Hot Deal

'BharOS', Made-In-India Operating System

403°
  • 1743
  • 50
  • Last Comment
  • Reasons

    Vote down Reasons

    • Other reasons : 1
    • Self Promotion : 1
    • Product not good/not worth the price : 1
Top Comments
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied
Anonymous_ wrote:

This is Android only just without Google basically AOSP

I am sure they spent crores on this,ghotala.
49 Comments  |  
25 Dimers
  • Sort By
Generous Generous
Link Copied

  Great. Name is unusual.  Bhar rolleyes

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Might be fork of Chromium OS

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

For a second I read it BiharOS

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

Unnecessary IMO. Even if they managed to develop a stable operating system, availability of apps will be big problem (Unless these OS developers provide a easy way to port iOS and Android apps). The same reason why Windows Phone OS is dead now and Smart phone makers are least interested in LinuxOS

Anyways they are trying something (Looks completely indigenous for now at least) so i wish good look to them (Hoping that this won't be just another fork of Android like HarmonyOS)

Firestorm Firestorm
Link Copied
LG50 wrote:

For a second I read it BiharOS

+1 smile

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

This is Android only just without Google basically AOSP

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied
Anonymous_ wrote:

This is Android only just without Google basically AOSP

I am sure they spent crores on this,ghotala.
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Isse achha to bharatOS  rakh lete

Trans: It would have been better to have named Bharatos

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied
morningstar96 wrote:

Content has been removed!

Russian dani se catchy kuch nahi
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Useless. Haven't read about it but I'm pretty sure it's either like featured phones os or android based custom rom or some chromium..

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
morningstar96 wrote:

Content has been removed!

Awesome comment, just made my day 😂
Generous Generous
Link Copied

Maybe just a normal custom rom promoted as made in India 🤔

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Anonymous_ wrote:
This is Android only just without Google services
Good find👍🏼.
They might as well call it BharOSa https://jandkops.in/bharos1.svg Bharat Operating System @Aatmanirbhar भरोसा BharOSa

I also did some looking around and it seems that
although the developer company 'JandK operations' looks like a recently formed company.
.. there might be veterans behind the crafty web of companies involved.
(Yes they threw in the IIT-M name... to give it more legitimacy. But basically looks like some old hands formed a new company and used GitHub type resources and software development people to present a forked/modified Android software).

ENMAIL.COM private limited (Corporate Identification Number: U72900TN2000PTC044066) has the registered address having pincode 600095.

JANDK operations private limited (Corporate Identification Number: U72200TN2022PTC149526) has the registered address having pincode 600096.



https://enmail.com
had 'some' Karthik Ayyar, in the board of directors for many years.

JANDK operations private limited has a Karthik Ayyar, in its board of directors.


https://jandkops.com
which redirects to https://jandkops.in is either made to look amateurish.. or is indeed supported by GitHub libraries type tools. (The portions of the site open to public are basic.. very basic.)

Seemingly https://enmail.com has been around for over two decades and the live website has not been updated in ages.

Not sure as to 'which' Jaffar Sait is on the board of JandK operations private limited. But even the indicted police officer by the name of Jaffar Sait has Master of Philosophy, Master of Science degrees.

No idea as to who exactly is the Jaffar Sait.. which is on the board of JandK ops.
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Useless stuff, just hyping it up with made in India catchphrase. Its not even different and a look alike of chromium.

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

Iit madras has to come clean on this, cant just show a forked version of lineageos(based on Android only) as a indian made os.

Looks more like a Highly organised pr attempt by iit madras incubation team with support of it minister 

Pro Blogger Pro Blogger
Link Copied
getready wrote:

Unnecessary IMO. Even if they managed to develop a stable operating system, availability of apps will be big problem (Unless these OS developers provide a easy way to port iOS and Android apps). The same reason why Windows Phone OS is dead now and Smart phone makers are least interested in LinuxOS

Anyways they are trying something (Looks completely indigenous for now at least) so i wish good look to them (Hoping that this won't be just another fork of Android like HarmonyOS)

Forget about BharOS

I heard Indian govt will soon launch a new OS and Indian Apps store.

The main purpose for this new OS to replace Android/IOS for ministers, Defence personnal's phone.

Apps is not necessary. Only few apps needed and security is more important.

Same like India's Shakti processor. Some people are start comparing Shakti Processor vs Intel processor.

Ab kon samjhaye unhe, duniya me har electronic chiz me ajkal processor lagta hai.

Shakti Processor ko Windows OS k liye nahi SoC, development boards, based software platform, IOT etc k liye banaye ja rahe hai.

Intel khud Shakti Processor ko manufacture karta hai.

Same like Indian OS jo bhi hoga, kuch specific persons k liye hoga, jo humare desh k national security se related hai.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied
Expand
abhishek012 wrote:

Forget about BharOS

I heard Indian govt will soon launch a new OS and Indian Apps store.

The main purpose for this new OS to replace Android/IOS for ministers, Defence personnal's phone.

Apps is not necessary. Only few apps needed and security is more important.

Same like India's Shakti processor. Some people are start comparing Shakti Processor vs Intel processor.

Ab kon samjhaye unhe, duniya me har electronic chiz me ajkal processor lagta hai.

