Hot Deal Cashback on amazon pay icici card

1059°
Missing
suspended
157
2592
24

Do we get 5 percent cashback on paying via no cost emi through this card on amazon?

68 Comments  |  
18 Dimers
Missing
Pro Entertainer
963
35730
471
caks2006407 wrote:

No

+1

ICICI doesn’t give any rewards for EMI transactions

Missing
Deal Subedar
112
1349
54
Expand
A2Zdeals wrote:

+1

ICICI doesn’t give any rewards for EMI transactions

Why is it so !!!! Not acceptable. This card gives 5% or 3% cashback on Amazon purchases. Even no cost EMI is also purchase. So they have to give….. Right !?

Another doubt, I am gonna buy from another Amazon account (other than applied through) still will I get 3% cb ?!
@adrishya

Missing
suspended
157
2592
24
Expand
vickyVicky wrote:

Why is it so !!!! Not acceptable. This card gives 5% or 3% cashback on Amazon purchases. Even no cost EMI is also purchase. So they have to give….. Right !?

Another doubt, I am gonna buy from another Amazon account (other than applied through) still will I get 3% cb ?!
@adrishya

Dont know bro. I just got the card 2 weeks back

Missing
Deal Subedar
112
1349
54
Expand
adrishya wrote:

Dont know bro. I just got the card 2 weeks back

Yes it says so-

Amazon Prime cardholders earn 5% back on Amazon.in purchases except for payment towards e-books, gift cards (both physical and digital), load and reload of Amazon Pay balance: Money, bill payments, mobile and DTH recharges, which will earn 2% back. No earnings for gold and EMI purchases on Amazon.

I guess not even 1% cb on all other spends will be eligible for this.

Missing
suspended
157
2592
24
Expand
vickyVicky wrote:

Yes it says so-

Amazon Prime cardholders earn 5% back on Amazon.in purchases except for payment towards e-books, gift cards (both physical and digital), load and reload of Amazon Pay balance: Money, bill payments, mobile and DTH recharges, which will earn 2% back. No earnings for gold and EMI purchases on Amazon.

I guess not even 1% cb on all other spends will be eligible for this.

Yeah sweat

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
194
5050
63
Expand
vickyVicky wrote:

Why is it so !!!! Not acceptable. This card gives 5% or 3% cashback on Amazon purchases. Even no cost EMI is also purchase. So they have to give….. Right !?

Another doubt, I am gonna buy from another Amazon account (other than applied through) still will I get 3% cb ?!
@adrishya

No cost EMI itself is an offer where they are discounting interest so its logical not to give reward points. Many cards like citibank do it whenever they give discount offers.

The cash back of 3% will be credited back to original Amazon.in account from where card was applied and received. If this original account is prime then 5% else 3%.

Missing
Deal Subedar
112
1349
54
Expand
caks2006407 wrote:

No cost EMI itself is an offer where they are discounting interest so its logical not to give reward points. Many cards like citibank do it whenever they give discount offers.

The cash back of 3% will be credited back to original Amazon.in account from where card was applied and received. If this original account is prime then 5% else 3%.

Credited back to original account is fine.

But my doubt is purchasing on other Amazon account will be eligible for at least 3% ?

Missing
Deal Subedar
112
1349
54

Using Amazon ICICI card alone, gives 5% or 3% cb.
Prime : 5%
Non prime : 3%

By gift vouchers from Amazon with this ICICI card, you will get 2% back.
Use this for purchase on Amazon prime account which has rewards for using Amazon pay balance on orders, which will give another 2% back.
So net is 4% cb.
Prime : 4%
Non prime : 2%

At MobiKwik, gift voucher is at 5% using sc, and using on prime rewards account gives extra 2%.
So net is 7% cb.
Prime : 7%
Non prime : 5%
But MobiKwik per month only 5 gift vouchers can be bought that too per day only once.
So here after buy on first 5 days of every month….

@caks2006407 @adrishya @A2Zdeals

Missing
suspended
157
2592
24
vickyVicky wrote:

Using Amazon ICICI card alone, gives 5% or 3% cb.
Prime : 5%
Non prime : 3%

By gift vouchers from Amazon with this ICICI card, you will get 2% back.
Use this for purchase on Amazon prime account which has rewards for using Amazon pay balance on orders, which will give another 2% back.
So net is 4% cb.
Prime : 4%
Non prime : 2%

At MobiKwik, gift voucher is at 5% using sc, and using on prime rewards account gives extra 2%.
So net is 7% cb.
Prime : 7%
Non prime : 5%
But MobiKwik per month only 5 gift vouchers can be bought that too per day only once.
So here after buy on first 5 days of every month….

