Hot Deal

best Laptop for 70-75k budget - immediate requirement - college student

532°
Like Magnet
shriAyodhya

Hi Dimers

I have gone through previous threads on this topic but sometimes more options cause more confusion.

I am confused now.

Can you please suggest good laptop in this range ?

Primary requirment: college student will be primarily using for coding and related requirements.


I can think of
1.  Lenovo IdeaPad 5 pro
Take a look at this Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Pro Core i5 11th Gen – (16 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/2 GB Graphics) 14ITL6 Thin and Light Laptop on Flipkart https://dl.flipkart.com/s/!sDn...NN
Inr -73K

2.
ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 (2021), 14-inch (35.56 cms) FHD 144Hz, AMD Ryzen 7 5800HS, GeForce GTX 1650 4GB Graphics, Gaming Laptop(8GB/512GB SSD/Office 2019/Windows 10/White/1.6 Kg), GA401QH-HZ069TS https://www.amazon.in/dp/B096VKNKSG/ref=cm_sw_r...
Inr – 75K

Please suggest some more better option for the college going students. We would be using it for next 5-7 years.

Expired
69 Comments  |  
23 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

You should browse Asus India or Lenovo India websites instead of Flipkart and Amazon. In any case, you should buy an Apple Macbook Air at the student pricing instead of any of these. Even if it is 8k more than you mentioned (83k). Do NOT buy an Apple product from Amazon/Flipkart/Tata Cliq/Croma/Reliance Digital if the price differential on Apple Student website vs the other sites are less than 5%.


Vivobook Pro – All Models|Laptops For Home|ASUS India


Buy 13-inch MacBook Air – Education – Apple (IN)


Cool Cool
Link Copied

ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 is a good choice and will easily last you through the college.

CPU is great and has a higher TDP and will easily last 5+ years.

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 pro and HP Pavilion 15 11th has a low powered cpu and will become a bottleneck in few years with CPU demanding tasks.

Or I would suggest for bigger screen, better CPU, more ram and better overall for the price

https://www.amazon.in/Lenovo-Ideapad-39-62cm-Ke...

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 (2021) user here. Unless you have an extended monitor at your workplace, this tiny screen will be hard to navigate, especially when you’re programming in consol or the frontend.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

78k me MacBook Air M1 aa jayega 😇 if want mac-os 😇

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

M1 Mac or Mac Mini

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

bhai, share the college students’ stream, usage patterns etc. 🙂🙂🙂

Like Magnet Like Magnet
Link Copied
bikidas2060 wrote:

bhai, share the college students’ stream, usage patterns etc. 🙂🙂🙂

Computer science – stream
Usage- coding

Like Magnet Like Magnet
Link Copied
Vip-in wrote:

78k me MacBook Air M1 aa jayega 😇 if want mac-os 😇

Can MacBook air be used for high end coding too ?

Cool Cool
Link Copied
Expand
shriAyodhya wrote:

Can MacBook air be used for high end coding too ?

Yes It can be used for high end coding.
But unless you want to do iOS development, I would not suggest you to go for a Mac right now for coding if you are just starting with coding and do not exactly know what tools and languages you will be using.

Also there is issue of non upgradability, low ram and storage in base models as you said 5-7 years of use.

If you can afford a Mac you can go for it but if you are someone who wants to keep you laptop for 5+ years then I would not suggest it right now only coz of 265 GB storage in base models which is stupid. (I use Mac for office work and I still hate the limited storage and 8gb ram, love the screen though.)

