Can Money Get Transfer if we Mention Wrong Account Holder Name ?

136°
Missing
Deal Cadet
125
183
0

Will the Money get transfer if we mention wrong account holder name but the correct account number and ifsc code ?
Please let me know, I have to transfer the Money from EMT Wallet to my account,
Flight ticket refund got inform of EMT Wallet which is also showing option of transfer the Money to bank account, but the problem is, it is Showing auto default Name of my Brother at the place of Account holder Name while selecting option of transfer Money to Bank.
First time want to Enter Wrong Account holder name for Transferring Amount.

Without knowing brother i want tat money stuck_out_tongue stuck_out_tongue as he thought he won’t get refund of Non-refundable flight, so i contacted with EMT support service and get it done grinning

26 Comments  |  
19 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet
95
238
3

Name dosent matter for any kind of payment..ac no n IFSC only important..u can go ahead. But u verify d account no n proceed.

Missing
Deal Subedar
147
2007
19

IMPS :- Name Doesn’t matter

NEFT :- Name Does matters (But depends on Banking official they don’t mind typo mistake)

Missing
Deal Cadet
105
725
44

Once yes bank sent back my NEFT payment for i vs ee typo

But that was 3 years ago

Missing
Deal Cadet
0
529
10
bargainhunter wrote:

Once yes bank sent back my NEFT payment for i vs ee typo

But that was 3 years ago

In branch or via NB?

Missing
Critic
0
3271
41

Technically name is not required but in reality some banks may match name to acc holder name for their own verification. Also in case you sent money by mistake(say name correct but acc no. 1 digit wrong) to another acc then this can be a good evidence to get the wrong transfer reversed as per someone thread here.

Missing
Deal Cadet
125
183
0
Shahskm wrote:

IMPS :- Name Doesn’t matter

NEFT :- Name Does matters (But depends on Banking official they don’t mind typo mistake)

I don’t know which type of transfer is this, Its From App wallet to Bank account.

Missing
Deal Cadet
125
183
0
VimAl_Raj wrote:

Name dosent matter for any kind of payment..ac no n IFSC only important..u can go ahead. But u verify d account no n proceed.

Thanks Vimal bhai, i will try now.

Missing
Deal Cadet
125
183
0
guest_999 wrote:

Technically name is not required but in reality some banks may match name to acc holder name for their own verification. Also in case you sent money by mistake(say name correct but acc no. 1 digit wrong) to another acc then this can be a good evidence to get the wrong transfer reversed as per someone thread here.

Ok Bro, I will check twice Account number and IFSC Code before proceeding ahead.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
126
3586
6
Expand
M_Akther_A wrote:

I don’t know which type of transfer is this, Its From App wallet to Bank account.

Usually, if the payment is failed they reverse it using the same mode of payment eg. UPI reversal…. For cases like such as yours, Electronic transfers are made(NEFT)

Missing
Tech Guru
193
2350
109

Only account number and ifsc should be correct name can be anything

Missing
Deal Cadet
41
288
7

Name does not matter for Neft but it does for RTGS txns that is above 2lacs.

Missing
suspended
51
642
3

“Without knowing brother i want tat money”

This guy is a fraud! Trying to loot his brother’s money! rage imp

Missing
Deal Captain
20
8792
53

..

Missing
Deal Cadet
174
885
27

Try a small transfer to another account (your own/brother’s/etc.) with a wrong name and check.

Missing
Deal Cadet
125
183
0
desidime__admin wrote:

“Without knowing brother i want tat money”

This guy is a fraud! Trying to loot his brother’s money! rage imp

Why so Fraud?? I m not strolling any others money!!!
I tried my best to get refund and after follow up of 5 months now i got the refund, so i want to use that money for personal use, As my Bro already left that ticket as usual only and booked ticket from other source.

Missing
Deal Subedar
29
2530
15

Actually name doesnt matter, but yes some bank does match names.
Never had any issue with sbi even when there was wrong name, but dbs sends email whenever there is little mismatch for incoming transfer.
Try with small amount first.