@caks2006407 @adrishya @A2Zdeals

Yea… But i think supercash usage is capped at 100 per month no?

Missing
Deal Subedar
112
1349
54
Expand
adrishya wrote:

Yea… But i think supercash usage is capped at 100 per month no?

For full KYC nothing like that.
But buying Amazon gift voucher has restrictions like only once a day, and only 5 times a month can be bought. With 5% off cap of 100 per transaction.

Missing
suspended
157
2592
24
Expand
vickyVicky wrote:

For full KYC nothing like that.
But buying Amazon gift voucher has restrictions like only once a day, and only 5 times a month can be bought. With 5% off cap of 100 per transaction.

So you can buy around 5k worth gv every month for effectively 4.5k and then get 100 cb on amazon pay so 4400 for 5k worth shopping

Missing
Deal Subedar
112
1349
54
Expand
adrishya wrote:

So you can buy around 5k worth gv every month for effectively 4.5k and then get 100 cb on amazon pay so 4400 for 5k worth shopping

No it is 5% which is 250 on 5000. Another 2% on AmazonPay 100.
Total 4650 for 5k shopping.
Net 7%

But this a huge work needed.
SBI simply click credit card simply giving 5% cashback (in terms of rewards, on all products except gift cards, gold coins, recharge, loads) on Amazon, all time. This in addition to any bank offers on Amazon.
More over if you shop via SBI’s yono app, another 5% cashback (this not applicable on mobiles, gift cards, gold coins, recharges, loads).
Net 5% or 10% or 20% (if 10% SBI Bank discount there on Amazon)

Missing
suspended
157
2592
24
Expand
vickyVicky wrote:

No it is 5% which is 250 on 5000. Another 2% on AmazonPay 100.
Total 4650 for 5k shopping.
Net 7%

But this a huge work needed.
SBI simply click credit card simply giving 5% cashback (in terms of rewards, on all products except gift cards, gold coins, recharge, loads) on Amazon, all time. This in addition to any bank offers on Amazon.
More over if you shop via SBI’s yono app, another 5% cashback (this not applicable on mobiles, gift cards, gold coins, recharges, loads).
Net 5% or 10% or 20% (if 10% SBI Bank discount there on Amazon)

Wow!!

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
194
5050
63
Expand
vickyVicky wrote:

But my doubt is purchasing on other Amazon account will be eligible for at least 3% ?

Yes, all that matters is the original account only.
card used on any Amazon account – 5% CB if original a/c is prime
card used on any Amazon account – 3% CB if original a/c is prime
For purchases like giftcards etc 2% is same for prime/no-prime

Missing
Deal Subedar
112
1349
54
Expand
vickyVicky wrote:

No it is 5% which is 250 on 5000. Another 2% on AmazonPay 100.
Total 4650 for 5k shopping.
Net 7%

But this a huge work needed.
SBI simply click credit card simply giving 5% cashback (in terms of rewards, on all products except gift cards, gold coins, recharge, loads) on Amazon, all time. This in addition to any bank offers on Amazon.
More over if you shop via SBI’s yono app, another 5% cashback (this not applicable on mobiles, gift cards, gold coins, recharges, loads).
Net 5% or 10% or 20% (if 10% SBI Bank discount there on Amazon)

Sorry SBI simply click is not 5% on Amazon. It’s 2.5% on Amazon.
Net 2.5% or 2.5%+5% (on yono) or with bank offer.

Best is
Amazon pay ICICI card only.
Net 3% or 5%
Or
gift cards (bought from Amazon using AmazonPay ICICI or in MobiKwik) + prime rewards on AmazonPay
Net 3% or 5% + 2%

https://ddime.i...ib
page 3
SBI simply click card: 4 RPS = 1rupee
On Amazon – 10% rewards
For 20,000 purchase * 10/100 (0.1) = 2000 points * 0.25 = 500 rupees.
On online – 5% rewards
For 20,000 purchase * 5/100 (0.05) = 1000 points * 0.25 = 250 rupees.
On offline like hospitals, big bazar, Kalyan jewellers – 1% rewards
For 20,000 purchase * 1/100 (0.01) = 200 points * 0.25 = 50 rupees.
(Instead load into Paytm ‘online’ or buy gift vouchers ‘online’, if the shop across Paytm/vouchers, little tougher)

will Paytm load considers as online transaction ? – yes.
Will Amazon gift card or paybalance counts for rewards on Amazon ? – no

SBI ola card:
On Amazon – 1% cb
On online – 1% cb
@adrishya

Missing
suspended
157
2592
24
Expand
vickyVicky wrote:

Sorry SBI simply click is not 5% on Amazon. It’s 2.5% on Amazon.
Net 2.5% or 2.5%+5% (on yono) or with bank offer.

