BSNL not allowing port out message

84°
Deal Cadet
bridges

BSNL has increased the tariffs. It has become difficult to keep the second number alive in BSNL. I thought to port out to Jio. Currently in grace period on BSNL. TRAI has mandated all telcos to allow message to 1900 irrespective of tariffs/plans but still BSNL is not allowing the SMS to go to 1900.

Here is the TOI news on TRAI order

Is this a fair play ?

Expired
16 Comments  |  
9 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Contact them on twitter. It will be resolved in a month. Then you can send port sms on any plan.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Increased tariff? How much ? More that jio ? unamused

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Yes. Just to keep the SIM alive, they charge about 2 Rs./Day. An approximate hike of 8 times in 3 years. Better to be on Jio where they dont disconnect the incoming even when there is no recharge.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
bridges wrote:

Yes. Just to keep the SIM alive, they charge about 2 Rs./Day. An approximate hike of 8 times in 3 years. Better to be on Jio where they dont disconnect the incoming even when there is no recharge.

For how many months can we leave jio sim without recharge ?? Will they deactivate it ??

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
bridges wrote:

Yes. Just to keep the SIM alive, they charge about 2 Rs./Day. An approximate hike of 8 times in 3 years. Better to be on Jio where they dont disconnect the incoming even when there is no recharge.

2 Rs for 5 days, isn’t it?

Pro Tech Guru Pro Tech Guru
Link Copied
bridges wrote:

Yes. Just to keep the SIM alive, they charge about 2 Rs./Day. An approximate hike of 8 times in 3 years. Better to be on Jio where they dont disconnect the incoming even when there is no recharge.

IMO the worst part is BSNL forfeits the talktime balance in case SV expires. This is one of the main reasons I haven’t ported out yet. Network unreliability being the other concern. 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
makeourdeal wrote:

2 Rs for 5 days, isn’t it?



Nah….

Rs. 2/Day. all the options are nearly Rs.2/day only


Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
rajankit16 wrote:

For how many months can we leave jio sim without recharge ?? Will they deactivate it ??

So far… unlimited time.

If your connection is legitimate with complete KYC, they have not deactivated any connection so far.

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
LIMBO wrote:

IMO the worst part is BSNL forfeits the talktime balance in case SV expires. This is one of the main reasons I haven’t ported out yet. Network unreliability being the other concern. 

all of them do that. only Vi carries forward if recharged within validity.

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
bridges wrote:

So far… unlimited time.

If your connection is legitimate with complete KYC, they have not deactivated any connection so far.

check the number of subscribers “lost” by Jio during the last 3 months. These are all deactivation of connections that have not been recharged for long.

Critic Critic
Link Copied

OP

TRAI order does  not apply to numbers which are on grace period. They only apply for numbers within main recharge validity. 

Pro Tech Guru Pro Tech Guru
Link Copied
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

all of them do that. only Vi carries forward if recharged within validity.

I am talking about the main balance. No other operator forfeit it. Does BSNL only does so in case of secondary balance? 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

What the Shh..I ported from Airtel to BSNL today as I thought bsnl recharge were comparatively cheaper than others.Can someone tell me what is best plan in bsnl to keep incoming active

Deal's Advocate Deal's Advocate
Link Copied
hacker96 wrote:

What the Shh..I ported from Airtel to BSNL today as I thought bsnl recharge were comparatively cheaper than others.Can someone tell me what is best plan in bsnl to keep incoming active

397 plan for 200 days incoming
And 60 days of free outgoing and 2gb daily data..
EDIT: the 60 days free outgoing Is included in the first 200 days of the plan..
@hacker96

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

VI is best. They keep
Giving validity after ur service validity
expires and also keep giving free 1gb/day

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

check the number of subscribers “lost” by Jio during the last 3 months. These are all deactivation of connections that have not been recharged for long.

And did not have proper KYC done.

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply