Hot Deal Canara Bank Platinum Debit Card Hidden Charge

329°
706
5851
60

I was just looking for various rupay platinum card charges from various banks when I found this which is quite surprising especially coming from a public sector bank.
https://www.canarabank.com/media/2586/faq-canar...

In the case of Canara Bank Debit Card – Platinum & Business debit card, in addition to annual fee, there is Card Inactivity Fee. Where the Card is not used for a minimum of Rs. 50,000 for purchase in a period of 12 months, the Card Inactivity Fee is Rs. 300 + service tax. Card inactivity fee is waived for Business Debit card til 31.03.2018.

@abhishek012

17 Comments  |  
8 Dimers
  • Sort By
203
2469
135

When annual fee is charged, what is the logic of inactivity fee? This is pathetic.

80
3178
72

After reading this instantly went to check and found mine is canara rupay card…

706
5851
60
hackerboys wrote:

After reading this instantly went to check and found mine is canara rupay card…

There is also a Rupay Platinum card so make sure it is not that.

80
3178
72
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

There is also a Rupay Platinum card so make sure it is not that.

Na. Its only rupay .. Platinum nhi h

50
80
1

I have Canara Bank Rupay Platinum Debit Card and had checked this with customer care, they informed me that this fee wont be charged.

706
5851
60
amitinsan wrote:

I have Canara Bank Rupay Platinum Debit Card and had checked this with customer care, they informed me that this fee wont be charged.

Never trust what customer care tells you over phone, get it in writing in an email from their official email address & only then trust it. Try it yourself & see whether they will give this statement to you in writing.

631
13680
170
amitinsan wrote:

I have Canara Bank Rupay Platinum Debit Card and had checked this with customer care, they informed me that this fee wont be charged.

I think only for those who misuse airport lounge access. some customers apply for zero balance account Visa/master/RuPay Platinum Debit Card and used only for airport lounge access and never transaction on any other websites/POS.

50
341
2

Very bad policy. Thanks for sharing. minimum spend policy for debit cards is very bad.

122
1351
9
amitinsan wrote:

I have Canara Bank Rupay Platinum Debit Card and had checked this with customer care, they informed me that this fee wont be charged.

can you pls confirm the charges for this card?

50
80
1

The annual charges for this card are 100+ tax (Around 118 RS).

706
5851
60
amitinsan wrote:

The annual charges for this card are 100+ tax (Around 118 RS).

Really? I went to canara bank branch & the officer there told me it is 200+gst.
@chai_lover

706
5851
60

https://www.canarabank.com/User_page.aspx?othli...

8. Inactivity fee :
The Bank levies a service charge of Rs.300 where the annual turnover on Platinum debit Cards for purchases does not reach the minimum turnover of Rs.50,000. However, 20% variation may be considered for giving relaxation for levying service
charges. The service charge will be assessed on the last day of the calendar year.

122
1351
9
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Really? I went to canara bank branch & the officer there told me it is 200+gst.
@chai_lover

yeah, there is confusion. I checked with cc and they said it’s 200+GST, but website says 100+GST.
Considering, charges for normal card are 120+GST, likely for platinum it’ll be 200+GST.

122
1351
9
guest_999 wrote:

https://www.canarabank.com/User_page.aspx?othli...

8. Inactivity fee :
The Bank levies a service charge of Rs.300 where the annual turnover on Platinum debit Cards for purchases does not reach the minimum turnover of Rs.50,000. However, 20% variation may be considered for giving relaxation for levying service
charges. The service charge will be assessed on the last day of the calendar year.

thanks for pointing it. But someone in this thread said that it’s not being charged.

706
5851
60
Expand
chai_lover wrote:

thanks for pointing it. But someone in this thread said that it’s not being charged.

Possible but I just want to point out the fact that if they do charge then you have no basis for any complaint. Why take unnecessary risk for extra 50 when other psu banks are offering rupay platinum debit card for 150+gst?

122
1351
9
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Possible but I just want to point out the fact that if they do charge then you have no basis for any complaint. Why take unnecessary risk for extra 50 when other psu banks are offering rupay platinum debit card for 150+gst?

agreed. kg.

Missing