Best is
Amazon pay ICICI card only.
Net 3% or 5%
Or
gift cards (bought from Amazon using AmazonPay ICICI or in MobiKwik) + prime rewards on AmazonPay
Net 3% or 5% + 2%

https://ddime.i...ib
page 3
SBI simply click card: 4 RPS = 1rupee
On Amazon – 10% rewards
For 20,000 purchase * 10/100 (0.1) = 2000 points * 0.25 = 500 rupees.
On online – 5% rewards
For 20,000 purchase * 5/100 (0.05) = 1000 points * 0.25 = 250 rupees.
On offline like hospitals, big bazar, Kalyan jewellers – 1% rewards
For 20,000 purchase * 1/100 (0.01) = 200 points * 0.25 = 50 rupees.
(Instead load into Paytm ‘online’ or buy gift vouchers ‘online’, if the shop across Paytm/vouchers, little tougher)

will Paytm load considers as online transaction ? – yes.
Will Amazon gift card or paybalance counts for rewards on Amazon ? – no

SBI ola card:
On Amazon – 1% cb
On online – 1% cb
@adrishya

Thanks for updating @vickyVicky (Can’t give karma again so soon sad )

I thought I had made a mistake by taking this card after reading sbi simplyclick. Also the thing with reward points is you don’t know when they change the T&Cs

Missing
suspended
157
2592
24
vickyVicky wrote:

Using Amazon ICICI card alone, gives 5% or 3% cb.
Prime : 5%
Non prime : 3%

By gift vouchers from Amazon with this ICICI card, you will get 2% back.
Use this for purchase on Amazon prime account which has rewards for using Amazon pay balance on orders, which will give another 2% back.
So net is 4% cb.
Prime : 4%
Non prime : 2%

At MobiKwik, gift voucher is at 5% using sc, and using on prime rewards account gives extra 2%.
So net is 7% cb.
Prime : 7%
Non prime : 5%
But MobiKwik per month only 5 gift vouchers can be bought that too per day only once.
So here after buy on first 5 days of every month….

@caks2006407 @adrishya @A2Zdeals

Will we get 1 more percent cb if we buy from mobikwik using apay card ? laughing

Missing
Analyst
366
2524
51
Expand
adrishya wrote:

Will we get 1 more percent cb if we buy from mobikwik using apay card ? laughing

Yup. Why not. 1% on actual spends outgo-anywhere incl mobikwik (after adjusting for SC=discount amt=not getting charged on card).

Maths sounds interesting (if it is confirmed as accurate that is:) After adjusting for the operational hardwork and effort / risks of earning SC, yes it does mean benefit of Est. 0.95% icici card use on MK + 5% sc discount on MK + 2% prime benefit on amazon pay usage = 7.95%!!

Now to make it even more interesting, some people could claim that would use scb ultimate / hdfc diners or infinia type card (3% vs 1% for icici amazon variant) MK followed by rest of the process!! flushed laughing

Should one take it further by saying bill payment would be through cred or purchase on amazon would be through an affiliate. Somewhere the lucky figure of 10% may get hit. That is the hope and satisfaction for somebody who could manage to take so much effort and planning!!

And then, God bless the spiritual souls who manage to rise even above all this-and do not care about pretty much anything. For everybody else, credit cards are as interesting as the opposite se*. And this sustains at any age!! laughing laughing

Missing
Analyst
366
2524
51

This is true and makes sense.

For regular purchase, they give points. Else how to hold against competition:)

For EMI, they give flexibility of EMI to customer, bear the EMI interest cost (by providing gst adjusted ‘no cost’ EMi to customer), so at least (they believe) they have the right to avoid giving points so that things or business model remains net net sustainable for them over long-term, esp. bcoz this feature is an ongoing feature of icici amazon card (vs mostly an offer specific and temporary feature of no cost emi in most other cards)!!

