Can a 150 bucks ear phone beat a Rs.600 samsung ear phones in FM radio quality ?

227°
Analyst
dharmanath481

YES biggrin

Yesterday was at a mobile accessories wholeseller in Pune since accessories for A35 and A27 are not available in retail shops.

Directions (not originally from Pune so don’t know the special temple names)
-—————-
After the Ravivar Peth – Phule Market signal in Pune go straight towards Swargate.

on 2nd cross road there is a small temple on right and its right on the road. next to it is Vaishnavi mobile shop.

UFONE in-ear headphones for Rs. 150. Didn’t believe what i was hearing when I took a demo.

So had my micromax phone using these ear phone on a FM channel and 2nd samsung using expensive original samsung ear phones in another ear and both were having similar sound quality.

PS : nope I don’t have hearing problems and not prescribed a hearing aid.

11 Comments  |  
7 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Shukhrwar Peth is the new Pimpri or Camp area:shock:
https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/711764/medium/1542232jpemAB3.png?1631712829

pheww! how’d you find it Sir. or was it recommended.
does not look like a ‘shop’ i would step up for initially (unless sure). but appearances ARE deceptive

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

yes that’s the one you got bang on.

I was referred to find the shop by a friend from the same industry.

Its a big shop. on the left side there is another shutter which takes care of retail sales.

Its just a front end. the guy deals majorly deals from his warehouse.

Its between Dagdushet ganapati and swargate so is in the old city.

If you go there do try the headphones biggrin

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Ab tou aap🙏🏼 please🙇🏻 yeh dilwa dou https://desidime.com/forums/hot-deals-online/topics/portronics-por-648-adapto-12-w-2-4-a-multiport-mobile-charger-with-detachable-cable-white-cable-included#post_7929714.

FedEx charges and item costs will be N.E.F.T.ed within an hour of receiving your bank details.

And one kilo 😊Chitale Bandu kesariya pedha😋, one kilo 😊 Ghodke pedha😋 by today evening (if you give the address).
And and Sujata Mastani😋 treat whenever weather/climate is enjoyable and you are in the mood for it.🙂

View 1 more reply
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
dharmanath481 wrote:
I was referred to find the shop by a friend from the same industry.
deals majorly from his warehouse.

okie great. worth a dekko then. otherwise between Made in USA [Ulhasnagar S Association] and Made in China, its not easy to spot the quality stuff.

not from Pune either and not in Pune either at the moment. but noted the info to pass on to __

hope these last a while for you. a speaker is basically just a membrane vibrating against a good magnet [exceptions being neodymium speakers].
so if its made in a proper way, mostly it will work.

P.S.: you are not benchmarking them in a ‘test environment’. the range , capturing the lows and such factors are going to be difficult to make out from a small sample use. besides its on a traffic ridden street. this is not to patronise expensive stuff, merely an observation

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

The oem manufacturing cost of an in-ear headphone from an unbranded to samsung might not be more than 10%

The real cost is the R&D lab, huge salaries to the staff managing them, Fat salary of the CEO, commission of the intermediaries and company profit of 30%.

An unbranded would use an older technology and cut all those costs bringing the cost from 1000 to 100

UFONE was worth mentioning because the manufacturer and the importer took the risk of putting in those extra 10% and coming out with the product. I think even HTC evolved in a similar way.

why FM ?

• Well its impossible to find same song on 2 random mobiles handsets
  • Its impossible to play the same song synced between 2 handsets to judge the quality.
  • Its not about pitching samsung with ufone they cannot be a comparison.

Its about a oem manufacturer thinking differently and giving real VFM to us the consumer.

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied

The issue here is for how long it will work, these could be good but how is the build quality of the wiring i have noticed that bad ones get spoilt fast too..

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Hmm… but sometimes ..some odd ones (depending on usage, care/upkeep) do last fairly well.

Like in this … sanitiser snaan/bath era.. I have already managed to cause eventual damage to at-least two Samsung mobile phones, one old (keypad one) Nokia and a few wired headphones.

Surprisingly though, a ganga-jamuna (unbranded/generic) has survived fairly good DESPITE even non gel based .. and water/alcohol based liquid sanitisers.
It cost me ₹50 with no bargaining in a second rung shop of a second rung town.

Whereas this ..so call ‘branded’ one of ₹80 or ₹100.. of ‘Ubon’ (the brand boxes have photographs of Jackie/ Ayesha Shroff’s son. I do not recollect his name)…
This 100₹ or so earphones of ‘Ubon’ have got issues with the call receive/ disconnect button.. next to the microphone assembly.
It has stopped working in about 2½ monthd😶😖.
It could be due to normal issues of low quality stuff… or due to the sanitisers snaans/baths.
But I think it is manufacturing and parts quality issue.
Sanitiser is Asian Paints liquid one and most of the time I only used the Dettol gel based simple sanitiser.
90-92% of the time i only used this non residue Dettol gel. That too i moderate quantity.

And other (even the unbranded one with larger microphone hole) is working fine.
Whereas this ‘Ubon’ now has the call receive/ disconnect in a jammed. The button/switch is stuck in the depressed position.😔

Critic Critic
Link Copied

@MrKool_JJ

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Arre baap re sweat_smile

View 1 more reply
replyuser
Click here to reply