Can credit score be messed with in case of no loans

206°
suspended
62
1257
4

Hi,

My friend opened an IDFC bank through an agent few months back. He applied for the 10k mab account but the agent opened the 25k mab account. Bank started charging him when his balance went less than 25k. The agent left the bank and said to talk to the branch. The branch is now saying that their branch has all accounts with minimum 25k mab. They are lying as my friend’s client has 10k mab accounts in the same branch. Anyways he mailed the customer support team for a month. Every time a ticket number was generated which was auto closed within 48 hours. On the phone support they also used to create a ticket but it was also auto closed within 2 days. He requested the branch to close his account but they said that it cannot be done within the first 6 months else there will be some preclosure charges around 4-5k. He transferred all his money to some other account. Now he is getting calls from the bank to either keep 25k mab and pay the charges or else the head office will raise a query with the credit score companies and his credit score will be ruined. As per the caller if an account is not closed it will keep on attracting minimum balance charges and once they breach a certain limit the credit score of an account holder will be impacted. Is this true that the credit score will take a hit in this case? What should be done in this case?

Thanks

@Sudarshan61 @guest_999 @DimeDime @R0417

20 Comments  |  
11 Dimers
  • Sort By
62
1257
4

Mail id’s where he sent those mails
[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
The second and fourth email ids used to auto block his email address
Message blocked
Your message to [email protected] has been blocked. See technical details below for more information.
The response from the remote server was:
550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied. AS [MA1IND01FT010.eop-IND01.prod.protection.outlook.com]

50
982
6

Saving bank account can’t mess credit score..
File complain with RBI and chill.

89
599
2
billubakra wrote:

Mail id’s where he sent those mails
[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
The second and fourth email ids used to auto block his email address
Message blocked
Your message to [email protected] has been blocked. See technical details below for more information.
The response from the remote server was:
550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied. AS [MA1IND01FT010.eop-IND01.prod.protection.outlook.com]

Branch Location?

Scare tactics, nothing else. Credit agencies are authorized only to keep the database of line of credits offered to a person and its re-payment history.
PS: Inquiry History, Employment history, Contact/Residential/Office history.

48
1914
9

It’s such a broad daylight loot, should not be overlooked at any cost, RBI should sack such banks practicing these kind of nonsensical charges in unethical ways in the name of MAB…What if a person’s financial status has gone bad only after account opening, he should be definitely allowed to opt out without being charged..

91
41145
655
billubakra wrote:

Hi,

My friend opened an IDFC bank through an agent few months back. He applied for the 10k mab account but the agent opened the 25k mab account. Bank started charging him when his balance went less than 25k. The agent left the bank and said to talk to the branch. The branch is now saying that their branch has all accounts with minimum 25k mab. They are lying as my friend’s client has 10k mab accounts in the same branch. Anyways he mailed the customer support team for a month. Every time a ticket number was generated which was auto closed within 48 hours. On the phone support they also used to create a ticket but it was also auto closed within 2 days. He requested the branch to close his account but they said that it cannot be done within the first 6 months else there will be some preclosure charges around 4-5k. He transferred all his money to some other account. Now he is getting calls from the bank to either keep 25k mab and pay the charges or else the head office will raise a query with the credit score companies and his credit score will be ruined. As per the caller if an account is not closed it will keep on attracting minimum balance charges and once they breach a certain limit the credit score of an account holder will be impacted. Is this true that the credit score will take a hit in this case? What should be done in this case?

Thanks

@Sudarshan61 @guest_999 @DimeDime @R0417

Follow steps https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/646008/medium/7041486urOnv5y.gif?1603602825

  • Submit written letter addressed to branch manager mentioning above ordeal highlighting criminal offences committed under IPC 503, 506 and 504(If affected person is of female gender then add 509 also above mentioned section)
  • Mark a copy of letter to district magistrate and police commissioner.

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/646007/medium/7041486OEuy8Hn.gif?1603602820 https://www.idfcbank.com/content/dam/idfc/image...

https://www.idfcbank.com/content/dam/idfc/image...

https://www.idfcfirstbank.com/content/dam/IDFCF... https://cdn0.desidime.com/smileys/injured.gif

294
7225
72

preclosure charges around 4-5k – utter lies
Ask your friend to go to bank with complaint letter and demand acknowledgment. Never budge.
They will just fall in line.

204
5619
59

Bank walon ko bolo bakra kisi aur ko banana…

269
4386
46

For me they always solve queries. Lets try their twitter team also once

50
982
6

Btw..it’s very common practice ..
Same had happened to me if I had ignored things ..