Shakti Processor ko Windows OS k liye nahi SoC, development boards, based software platform, IOT etc k liye banaye ja rahe hai.

Intel khud Shakti Processor ko manufacture karta hai.

Same like Indian OS jo bhi hoga, kuch specific persons k liye hoga, jo humare desh k national security se related hai.

Then why is our defence ministry and even the armed forces still using Delta software which is made in the US?
Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
abhishek012 wrote:

Forget about BharOS

I heard Indian govt will soon launch a new OS and Indian Apps store.

The main purpose for this new OS to replace Android/IOS for ministers, Defence personnal's phone.

Apps is not necessary. Only few apps needed and security is more important.

Same like India's Shakti processor. Some people are start comparing Shakti Processor vs Intel processor.

Ab kon samjhaye unhe, duniya me har electronic chiz me ajkal processor lagta hai.

Shakti Processor ko Windows OS k liye nahi SoC, development boards, based software platform, IOT etc k liye banaye ja rahe hai.

Intel khud Shakti Processor ko manufacture karta hai.

Same like Indian OS jo bhi hoga, kuch specific persons k liye hoga, jo humare desh k national security se related hai.

No one cares about the purpose, just the usual fake PR (Undeserved credit)

android

android2

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Its bettet if they success.. kya pata kal google mana kae de india me os dene se.. some case were also going on google..self independent is bettet optiom than blind trust others

Pro Blogger Pro Blogger
Link Copied
Expand
getready wrote:

No one cares about the purpose, just the usual fake PR (Undeserved credit)

android

android2

News wale kuch bhi bolte rahete hai. Unlogo ko mai seriously nhi leta. 😀
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

back in pre-gmail days we preferred yahoomail/hotmail over rediffmail anyday BUT they were peep-holes struck with rediff , look where is redifmail now

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
abhishek012 wrote:
News wale kuch bhi bolte rahete hai. Unlogo ko mai seriously nhi leta. 😀
News channels were merely reacting ( / take advantage) to this over-hyping by noob/fake gang. After realizing that this is just another AOSP rom with third party app-store like F-Droid, this announcement/testing itself feels unnecessary. 

Union Minister for Communications, Electronics and Information Technology and Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan on Tuesday tested 'BharOS', an indigenous operating system developed by the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IIT).
"Congratulations to everyone involved in developing the system. For the very first time when our Prime Minister Narendra Modiji talked about digital India eight years ago, some of our friends mocked him, but today, technocrats, innovators, industries and policymakers, and academic institutions of the country have accepted his vision after eight years," he said.
Union Telecom Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw was also present at the event.
Pro Blogger Pro Blogger
Link Copied
Sidhi.Baat.No.Bakwas wrote:

Its bettet if they success.. kya pata kal google mana kae de india me os dene se.. some case were also going on google..self independent is bettet optiom than blind trust others

Already Sundar pichai ne dhamki diya hai Android mahenga ho jayega India me. 😀

Aur baat sirf replace ki nhi hai. Agar kuch percentage market share grab bhi kar liya na toh competition create hoga.

Jaise Kai OS (jo Jiophone me hai) kitna mast popular ho raha tha, Google ne Kai OS me invest kar k uske development rok diya. Warna mujhe toh lagta hai, Kai OS agar ache se aur develop kare toh dhire dhire low end smartphone me bhi aa sakta hai and touchscreen phone me bhi aur saare apps na sahi but popular jitne apps hai sab Kai OS pe bhi aayega. Par Google karne nhi diya.

Pro Blogger Pro Blogger
Link Copied
Expand
getready wrote:
News channels were merely reacting ( / take advantage) to this over-hyping by noob/fake gang. After realizing that this is just another AOSP rom with third party app-store like F-Droid, this announcement/testing itself feels unnecessary. 

Union Minister for Communications, Electronics and Information Technology and Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan on Tuesday tested 'BharOS', an indigenous operating system developed by the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IIT).
"Congratulations to everyone involved in developing the system. For the very first time when our Prime Minister Narendra Modiji talked about digital India eight years ago, some of our friends mocked him, but today, technocrats, innovators, industries and policymakers, and academic institutions of the country have accepted his vision after eight years," he said.
Union Telecom Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw was also present at the event.
Hai toh IIT sab central government owned hote hai. Kuch hoga toh tareef karne toh aayega he ministers. 😀

Unlogo ko encourage karne k liye bolte he hai. Ek tarah se protocol hai samjhlo.
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied
demerius2020 wrote:

back in pre-gmail days we preferred yahoomail/hotmail over rediffmail anyday BUT they were peep-holes struck with rediff , look where is redifmail now

Zerodha has noticed higher chances of cyberattacks when the accounts are linked with Rediffmail e-mail IDs, and therefore restricts such accounts from resetting Kite password using e-mail. https://support.zerodha.com/category/trading-an...
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Ye bharOS apke dimag ka bharOSa jeetna chata hai 'Made in India' wala churan deke. Saavdhan rahe satark rahe. 

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
abhishek012 wrote:
Hai toh IIT sab central government owned hote hai. Kuch hoga toh tareef karne toh aayega he ministers. 😀

Unlogo ko encourage karne k liye bolte he hai. Ek tarah se protocol hai samjhlo.
Encourage karne ke liye kya khaas tha isme?
Even school kids (@XDA and TG) develop roms using AOSP code
replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply