Are you participating in it?
Poll has expired, here are the final results
Hot Deal

Burger King IPO - Buy or Not ?

3312°
Hunk
bikidas2060

Burger King IPO is set to open on 2nd Dec 2020. Price band has been set to 59/60₹

The proposed IPO will see the company raise ₹810 crore, comprising a fresh issue of shares amounting to ₹450 crore, while the promoter entity QSR Asia Pte Ltd will sell up to 60 million shares, aggregating to ₹360 crore at the upper end of the price band.
Source: https://www.livemint.com/market/stock-market-ne...

Deal Wiki

Burger King IPO Details

IPO Date Dec 2, 2020 – Dec 4, 2020
Issue Type Book Built Issue
*IPO Issue Size 135,000,000 Eq Shares of ₹10 (aggregating up to ₹810.00 Cr)

• Fresh Issue 75,000,000 Eq Shares of ₹10 (aggregating up to ₹450.00 Cr)
  • Offer for Sale 60,000,000 Eq Shares of ₹10 (aggregating up to ₹360.00 Cr)
    Face Value ₹10 per equity share
    IPO Price ₹59 to ₹60 per equity share
    Market Lot 250 Shares
    Min Order Quantity 250 Shares
    Listing At BSE, NSE

Burger King IPO Tentative Date / Timetable
Bid/Offer Opens On Dec 2, 2020
Bid/Offer Closes On Dec 4, 2020
Finalisation of Basis of Allotment Dec 9, 2020
Initiation of Refunds Dec 10, 2020
Credit of Shares to Demat Acct Dec 11, 2020
IPO Shares Listing Date Dec 14, 2020

Burger King IPO Lot Size and Price (Retail)

• Minimum 1 lot (250 shares)=₹15,000
  • Maximum 13 lots (3250 shares) = ₹195,000

Burger King IPO Registrar (In case any mishap happens)
Link Intime India Private Ltd
Link Intime India Private Ltd
C 101, 247 Park, L.B.S.Marg,
Vikhroli (West), Mumbai – 400083
(Phone: +91-22-4918 6270
Email: [email protected]

Company Promoters:
QSR Asia Pte. Ltd is the promoter of the company.

DRHP: https://listing.bseindia.com/download/348994/IP...

data source: https://www.chittorgarh.com/ipo/burger-king-ipo...

IPO Status:
retail 68.15x
NII 354.11x
QIB 86.64x
Total 156.65x

as of Dec 04, 2020 / 5:00PM IST
210 Comments  |  
99 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

My opinion for listing gains its good as its gmp is already 50-60% and retail quota only 10%
But for long term not so good as already there is competition Mcdonals Kfc and also people are becoming more health conscious towards eating

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
BubbleBoyChickenLittle wrote:

Well highlighted the point of Consumption. The only reason any corporate is ready to grab a pie of market share and willing to invest in India due to population size.

Size matters.

If I have 10000 rupees and earn 20% then my earnings will be rs 2000.

If you have 100000 and you earning 10% on it then your earning is 10000.

If another person has 1000000 and he suffers loss of 2% due to some one time loss then his loss will be 20000.

If some say I over take both of you then .?

We need to understand how absolute figures work.

If I continue my eg. Then year end figures will be

I own 12000 – you own 110000 and rich guy own 980000 in year end .he is ahead of us even if he suffers loss in one year.

So in Indian economy case also size matter -our huge domestic consumption market will keep us ahead of all other economy except China.

Link Copied

Buy for listing. Not for long term

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Berger Khao आईपीओ kaun khayega iska joy

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Jobs are not created well and the economy is going down day by day. All Indians are taken back to 1000 AD by our politicians. Hate!! Hate!! Hate others!… Unless they change we can not grow much…

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Buy
It’s already trading over 56% of the premium in grey market.

So you’ll easily get at least 180% of the investment as listing grains at least

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
aranrawat862 wrote:

Buy
It’s already trading over 56% of the premium in grey market.

So you’ll easily get at least 180% of the investment as listing grains at least

🤗🤗🤗

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Can’t really say. India’s economy is officially in recession.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

No longterm gains only short term listing gains only bcz it’s posting losses from last 3 years and who likes burger king if you have McDonald’s infront

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
siva.murala378 wrote:

No longterm gains only short term listing gains only bcz it’s posting losses from last 3 years and who likes burger king if you have McDonald’s infront

Westlife development also is suffering huge losses. McDonalds is managed by them. Even if you discount the last 2 quarter results the company wasn’t reporting any profits.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
trailblazer wrote:

Westlife development also is suffering huge losses. McDonalds is managed by them. Even if you discount the last 2 quarter results the company wasn’t reporting any profits.

I am not talking about McDonald’s i am comparing taste between companies

My view on burger king is untill they convert losses into Pat no longterm

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I read the red herring prospectus and below are the points my notes.
1. Price band of Rs.59-60.
2, Plan to raise Rs. 810 crs (Rs. 450 crores fresh issue and 360 crs, OFS).
3, Promoters QSR Asia pvy ltd will sell 60m shares.
4. 10% for retail investors.
5. Funds raised will be used for further expansion.
6. Currently 216 burger king restaurants and 8 sub contracted stores.
7. The losses were reducing till 2019, but now they have posted posted huge losses (around 10% of their revenue) in H1FY21.
8. The company has the obligation to open 700 QSRs by the end of Dec 2026. (So they have to open 476 new restaurants).
9. Globally 18675 QSRs in more than 100 countries (Parent company, not the subsidary).
10. Market share of QSRs in india is only 4.43% ($188bn).
11. Company has to pay a royalty of 2.5 to 5% of the total revenue (not PAT) to the holding company.
12. Burger king spends around 5% of its total revenue in advertising.
13. Current debt/equity stands at 3.55.

Hope this helps! I am personally staying out of this IPO.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
siva.murala378 wrote:

I am not talking about McDonald’s i am comparing taste between companies

My view on burger king is untill they convert losses into Pat no longterm

I am not a huge fan of burger king either. I haven’t had their burger for a long time to be frank. Last I had was around 7-8 years back when they had only few items in their vegetarian menu.

Link Copied
Expand
trailblazer wrote:

I am not a huge fan of burger king either. I haven’t had their burger for a long time to be frank. Last I had was around 7-8 years back when they had only few items in their vegetarian menu.

You had gone outside India to have BK burger bro? As BK India opened up in 2014 only, that’s just 6 years.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Tried it in India. Outside India they have nothing for vegetarians.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Is it Workable?
Can Any Suggest that, is this investment is Profitable?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I have eaten their burger only once, that too outside India. I am personally not a fan of the fast food chains. Their target customers in developed countries are the poors who can not afford buying quality food daily. India is totally different story, the target customers here are middle class which is already aware of health concerns with such food. I don’t think that they would be able to grow as big as say their American company in long run.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

information here is an eye-opener for newbies like me thanx everyone

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Novizio wrote:

information here is an eye-opener for newbies like me thanx everyone

So what did you decide

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
Bk100 wrote:

Where I said India will over take China?

India will remain @ second spot overtaking USA.

Viatanam and Bangladesh.you must be joking.

Where would they get huge domestic consumption market?

I am talking about huge domestic consumption next 30 years.i am betting domestic consumption theme.

If are so sure about Bangladesh economy then you can invest in there stock market.

Indian government allowed Indian investors to invest in overseas markets too😜

India overtaking USA, this is what dreaming big for granted is called. As for Vietnam & Bangladesh don’t forget a tiny Singapore is much more economically developed than India. Yes size matters but per capita indices also matters. India will not achieve economical or social per capita indices of developed nations even in next 50 years. Investing in foreign markets is complicated with a lot of rules & regulations so most typical investors stay out of it. Also in next 50 years world is going to change completely because of climate change & advent of AI which India is not prepared to deal with judging by current situation. In the end it all comes down to whether you believe in Indian politicians/politics which I don’t & without whose full hearted effort achieving such dreams will remain that only, dreams.
@BubbleBoyChickenLittle

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

As per knowledge one of the major reason is china entered in to that business. Because of that Retail investors didn’t entered. That’s why IPO a little bit less nominated.