Opened account online..but KYC was done in person
The person visited me came with two forms (I checked 10K classic account varient in that along with my signature)…then he tried his best to..I am sure if I would have left it blank he would have made my account as 24K MAB

Always pay attention to what papers you are signing …(most bank papers we normally sign as black paper and agent/RM fills it latter…always tick or fill necessary details by yourself or ask agent to fill )

62
1257
4
Expand
DimeDime wrote:

Branch Location?

Scare tactics, nothing else. Credit agencies are authorized only to keep the database of line of credits offered to a person and its re-payment history.
PS: Inquiry History, Employment history, Contact/Residential/Office history.

Chandigarh.
Matlab no issues even if after few years the bank charges for non-maintenance reach 10k+ ?

62
1257
4
Expand
goss8877 wrote:

Follow steps https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/646008/medium/7041486urOnv5y.gif?1603602825

  • Submit written letter addressed to branch manager mentioning above ordeal highlighting criminal offences committed under IPC 503, 506 and 504(If affected person is of female gender then add 509 also above mentioned section)
  • Mark a copy of letter to district magistrate and police commissioner.

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/646007/medium/7041486OEuy8Hn.gif?1603602820 https://www.idfcbank.com/content/dam/idfc/image...

https://www.idfcbank.com/content/dam/idfc/image...

https://www.idfcfirstbank.com/content/dam/IDFCF... https://cdn0.desidime.com/smileys/injured.gif

Vakeel saab. What does those sections mean to be precise?
He has complained at every level in that bank but no replies. Maha ch*iya chor bank.

62
1257
4
caks2006407 wrote:

preclosure charges around 4-5k – utter lies
Ask your friend to go to bank with complaint letter and demand acknowledgment. Never budge.
They will just fall in line.

Yaar axis mein hote the 1000+service tax aaj se 6-7 saal pehle. Aajkal pta nahi. One of the reasons I stick to sarkari banks lol

62
1257
4
Sudarshan61 wrote:

Saving bank account can’t mess credit score..
File complain with RBI and chill.

Matlab no issues even if after few years the bank charges for non-maintenance reach 10k+ ?

706
5755
60
Expand
billubakra wrote:

Chandigarh.
Matlab no issues even if after few years the bank charges for non-maintenance reach 10k+ ?

As per RBI guidelines there is a limit to what bank can charge as non-maintenance charges & it certainly isn’t 10k(in fact much lesser than that & it is assuming you left some balance in there, if zero balance then bank is supposed to not charge any penalty after 2 years of no activity in case of acc with MAB requirements with charges on not maintaining it). Only in case of current acc the non-maintenance charges may result in cibil score impact because of overdraft facility of current acc which is a kind of short term loan facility provided to current account holders.

https://www.businesstoday.in/moneytoday/perspec...

https://www.rbi.org.in/commonperson/English/Scr...

(vi) It should be ensured that the balance in the savings account does not turn into negative balance solely on account of levy of charges for non-maintenance of minimum balance.

62
1257
4
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

As per RBI guidelines there is a limit to what bank can charge as non-maintenance charges & it certainly isn’t 10k(in fact much lesser than that & it is assuming you left some balance in there, if zero balance then bank is supposed to not charge any penalty after 2 years of no activity in case of acc with MAB requirements with charges on not maintaining it). Only in case of current acc the non-maintenance charges may result in cibil score impact because of overdraft facility of current acc which is a kind of short term loan facility provided to current account holders.

https://www.businesstoday.in/moneytoday/perspec...

https://www.rbi.org.in/commonperson/English/Scr...

(vi) It should be ensured that the balance in the savings account does not turn into negative balance solely on account of levy of charges for non-maintenance of minimum balance.

Matlab as the balance is now zero the bank can’t charge any charges in the name of MAB?
He’s not having any other account in that bank so credit score is safe?
Will tell him to record the call next time they call and tweet it to them.

706
5755
60
Expand
billubakra wrote:

Matlab as the balance is now zero the bank can’t charge any charges in the name of MAB?
He’s not having any other account in that bank so credit score is safe?
Will tell him to record the call next time they call and tweet it to them.

Yes but after making zero balance don’t do any transaction in that acc now, not even net login/balance enquiry using ussd code or card/app access.

91
41145
655
Expand
billubakra wrote:

Vakeel saab. What does those sections mean to be precise?
He has complained at every level in that bank but no replies. Maha ch*iya chor bank.

