Best way to Use Amex Rs.1500 x 2 times ?

124°
Entertainer

Adding to paytm wallet is attracting 2.7% charges and adding via Uber is not working.

Any other decently OK way to utilize 1500 × 2 times?

20 Comments  |  
8 Dimers
  • Sort By
Expand
Budhe-Baba wrote:

Sorry, wanted to avoid Mobiquick. World’s biggest leaker. confused

Then no other way, it seems amex now wants user to genuinely use their card for most of their spends. Btw 1500 two times shouldn’t be that difficult, a grocery & fuel swipe for a month every month should be more than enough.

Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Then no other way, it seems amex now wants user to genuinely use their card for most of their spends. Btw 1500 two times shouldn’t be that difficult, a grocery & fuel swipe for a month every month should be more than enough.

I don’t get the genuine part. If a user has not exhausted paytm-whatever-app loading limits, and even if one does, and is ready to pay commission, isn’t it genuine?

I believe most wallets are not accepted by everyone, and paytm is largely accepted, and next comes phonepe/mobikwik. This is where most wallet users have problem reaching the spend criteria.

In any case, one buy a GV on amazon or other third party sites, or even load money on amazon.

Expand
andromeda wrote:

I don’t get the genuine part. If a user has not exhausted paytm-whatever-app loading limits, and even if one does, and is ready to pay commission, isn’t it genuine?

I believe most wallets are not accepted by everyone, and paytm is largely accepted, and next comes phonepe/mobikwik. This is where most wallet users have problem reaching the spend criteria.

In any case, one buy a GV on amazon or other third party sites, or even load money on amazon.

By genuine I mean actually spending money loaded in wallets, many who load money in wallets do so for the purpose of money rotation. Also one does not even need to use wallets nowadays when many major shops & stores in big cities(the ones where amex has official presence) have amex enabled PoS machines.

Add as paytm gift voucher, not wallet. You can use the money in all paytm ways, except bank transfer.

Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Then no other way, it seems amex now wants user to genuinely use their card for most of their spends.

How does AMEX have any role in this? Its Paytm who has closed the loophole.

Expand
guest_999 wrote:

By genuine I mean actually spending money loaded in wallets, many who load money in wallets do so for the purpose of money rotation. Also one does not even need to use wallets nowadays when many major shops & stores in big cities(the ones where amex has official presence) have amex enabled PoS machines.

I load in Paytm and mobikwik and use it to pay for my grocery needs. Amex may be accepted at the outlets I visit, but then I need to swipe min of 1500 to reach their spend criteria, while my grocery payments will be usually be around 2-300s.

Expand
andromeda wrote:

I load in Paytm and mobikwik and use it to pay for my grocery needs. Amex may be accepted at the outlets I visit, but then I need to swipe min of 1500 to reach their spend criteria, while my grocery payments will be usually be around 2-300s.

My kirana only accepts paytm. And ontherocks trick i have heard for the first time. Hope i can use this voucher trick to send money (pay) to kirana.

Expand
Budhe-Baba wrote:

My kirana only accepts paytm. And ontherocks trick i have heard for the first time. Hope i can use this voucher trick to send money (pay) to kirana.

I think it is plugged based on my vague memory from the discussions here. I think @drjpatwa may have some insights

Expand
andromeda wrote:

I think it is plugged based on my vague memory from the discussions here. I think @drjpatwa may have some insights

I just checked and yes, it is plugged. Getting charges for voucher too

I m Now using Amex on hppay for fuel & in dmart. Plus online shopping…

Expand
ontherocks wrote:

How does AMEX have any role in this? Its Paytm who has closed the loophole.

Yes but amex knew & they most likely increased the transaction requirement from 1000 to 1500 knowing that most popular wallets have closed the loophole so spending this much amount is very difficult to achieve unless spending genuinely.

Expand
andromeda wrote:

That is why I said once a month swipe, purchase some costly items(like ghee or big pack of complan etc) in a single swipe for total bill of 1500 once a month & spend on fuel/online shopping/bill payment for the rest.

Expand
guest_999 wrote:

That is why I said once a month swipe, purchase some costly items(like ghee or big pack of complan etc) in a single swipe for total bill of 1500 once a month & spend on fuel/online shopping/bill payment for the rest.

My grocery requirements are minimal for now. Ghee is a biproduct of milk I purchase. Recently milk vendor started to take Paytm. And if I don’t achieve amex monthly target, it is perfectly acceptable to my conscience. If the target is achieved, I’ll be happier, else happy.

What do you mean by Uber not working
Takes charges or payment fails

Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Yes but amex knew & they most likely increased the transaction requirement from 1000 to 1500 knowing that most popular wallets have closed the loophole so spending this much amount is very difficult to achieve unless spending genuinely.

How does increasing the amount help AMEX in terms of genuine spends? Even if they had maintained Rs.1000, it will have to be genuine spends now.
Moreover, if their concern was genuine spends, easier move would have been to exclude wallet loading from RP.
Any reward system gets devalued with time and AMEX’s move was simply in this direction.

Expand
ontherocks wrote:

How does increasing the amount help AMEX in terms of genuine spends? Even if they had maintained Rs.1000, it will have to be genuine spends now.
Moreover, if their concern was genuine spends, easier move would have been to exclude wallet loading from RP.
Any reward system gets devalued with time and AMEX’s move was simply in this direction.

Infact there are some transactions like insurance payments which are excluded from their usual rewards, but are definitely considered for bonus rewards if eligible

Expand
ontherocks wrote:

I am assuming it is more to do with “image”, for example currently amex is probably the most recognized card which still gives reward points on wallet transactions so it sets it apart from its competition. As for transaction size, maybe they did some sort of data analysis to come to a conclusion that those willing to load 1000 every month 4 times just for reward points sake & not spending even if it means balance lying there(some ppl utilize 40-50k in a single wallet transaction for some large bill payment etc once a year) mostly won’t do the same if transaction size is increased to 1500(kind of like those 9999 sale price instead of pricing it 10000 even though difference is just 1).
@andromeda

Expand
guest_999 wrote:

I am assuming it is more to do with “image”, for example currently amex is probably the most recognized card which still gives reward points on wallet transactions so it sets it apart from its competition. As for transaction size, maybe they did some sort of data analysis to come to a conclusion that those willing to load 1000 every month 4 times just for reward points sake & not spending even if it means balance lying there(some ppl utilize 40-50k in a single wallet transaction for some large bill payment etc once a year) mostly won’t do the same if transaction size is increased to 1500(kind of like those 9999 sale price instead of pricing it 10000 even though difference is just 1).
@andromeda

+1. Agree, but slightly different view.

This transaction size increase is mostly to maximize their card usage, bringing them more commissions/profits. They don’t make profit if they deter consumers, rather it acts as a slow poison to increase the consumption.

If I’m not wrong, they started Gold Charge card with 250*4 transaction size back in 2011, and eventually now it is at 1000*6 transactions.

Missing