Missing
suspended
157
2592
24
Expand
rpal wrote:

Yup. Why not. 1% on actual spends outgo-anywhere incl mobikwik (after adjusting for SC=discount amt=not getting charged on card).

Maths sounds interesting (if it is confirmed as accurate that is:) After adjusting for the operational hardwork and effort / risks of earning SC, yes it does mean benefit of Est. 0.95% icici card use on MK + 5% sc discount on MK + 2% prime benefit on amazon pay usage = 7.95%!!

Now to make it even more interesting, some people could claim that would use scb ultimate / hdfc diners or infinia type card (3% vs 1% for icici amazon variant) MK followed by rest of the process!! flushed laughing

Should one take it further by saying bill payment would be through cred or purchase on amazon would be through an affiliate. Somewhere the lucky figure of 10% may get hit. That is the hope and satisfaction for somebody who could manage to take so much effort and planning!!

And then, God bless the spiritual souls who manage to rise even above all this-and do not care about pretty much anything. For everybody else, credit cards are as interesting as the opposite se*. And this sustains at any age!! laughing laughing

Kg for the analysis and the epic conclusion joy

Missing
Deal Subedar
5
2315
31

Let’s compare SBI SimplyCLICK with ICICI AmazonPay for buying 2k×5 AGCs on MobiKwik. Assuming account holder has 500 SC in his account. So, he will end up paying Rs. 9500 from his pocket.

Sbi SimplyCLICK will give 475 RPs which is equivalent to Rs. 118.75 worth Amazon GC.

ICICI AmazonPay credit card will give flat 1%i.e. Rs. 95 cashback as AmazonPay balance.

Is the math correct here?

Missing
Deal Subedar
13
1677
17
sardasa wrote:

Let’s compare SBI SimplyCLICK with ICICI AmazonPay for buying 2k×5 AGCs on MobiKwik. Assuming account holder has 500 SC in his account. So, he will end up paying Rs. 9500 from his pocket.

Sbi SimplyCLICK will give 475 RPs which is equivalent to Rs. 118.75 worth Amazon GC.

ICICI AmazonPay credit card will give flat 1%i.e. Rs. 195 cashback as AmazonPay balance.

Is the math correct here?

It’s 95 not 195.

Missing
Deal Subedar
5
2315
31
Expand
JaiKrish1031 wrote:

It’s 95 not 195.

Thanks corrected it.
So, still SBI SimplyCLICK is better.
Good I was using the correct card all this while.

Missing
Deal Subedar
13
1677
17
Expand
sardasa wrote:

Thanks corrected it.
So, still SBI SimplyCLICK is better.
Good I was using the correct card all this while.

Why use sbi simplyclick directly in a mobikwik.  Use via tmw and get rewards in tmw as well.

Now pay that credit card bill with cred with sbi debit card and calculate those rewards conversation as well joy joy

Missing
Deal Subedar
5
2315
31
Expand
JaiKrish1031 wrote:

Why use sbi simplyclick directly in a mobikwik.  Use via tmw and get rewards in tmw as well.

Now pay that credit card bill with cred with sbi debit card and calculate those rewards conversation as well joy joy

I am already doing the 1st part. Still need to do the 2nd part..
SBI Bank would be open on this Saturday? Do they hand over debit card instantly? What’s the reward % on their debit card? Is it worth taking hassle of opening new SBA?

Can I open SBI account online?

Missing
Deal Subedar
13
1677
17
Expand
sardasa wrote:

I am already doing the 1st part. Still need to do the 2nd part..
SBI Bank would be open on this Saturday? Do they hand over debit card instantly? What’s the reward % on their debit card? Is it worth taking hassle of opening new SBA?

Can I open SBI account online?

SBI gives 3x points on cred transactions if you do 3 or more transactions in a month.
I am having visa classic debit card.
Other versions like platinum give more points it seems.

Not sure about bank working days. I never visited bank for very long time. blush

Edit: It’s 2x for classic and 3x for platinum.

Missing
Deal Subedar
5
2315
31
Expand
JaiKrish1031 wrote:

SBI gives 3x points on cred transactions if you do 3 or more transactions in a month.
I am having visa classic debit card.
Other versions like platinum give more points it seems.

Not sure about bank working days. I never visited bank for very long time. blush

What’s the worth of these 3x reward points?

Missing