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/661602/original/7336663image.jpg?1611410144

आईपीसी की धारा 503 के अनुसार, आपराधिक अभित्रास

जो भी कोई किसी अन्य व्यक्ति के शरीर, ख्याति या सम्पत्ति को या किसी ऐसे व्यक्ति के शरीर या ख्याति को, जिससे कि वह व्यक्ति हितबद्ध हो, कोई क्षति करने की धमकी उस अन्य व्यक्ति को इस आशय से देता है कि उसे संत्रास कारित किया जाए, या उस व्यक्ति को ऐसी धमकी के निष्पादन से बचने के साधन स्वरूप कोई ऐसा कार्य कराए, जिसे करने के लिए वह वैध रूप से आबद्ध न हो, या किसी ऐसे कार्य को करने का लोप कराए, जिसे करने के लिए वह वैध रूप से हकदार हो, वह आपराधिक अभित्रास करता है।

आईपीसी की धारा 506 के अनुसार, धमकाना

जो कोई भी आपराधिक धमकी का अपराध करता है, तो उसे किसी एक अवधि के लिए कारावास जिसे दो साल तक बढ़ाया जा सकता है या आर्थिक दंड या दोनों के साथ दंडित किया जा सकता है।
यदि धमकी मृत्यु या गंभीर चोट, आदि के लिए है – और यदि धमकी मौत या गंभीर चोट पहुंचाने, या आग से किसी संपत्ति का विनाश कारित करने के लिए, या मृत्युदंड या आजीवन कारावास से दंडनीय अपराध कारित करने के लिए, या सात वर्ष तक की अवधि के कारावास से दंडनीय अपराध कारित करने के लिए, या किसी महिला पर अपवित्रता का आरोप लगाने के लिए हो, तो अपराधी को किसी एक अवधि के लिए कारावास जिसे सात साल तक बढ़ाया जा सकता है, या आर्थिक दंड, या दोनों के साथ दंडित किया जा सकता है।

आईपीसी की धारा 504 के अनुसार, शांति भंग करने के इरादे से जानबूझकर अपमान करना

भारतीय दंड संहिता की धारा 504 के अनुसार, जो कोई भी किसी व्यक्ति को उकसाने के इरादे से जानबूझकर उसका अपमान करे, इरादतन या यह जानते हुए कि इस प्रकार की उकसाहट उस व्यक्ति को लोकशांति भंग करने, या अन्य अपराध का कारण हो सकती है को किसी एक अवधि के लिए कारावास की सजा जिसे दो वर्ष तक बढ़ाया जा सकता है या आर्थिक दंड या दोनों से दंडित किया जाएगा

आईपीसी की धारा 509 के अनुसार, शब्द, अंगविक्षेप या कार्य जो किसी स्त्री की लज्जा का अनादर करने के लिए आशयित है

जो कोई किसी स्त्री की लज्जा का अनादर करने के आशय से कोई शब्द कहेगा, कोई ध्वनि या अंग विक्षेप करेगा, या कोई वस्तु प्रदर्शित करेगा, इस आशय से कि उस स्त्री द्वारा ऐसा शब्द या ध्वनि सुनी जाए, या ऐसा अंगविक्षेप या वस्तु देखी जाए, अथवा उस स्त्री की एकान्तता का अतिक्रमण करेगा, तो उसे किसी एक अवधि के लिए साधारण कारावास की सजा जिसे तीन वर्ष तक बढ़ाया जा सकता है, या आर्थिक दंड, या दोनों से, दण्डित किया जाएगा।

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/661603/original/7336663image.jpg?1611410149

0
802
8
flawlessking wrote:

It’s such a broad daylight loot, should not be overlooked at any cost, RBI should sack such banks practicing these kind of nonsensical charges in unethical ways in the name of MAB…What if a person’s financial status has gone bad only after account opening, he should be definitely allowed to opt out without being charged..

Banks and NBFCs all do unethical practice. take example of home loan when you do inquiry they will say that they will give best rate (Ex.6.8%) but after you apply and latter comes you will find some other interest rate on it (ex.7.10%).
and if a person ask written think or customer copy, they will say ham pe bharosa nahi hai kya..
90% of time when a person go to bank for any changes related to account or request new card or address change, they will simply ask customer that… yaha sign kardo baki hum fill kardege…
all follows unethical practices..
so i always see what they fills in form and take pic of it in mobile…

48
1914
9
Expand
Par_ wrote:

Banks and NBFCs all do unethical practice. take example of home loan when you do inquiry they will say that they will give best rate (Ex.6.8%) but after you apply and latter comes you will find some other interest rate on it (ex.7.10%).
and if a person ask written think or customer copy, they will say ham pe bharosa nahi hai kya..
90% of time when a person go to bank for any changes related to account or request new card or address change, they will simply ask customer that… yaha sign kardo baki hum fill kardege…
all follows unethical practices..
so i always see what they fills in form and take pic of it in mobile…

Yes true bro VU….Between good idea, one should take pic of form before submission..

Missing