Missing
Critic
376
4100
51
Expand
M_Akther_A wrote:

Why so Fraud?? I m not strolling any others money!!!
I tried my best to get refund and after follow up of 5 months now i got the refund, so i want to use that money for personal use, As my Bro already left that ticket as usual only and booked ticket from other source.

Any one who is willing to cheat his own brother will cheat others without even thinking twice

Missing
Deal Cadet
125
183
0
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

Any one who is willing to cheat his own brother will cheat others without even thinking twice

If i let this know to my bro then i’m 100% sure that i will not get single rupee also from that worried

Missing
Critic
61
2612
47

Name must be right. I mean that’s the moral responsibility. I don’t know what happens if you intentionally input a wrong name. But the moment you enter the account number and IFSC it should go to the rightful account holder as the combination is unique and not common.

By the way, yes, it’s kind of a cheating that you are going to take your brother’s money without him knowing anything. But as it’s within your family we cannot say much. We all have picked money from our parents’ wallets many times in our childhood, so I’m not judging you but I hope this particular scenario doesn’t define your overall character.

Let us know what happened whether the money credited to your account despite wrong name.

Missing
Deal Cadet
59
618
7

Banks don’t check name for IMPS or NEFT transfer. As long as account number and IFSC is correct and matching, funds will be transferred.
Note: I have personally itnessed this multiple times with ICICI and SBI bank.

Missing
Deal Subedar
29
2530
15
Expand
M_Akther_A wrote:

Why so Fraud?? I m not strolling any others money!!!
I tried my best to get refund and after follow up of 5 months now i got the refund, so i want to use that money for personal use, As my Bro already left that ticket as usual only and booked ticket from other source.

If the refund is due to ur efforts, u can just tell him, i am following with them and if refund comes i will take money.
Money matters within family shouldn’t be hidden from each other. If he finds this in future, u will loose his trust and he will also have a reason to deny any help to u.

Missing
Deal Cadet
422
666
7
Expand
M_Akther_A wrote:

If i let this know to my bro then i’m 100% sure that i will not get single rupee also from that worried

Trust is much valuable and difficult to build. Do not lose it for such petty amounts. No matter how bad the issues are between you both, just ask him before taking the money. Being truthful to yourself will have good benefits in the long run. Final decision is upto you.

Missing
Deal Cadet
125
183
0

Thought of Keepings Money with me because i’m in debt of Credit Card bill and so thought this money will help me out…

In 2nd place Money which was got stuck in EaseMyTrip was my Brother’s Hard Earned Money i just done few months follow up and got the refund…

My Character not allowing me to keep tat money with me… hence will do transfer that Money to Brother’s account who always supported me…

Every Month he will transfer 10k to my account for my personal expenses and in Returns i thought of cheating to him… how shameless i became… Sorry Guys for misused of your knowledge.

Thanks all for understanding me the real values of family…

Missing
Deal Subedar
36
1338
6
M_Akther_A wrote:

Thought of Keepings Money with me because i’m in debt of Credit Card bill and so thought this money will help me out…

In 2nd place Money which was got stuck in EaseMyTrip was my Brother’s Hard Earned Money i just done few months follow up and got the refund…

My Character not allowing me to keep tat money with me… hence will do transfer that Money to Brother’s account who always supported me…

Every Month he will transfer 10k to my account for my personal expenses and in Returns i thought of cheating to him… how shameless i became… Sorry Guys for misused of your knowledge.

Thanks all for understanding me the real values of family…

now okay dont tell this thing to your bro.. only return him the money and forget this process staay happy guud luck smile jai shree ram

Missing
Deal Subedar
115
1702
9

Now Syndicate Bank is Canara bank
Ifsc code has changed .I didn’t notice that

What will happen to funds that transferred to old ifsc number

Will I receive funds ?

Missing
Deal Subedar
73
1837
7
Gothillabro wrote:

Now Syndicate Bank is Canara bank
Ifsc code has changed .I didn’t notice that

What will happen to funds that transferred to old ifsc number

Will I receive funds ?

I guess bank will take care of that part as far as details r okay.. 🙂

Missing