Car Suggestion ( 5L_8L) Segment

100°
Deal Subedar
jazz09

Well its time to buy a car.. Have been planning for a while now…

Would have bought a second hand but now looking to buy new one.

Here are my list of car on radar :

1. Venue
2. Sonet
3. Breeza
4. Magnite
5. Swift

Any suggrstion or avoidance

Nexon is great but don’t like howz it designed..

12 Comments  |  
7 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

tata cars if you are concerned about safety as well & from above list you can avoid tin ka dabba types cars from maruti

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
binod_babu wrote:

tata cars if you are concerned about safety as well & from above list you can avoid tin ka dabba types cars from maruti

In the recent past, I had read quite a lot of posts related to tata & safety. In all the posts, the theme is common, how they are saved from accidents in tata cars. But the thing that change from post to post is the model of the car and the subjects, but brand(tata) remains the same.

Initially I’m convinced, later I started to doubt if its some marketing gimmick.

@jazz09
So once you finalize on a few models, be it any brand, do take the related opinions from the users with in your direct/indirect contacts

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
andromeda wrote:

In the recent past, I had read quite a lot of posts related to tata & safety. In all the posts, the theme is common, how they are saved from accidents in tata cars. But the thing that change from post to post is the model of the car and the subjects, but brand(tata) remains the same.

Initially I’m convinced, later I started to doubt if its some marketing gimmick.

@jazz09
So once you finalize on a few models, be it any brand, do take the related opinions from the users with in your direct/indirect contacts

might be/might not be..but same claim cant be made by Maruti anyways as there is huge difference in 0-1 star safety or 4/5 star smile . OP can also see the weight of Tata cars compared to tin cans.worth to check Mahindra car as well

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
binod_babu wrote:

might be/might not be..but same claim cant be made by Maruti anyways as there is huge difference in 0-1 star safety or 4/5 star smile . OP can also see the weight of Tata cars compared to tin cans.worth to check Mahindra car as well

I do agree with what you mentioned. And my only view is to take things one read with a pinch of salt. In my case it will all boil down to my preference/ and some real user’s( that I can see) feedback

edit: The fun part I don’t seem to get is, are the tata cars so easy to roll over? Because every post has this mentioned, that the car got rolled over and every occupant is protected.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
andromeda wrote:

I do agree with what you mentioned. And my only view is to take things one read with a pinch of salt. In my case it will all boil down to my preference/ and some real user’s( that I can see) feedback

edit: The fun part I don’t seem to get is, are the tata cars so easy to roll over? Because every post has this mentioned, that the car got rolled over and every occupant is protected.

might be people have survived to tell story,which is not possible in case of tin cans laughing laughing

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
binod_babu wrote:

might be people have survived to tell story,which is not possible in case of tin cans laughing laughing

Bro I completely get the tin can part, and I’m not recommending at all. All I’m trying to say is not to get carried away with so many experiences from survivors in media.

IMO Safety features are like health insurance. Only hope that we don’t get to use it.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Thanks you.. This would be my first car and my part of world only holds maruti as they are only authorised center in near by area..

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied

I will suggest that dont go for cheaper Maruti tin cans. One single accident and game over. Not just for the car.

Pro Blogger Pro Blogger
Moderator
Link Copied
jazz09 wrote:

Thanks you.. This would be my first car and my part of world only holds maruti as they are only authorised center in near by area..

Okay. Then go for Brezza if you have that extra wide bracket (on the higher side). Else settle down with Swift. wink #NoHassle

PS: Wud hv suggested you #Nexon if you had any Tata service centres nearby. That’s the hot selling one in 2020 and still continuing.. sunglasses

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Still searching lurking..

Xuv300 W6

TURBO
SUNROOF
AMT

Now I feel buying car is more like buying mobile phone starting at 10k and settling for around 20k..

Missing