Hot Deal

Career start at age: 34 (first job)

728°
Deal Subedar
kool

Hi everyone,

I will turn 34 this year. I have done my PGDM ( Marketing & Finance) in 2018-20 from a Pvt MBA College in Patna. In 2020-2021 couldn’t get a job because of lockdown, mental stress because of father expired in corona, Zero work experience, the 5-year educational gap in graduation (2013), etc. I was dependent on my dad’s money and I was a careless guy also in past. And there is no khandaani business. Left with some bank balance, and property like flats in Patna city, the plot is in a rural area of Bihar. In that plot making shops or buildings on the “ground floor” only costing me Rs.32 lakh minimum. So I have dropped the plan, as the recovery of Rs. 32 lakh from that shop/complex will take 15 years as it’s a rural area. 

So, I applied to a local IIT/Medical “GOAL” coaching institute as “Assistant Branch Manager” and they have selected me just for my personality and communication skill. But they are offering me only Rs.15,000 in hand. I asked them to raise the salary, but they said, Being a fresher, they cant give me more than that. 😓 6 Working days including sat-sun, timing 9 am-6 pm. The office is just 10min distance from my house. 

Other companies keep on rejecting me because of age, educational gap, lack of experience, etc. Also, Unemployment leads to the rejection of a good marriage proposal, everyone asks me what I do for my living. sad Btw my current side business is Airbnb which gives me Rs.18k-22k per month. In the current situation, I can not leave Patna as I have to look for my mother also. Else I would have been tried my luck in Delhi-NCR also. 

So Should I join it? 😐

Dimers, What future growth I can get doing this job for 1 year? Is there any scope of switching my job after 1 year to get a good salary? 

I am in dilemma whether to join it or not or wait for some other opportunity. My friends from Delhi-NCR say that a Rs.20k-24k job is available there. But the expense of a rented flat, transport, the ration is expensive. In Patna, I have my own house, but salary is going to.15k only. 

What should I do?


Expired
48 Comments  |  
28 Dimers
  • Sort By
Gujarat Titans Gujarat Titans
Link Copied

Don’t worry. Everyone has to start somewhere. Some early some late. Join there and see how it goes. Keep looking for opportunities while on work. If you don’t find it, then gather 1-2 years experience and then apply for a better opening if available. 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Take this job and upskill yourself, after you have 1-2yrs experience you’ll get better opportunities and you’ll have the leverage to negotiate salary.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

From what I remember, you have been posting similar questions for quite some time now.

As an advice, get into the job that you have on hand immediately so that you have a fixed income every month.

In parallel, explore what alternate / additional options you can take up to earn more money, including looking for a much better paying job.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

In a coaching institute your progress will be limited. Try to get a job with any corporate using your connections, friends connections, there will be growth, and you’ll get credit easily. If in Patna you are not getting any other job, take this job at the coaching institute and start looking for better opportunities, and jump ship as soon as you find a better, or better paying job.Coaching itself pays well, see if you can teach any subject at various other coaching institutes..

Moving to delhi/ncr will be better in the long run. More opportunities.

Cool Cool
Link Copied
santosh_blr wrote:

From what I remember, you have been posting similar questions for quite some time now.

As an advice, get into the job that you have on hand immediately so that you have a fixed income everyone.

In parallel, explore what alternate / additional options you can take up to earn more money, including looking for a much better paying job.

+1 for this
Try managing time, and keep learning and applying other places in parallel.
Also, close to house you can save some time

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Take the job. Learn and grow ..

you may get better pay in NCR or big cities but expenses will also be more..plus you have to Manage Airbnb and your family in Patna…

15K is decent start + your Airbnb income..is good to make a living for time being .

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

I can understand your dilemma very well.

Take the job that is confirmed even at 15k. Work for a year or two and move on. Its a tough market out there. 

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied

Last year you had posted you need a job desperately & now when you are getting a job you are asking whether you should join it or not? You yourself is the best person to answer it. Secondly, being a fresher you have to start from somewhere otherwise if you keep thinking about for so long you will never be able to join any job.

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied

why not try getting a remote job. Many companies are giving wfh. 

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
adrishya wrote:

why not try getting a remote job. Many companies are giving wfh. 

I tried in Amazon, they rejected my resume. expressionless

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

My employer asked me a signed blank cheque to submit for future security from me. In a hurry I gave them, but now I am regretting. What should I do now ?

Can I cancel it at bank branch as stolen, can it bounce later ?

Can Reported as stolen/loss cheque at bank leads to cheque bounce in future?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
kool wrote:

My employer asked me a signed blank cheque to submit for future security from me. In a hurry I gave them, but now I am regretting. What should I do now ?

Can I cancel it at bank branch as stolen, can it bounce later ?

Can Reported as stolen/loss cheque at bank leads to cheque bounce in future?

You can write to bank to cancel the cheques in that series.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

You are expecting too much from your employer. This current job itself is a god gift. Please do not do any thing against them until you get married.

Your age guys are are already uncles.

Marriage is one of the life turning point. It defines the goals for you.
You will not get good girls at this age. Most of the beauties would have been reserved Or married.
You will have to settle with some one from the left over stock.

Royal Challengers Bangalore Royal Challengers Bangalore
Link Copied
ramadesidime wrote:

You are expecting too much from your employer. This current job itself is a god gift. Please do not do any thing against them until you get married.

Your age guys are are already uncles.

Marriage is one of the life turning point. It defines the goals for you.
You will not get good girls at this age. Most of the beauties would have been reserved Or married.
You will have to settle with some one from the left over stock.

@saucap @goss8877 @pingpong 🤐🤐🤐

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
kool wrote:

My employer asked me a signed blank cheque to submit for future security from me. In a hurry I gave them, but now I am regretting. What should I do now ?

Can I cancel it at bank branch as stolen, can it bounce later ?

Can Reported as stolen/loss cheque at bank leads to cheque bounce in future?

yes cancel it..

most bank provide this facility online. Just put in the request.

do make sure that your read the offer letter before signing it over ..

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

Take this job and work for 1-2 yr This will atleast clear those negative thinking of gap and all.

15k+ Airbnb income + Taking care of mom + own home


If you go with delhi ncr job of 24k 

Lets calculate expense 

- Rent – Min 8k 

- Travel – 2k

- Electricity + water  – 2k 

You’ll be left with Max 12-14k

Also, You wouldn’t be able to take care of mom. 

Rest you can calculate other expenses of groceries , lpg etc.

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
ramadesidime wrote:

You are expecting too much from your employer. This current job itself is a god gift. Please do not do any thing against them until you get married.

Your age guys are are already uncles.

Marriage is one of the life turning point. It defines the goals for you.
You will not get good girls at this age. Most of the beauties would have been reserved Or married.
You will have to settle with some one from the left over stock.

Shaadi.com h na mil jayegi 
Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Expand
kool wrote:

I tried in Amazon, they rejected my resume. expressionless

There are many others.

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

@kool bhai I can only share my experience. My first job sales executive. Though I had to do more than my job title description. I was working over 10 hours, sometimes over 12 hours a day. Yet got no more than a daily wage labour earns per month. But the life lessons I learnt from that job was very important, priceless. 

Now I work in a niche  field. Nothing to do with Sales. But that first job experience help me shape my personality and world view. Indirectly Paved the way to my present


Take the job,Learn, Grow. Learn skills ( online course)  which have direct industry application and  demand. And keep seeking better opportunities.

Good luck

The PostMighty The PostMighty
Link Copied

Take this job, take the experience and continue to keep on looking for other opportunities. Keep on learning or acquiring new skill sets using youtube, internet.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Arey pravin tambe 34 pe chalu hua h …
Keep exploring ur interest of areas side by side and take small actions …
And read good books, meditate, read autobiography , surround urself with good people and acquire new skills….
Please don’t mention ur age in ur head agains and again it may restrict u to work flawless…..
All the best plus1 plus1 plus1
Party tada de Dena jab iccha ho

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Sudarshan61 wrote:

yes cancel it..

most bank provide this facility online. Just put in the request.

do make sure that your read the offer letter before signing it over ..

Even cancelled cheques can bounce as per google. My all friends are suggesting to take back blank cheque, as they can blackmail in future for leaving job, and any case can be file against me for cheque bounce

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
kool wrote:

Even cancelled cheques can bounce as per google. My all friends are suggesting to take back blank cheque, as they can blackmail in future for leaving job, and any case can be file against me for cheque bounce

cheque bounce does not mean anything. .

do you own them any money ?? If not such cheque bounce has no meaning and does not have any legal implications…

along with cheque bounce one need to prove that you own them money in court .

Blaze Blaze
Link Copied
kool wrote:

My employer asked me a signed blank cheque to submit for future security from me. In a hurry I gave them, but now I am regretting. What should I do now ?

Can I cancel it at bank branch as stolen, can it bounce later ?

Can Reported as stolen/loss cheque at bank leads to cheque bounce in future?

What is future security? Have they asked you to work for certain months/years?

Blaze Blaze
Link Copied
ramadesidime wrote:

You are expecting too much from your employer. This current job itself is a god gift. Please do not do any thing against them until you get married.

Your age guys are are already uncles.

Marriage is one of the life turning point. It defines the goals for you.
You will not get good girls at this age. Most of the beauties would have been reserved Or married.
You will have to settle with some one from the left over stock.

What is left over stock?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Hey everyone, I asked for current job profile then they said, its FRONT OFFICE EXECUTIVE, instead of Ass Branch Manager, it turns me down. So I asked for my cheque, and they returned all documents, and said we took cheque for security reason like Bond paper, so I can not leave in 2-3 month. So I left the place. It was so fishy. Now I am preparing for RELEVEL EXAM SERIES


https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/758470/medium/IMG_20220410_173049.jpg?1649592092

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/758471/medium/Screenshot_2022-04-10-17-31-02-935_com.brave.browser.jpg?1649592121
Relevel.com





Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Total_Fun wrote:

@kool bhai I can only share my experience. My first job sales executive. Though I had to do more than my job title description. I was working over 10 hours, sometimes over 12 hours a day. Yet got no more than a daily wage labour earns per month. But the life lessons I learnt from that job was very important, priceless. 

Now I work in a niche  field. Nothing to do with Sales. But that first job experience help me shape my personality and world view. Indirectly Paved the way to my present


Take the job,Learn, Grow. Learn skills ( online course)  which have direct industry application and  demand. And keep seeking better opportunities.

Good luck

Bro, I rejected their offer. Now working on digital marketing skills from online.

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied
Expand
kool wrote:

Bro, I rejected their offer. Now working on digital marketing skills from online.

If you believe it  is something you can be  good at, and  has a better career prospects then good move.

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply