Copied

Using new India assurance and the experience has been good.. No baseless rejections

Link Copied

There are few more things to consider not just claim settlement.
Network hospitals, cashless facility etc
Public sectors are good at reimbursement but only at prescribed rates i think. @adnan_d92 am i right??

Link Copied
decideaim wrote:

There are few more things to consider not just claim settlement.
Network hospitals, cashless facility etc
Public sectors are good at reimbursement but only at prescribed rates i think. @adnan_d92 am i right??

Yes correct.. Generally all major hospitals are covered in major cities so don’t worry about that.. Even if it isn’t you can always claim reimbursement

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Religare is a reputated firm. What exact reason they gave for rejecting your father’s claim? How old was your policy? Had you disclosed all the pre existing diseases with them? Did you file a complaint?

Try to find the reason first. Who is to say the next company won’t do the same

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
Tanmayyy wrote:

@kukdookoo @kartikxxx @xxxyyyzzz @Siddhartha07 @pranavcool

Pardon me if u don’t agree, i would suggest you a govt policy instead of any private one, no matter what the claim settlement ratio is..
You should opt for sbi arogya plus policy, cheap, fixed premium lifetime, easy to get the policy, no tantrum while purchasing or claiming.

Many will not agree here, but still as per my experience, u can opt for arogya plus (u can also take top up).

If not sbi, then u can go wid new india, national insurance.

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

What you did very wrong is closing the policies .

You should have ported them to a government one (like new india assurance/United India insurance etc. ) .

You must know as per IRDAI guidelines one company can’t reject any claim when policy tenure is more than 8 years.

Here’s my personal insurances-

1) For my parents New India Assurance with 5 lac floater, Arogya Sanjeevani. 

2)For me IFFCO TOKIO ,50K coverage plan.

(Will bump up the coverage after 8 years) 

Cool Cool
Link Copied
Expand
shraaj wrote:

Can you please share with which company you hold your policy and if you don’t mind can you share the Claim Settlement Guarantee Certificate by hiding your personal details?

Link Copied
Expand
tenon09 wrote:

Can you please share with which company you hold your policy and if you don’t mind can you share the Claim Settlement Guarantee Certificate by hiding your personal details?

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/749028/medium/Adity_Birla_Certificate.jpeg?1646541202

replyuser
Click here to reply