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
shriAyodhya wrote:

Can MacBook air be used for high end coding too ?

yes 😇 Mac are for professional, specially M1 chip is good 😇 , i am not coder , i am noob so help other dimmer to him 😇

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
shriAyodhya wrote:

Can MacBook air be used for high end coding too ?

bhai beshak. Windows se acha experience rahega. 🙂 Downsides hai ki paid softwares, Mac os ecosystem chahiye. 

maan lijie unke college ke friends use karte hain windows based laptop. Hamare dost use karte hain macos. Toh inter os compatibility me dikkat hogi. Simple saa example ek pendrive ko le lijie. Fat32 format me hai toh bhai sharing me koi dikkat naa hogi. But files 4gb se jyada honge toh fat32 support ni karega. NTFS me ana hoga windows walon ko. Toh fir NTFS toh read only hoga macos pe. Fir uska workaround rahta hai 3rd party softwares se. College students eise softwares etc share karte rahenge like. Windows wale mac me nai chalenge. Fir bootcamp lagana hoga. 

basic macbook 256gb kaa ata hai. Which is tiny in 2022 standard. Fir apko external HDD kharidne honge. Aur ports toh 2 hai I guess wo bhi thunderbolt wala. Toh ports ke liye alag board/peripheral device lene honge. Fir headphone jack bhi nai chalega.

toh I ll suggest to save some money n buy a good windows machine. 🙂

I might add some suggestions after 2 hrs. 🙂

edit: 3.5mm headsets are supported on M1 machines

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

To mac book i would like to add, mac book gets slow and laggy while using IDE.
Better go with windows.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

bhai beshak. Windows se acha experience rahega. 🙂 Downsides hai ki paid softwares, Mac os ecosystem chahiye. 

maan lijie unke college ke friends use karte hain windows based laptop. Hamare dost use karte hain macos. Toh inter os compatibility me dikkat hogi. Simple saa example ek pendrive ko le lijie. Fat32 format me hai toh bhai sharing me koi dikkat naa hogi. But files 4gb se jyada honge toh fat32 support ni karega. NTFS me ana hoga windows walon ko. Toh fir NTFS toh read only hoga macos pe. Fir uska workaround rahta hai 3rd party softwares se. College students eise softwares etc share karte rahenge like. Windows wale mac me nai chalenge. Fir bootcamp lagana hoga. 

basic macbook 256gb kaa ata hai. Which is tiny in 2022 standard. Fir apko external HDD kharidne honge. Aur ports toh 2 hai I guess wo bhi thunderbolt wala. Toh ports ke liye alag board/peripheral device lene honge. Fir headphone jack bhi nai chalega.

toh I ll suggest to save some money n buy a good windows machine. 🙂

I might add some suggestions after 2 hrs. 🙂

Headphone jack is there across all Macs including MacBook Air with M1 chip. exFAT file system is natively supported by both MAC and Windows. All file types are fully supported by Mac. Nobody transfers any file using pen drive anymore and you can use Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive etc, the way people transfer files these days. You’d NOT need adapter for most purposes as Bluetooth mouse and other accessories have become really cheap. Only time you’d need an adapter is for external monitor and external hard drive which will need just one adapter. If you time your purchase well, you can get a 5TB External hard disk drive at 7000 INR.

https://dl.flipkart.com/dl/flipkart-smartbuy-e7...

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/753358/original/Screenshot_20220321_103554.jpg?1647839191

Pro Tech Guru Pro Tech Guru
Link Copied

The Zephyrus series despite the high-end CPU and upper mid-range GPU usually deliver excellent battery life anywhere from 9.5 to 12 hours  depending on the model and the workload, far exceeding those from their contemporaries. One doesn’t have to choose between performance and battery life. Plus the pricing is quite decent as well. Not quite the holy trifecta but oh so close! 


Otherwise the MacBook M1 if it fits your work flow. I have read about some software incompatibilities still persisting though… 

Like Magnet Like Magnet
Link Copied
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

bhai beshak. Windows se acha experience rahega. 🙂 Downsides hai ki paid softwares, Mac os ecosystem chahiye. 

maan lijie unke college ke friends use karte hain windows based laptop. Hamare dost use karte hain macos. Toh inter os compatibility me dikkat hogi. Simple saa example ek pendrive ko le lijie. Fat32 format me hai toh bhai sharing me koi dikkat naa hogi. But files 4gb se jyada honge toh fat32 support ni karega. NTFS me ana hoga windows walon ko. Toh fir NTFS toh read only hoga macos pe. Fir uska workaround rahta hai 3rd party softwares se. College students eise softwares etc share karte rahenge like. Windows wale mac me nai chalenge. Fir bootcamp lagana hoga. 