The PostMighty The PostMighty
Link Copied

Will decide last day…how QIB and HNI interested on this

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
bikidas2060 wrote:

@BubbleBoyChickenLittle @guest_999 @garamjalebi @homedimer @Shahskm @drupal @THE_Beast @mrKool_JJ @malikcool @androgame @MSDfan @mas143forever @amdoinggood123 @Bk100 @adrishya
@xuseronline

Guys give your opinions

It’s totally waste of time to invest in such a loss making company, i know things will change after Covid but is it really like how loss has been done to them? A big No.
You’ll see a opening day loss in this share for sure.
This company is not like that of Dominos or Zomato or swiggy. One needs to pay a big share of revenue to it’s parent company…
One should refrain from such luring IPOs
SBI card is a recent example.. learn from it

Just get a simple science, why a company needs to go for IPo?
For expansion of it’s business which requires money so they ask investors for it. But think a while?
Burger king in the time of pandemic is planning for expansion. And it’s expansion is really a chaotic process. Moreover one average burger from Burger king costs around ₹200
And here in my locality one can get a burger utmost ₹20, .

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
looter143 wrote:

It’s totally waste of time to invest in such a loss making company, i know things will change after Covid but is it really like how loss has been done to them? A big No.
You’ll see a opening day loss in this share for sure.
This company is not like that of Dominos or Zomato or swiggy. One needs to pay a big share of revenue to it’s parent company…
One should refrain from such luring IPOs
SBI card is a recent example.. learn from it

Just get a simple science, why a company needs to go for IPo?
For expansion of it’s business which requires money so they ask investors for it. But think a while?
Burger king in the time of pandemic is planning for expansion. And it’s expansion is really a chaotic process. Moreover one average burger from Burger king costs around ₹200
And here in my locality one can get a burger utmost ₹20, .

That 20 rupees one is called Vada pav in our area and FYI BK’s burgers start from 40.. Don’t compare a lemon with Apple..

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Bk100 wrote:

Where I said India will over take China?

India will remain @ second spot overtaking USA.

Viatanam and Bangladesh.you must be joking.

Where would they get huge domestic consumption market?

I am talking about huge domestic consumption next 30 years.i am betting domestic consumption theme.

If are so sure about Bangladesh economy then you can invest in there stock market.

Indian government allowed Indian investors to invest in overseas markets too😜

A lot depends on how you grab the opportunity… India need to change so many things in every sector before being so called #AatamNirbhar

Consumption could be one of the factor and not everything wrt a product.

Reality Check!!
Read This – just as an example!!

To set up a Bulk Drug unit at scale in India, you would need to comply with at least 34 environment regulations which takes 2 years compared to 6 months in China. Environment management is 5% of product cost as per industry. As per a study by Nomura Group on 56 companies shifting production out of China, only 3 relocated to India while 26 went to Vietnam, 11 to Taiwan & 8 to Thailand.

Image Source: Bloomberg|Quint

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/652570/medium/7189502Capture1.jpg?1606893741

Link Copied
Expand
gc1992 wrote:

A lot depends on how you grab the opportunity… India need to change so many things in every sector before being so called #AatamNirbhar

Consumption could be one of the factor and not everything wrt a product.

Reality Check!!
Read This – just as an example!!

To set up a Bulk Drug unit at scale in India, you would need to comply with at least 34 environment regulations which takes 2 years compared to 6 months in China. Environment management is 5% of product cost as per industry. As per a study by Nomura Group on 56 companies shifting production out of China, only 3 relocated to India while 26 went to Vietnam, 11 to Taiwan & 8 to Thailand.

Image Source: Bloomberg|Quint

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/652570/medium/7189502Capture1.jpg?1606893741

Again you are comparing with China.

I never said we over take China in next 30 years.

But world number 2 position is not bad place to be in.

I will be happy if India perform s better than my expectations.but I will not be worried if India maintains 5% to 6% GDP growth for next 10 years [email protected] growth rate we can make lot of money in next 10 years .

Missing