basic macbook 256gb kaa ata hai. Which is tiny in 2022 standard. Fir apko external HDD kharidne honge. Aur ports toh 2 hai I guess wo bhi thunderbolt wala. Toh ports ke liye alag board/peripheral device lene honge. Fir headphone jack bhi nai chalega.

toh I ll suggest to save some money n buy a good windows machine. 🙂

I might add some suggestions after 2 hrs. 🙂

Yea cant afford paid software at the moment

Request you to share windows options only

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Your preference for Windows is cool but you don’t need any paid software to do anything on Mac that you’d not have otherwise paid for in Windows. All coding platforms like Python, Java, R, C etc. are completely free. Everything that is free in Windows, definitely has a free alternative in MAC that is as good. Also unlike iOS, you can install pirated software on Mac. Look up. Anyway. 

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
sb584012 wrote:

Headphone jack is there across all Macs including MacBook Air with M1 chip. exFAT file system is natively supported by both MAC and Windows. All file types are fully supported by Mac. Nobody transfers any file using pen drive anymore and you can use Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive etc, the way people transfer files these days. You’d NOT need adapter for most purposes as Bluetooth mouse and other accessories have become really cheap. Only time you’d need an adapter is for external monitor and external hard drive which will need just one adapter. If you time your purchase well, you can get a 5TB External hard disk drive at 7000 INR.

https://dl.flipkart.com/dl/flipkart-smartbuy-e7...

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/753358/original/Screenshot_20220321_103554.jpg?1647839191

I ll agree about 3.5mm jack. https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/macbook-a...

But rest problems are quite problematic. NTFS is not fully supported. These are small small nuances. Paragon drivers costs around 1700 rupees. I will agree with free alternatives and pirated software etc. 

When someone asks which computer is the best, the answer is the one which is used by that someone’s friends. If the friends/colleagues circle use windows then windows systems are the best. Same is true for rest of the OSes, e.g. linux/macos. 

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied

Better do inter after 12th and get a laptop free otherwise look at Dell touch screen versions at 70 to 75k good laptops available 

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
drupal wrote:

Better do inter after 12th and get a laptop free otherwise look at Dell touch screen versions at 70 to 75k good laptops available 

What is inter? Deploma?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I can help with apply student discount if you want, I bought. lasy year, I bought m1 ipad pro for 68k 

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

Asus https://in.store.asus.com/90nr07b3-m01580-ga401... (older gtx 1650) 79k @LIMBO;

https://in.store.asus.com/fx516...ml 79k (TUF Dash Intel n Nvidia 3050ti)

You can extend warranty by visiting asus website.

ASUS VivoBook K15 OLED (2021) Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 5500U – (16 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 11 Home) https://www.flipkart.com/asus-vivobook-k15-oled...

Lenovo

IdeaPad Slim 5i Pro (14, 11th Gen Intel)

You will be getting 3 years Onsite warranty n 1year ADP without any cost. https://www.lenovo.com/in/en/laptops/ideapad/s-...

It is a good laptop. 2 Year ADP comes at 2799. You break your laptop 3 times in 3 years of time, they will fix your laptop without a question. It’s personally verified. 🙂🙂🙂


    Pro Tech Guru Pro Tech Guru
    Link Copied

    Asus, Lenovo, Dell or Apple all include the ability to limit maximum battery charge to prolong it’s longevity. Acer only started including this important feature in 2020 models and later. Effing HP only in it’s business lineup and that too randomly removing it from newer models. 


    Personally I think I will go for a Lenovo laptop next time. Acer is very restrictive with the options provided in the BIOS and mods are rare. 

    Commentator Commentator
    Link Copied
    noobDealer wrote:

    I can help with apply student discount if you want, I bought. lasy year, I bought m1 ipad pro for 68k 

    Can you please mention final price for M1 from student ID after all discounts and all?

    replyuser
    Click here to reply
    Reply