Central Bank of India to shut 600 branches

192°
Cool
desiman
Central Bank of India to shut 600 branches

The Central Bank of India — a state-owned commercial bank — plans to shut 13% of its branches to improve its financial health, which has been under pressure for several years, according to sources.

https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/business/cent...

Expiring In 18 days
19 Comments  |  
6 Dimers
  • Sort By
Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied

Another masterstroke they should close all remaining branches in phased manner, ek jhatke mein branch rent, employees and other expenses se chhutkaaraa

Cool Cool
Link Copied
drupal wrote:

Another masterstroke they should close all remaining branches in phased manner, ek jhatke mein branch rent, employees and other expenses se chhutkaaraa

Central Bank Of India is under consideration for privatisation

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
desiman wrote:

Central Bank Of India is under consideration for privatisation

A good candidate, friend knew someone who worked there & the entire working culture of branch/region was rotten. No wonder they are still running in losses after so many years.

Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

A good candidate, friend knew someone who worked there & the entire working culture of branch/region was rotten. No wonder they are still running in losses after so many years.

They work as if they are doing ehsaan on customers they dont know that they are fed blood of common man in form of gst vat double priced gas triple priced petrol ehsan faramosh govt/psu employees

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
drupal wrote:

They work as if they are doing ehsaan on customers they dont know that they are fed blood of common man in form of gst vat double priced gas triple priced petrol ehsan faramosh govt/psu employees

These government bank employees cheat gullible consumers and sell them insurance plans.Other day my daughter went to sbi to open sb account as her college told her to open sbi account only to get stipend. Sbi officer told her to take group accident insurance plan and it is compulsory to open sb account in sbi. All most all government employees are corrupt and cheaters. 

Link Copied
Expand
Bk100 wrote:

These government bank employees cheat gullible consumers and sell them insurance plans.Other day my daughter went to sbi to open sb account as her college told her to open sbi account only to get stipend. Sbi officer told her to take group accident insurance plan and it is compulsory to open sb account in sbi. All most all government employees are corrupt and cheaters. 

few days ago one of my friend visited sbi to open account they told him that you need to deposit 4000 rupees then only account will be opened and 1000 rupees will be deducted for insurance, insurance is mandatory , many PSU banks like BOB union bank are activating annual insurance plans without customer’s consent once I went union bank branch a poor lady was pleading staff that my money is debited even I did not withdrawn they told her mandatory insurance is active in your account she requested them to close the insurance they denied and said it can be deactivated only after closing the account gareebo ki haay le rahe hain ye banks wale and in ke looter bosses

Cool Cool
Link Copied

Is there any condition in any PSU OR PVT bank that new account will be opened only if one is filing annual IT returns

Link Copied
desiman wrote:

Is there any condition in any PSU OR PVT bank that new account will be opened only if one is filing annual IT returns

no.there is no need. 

Link Copied
Expand
drupal wrote:

few days ago one of my friend visited sbi to open account they told him that you need to deposit 4000 rupees then only account will be opened and 1000 rupees will be deducted for insurance, insurance is mandatory , many PSU banks like BOB union bank are activating annual insurance plans without customer’s consent once I went union bank branch a poor lady was pleading staff that my money is debited even I did not withdrawn they told her mandatory insurance is active in your account she requested them to close the insurance they denied and said it can be deactivated only after closing the account gareebo ki haay le rahe hain ye banks wale and in ke looter bosses

they did same with my daughter last week. They deducted rs 500.that too for group accident insurance. She stay in other city. She did not knew it is not compulsory. Now next year we need to cancel this insurance. 

Link Copied
desiman wrote:

New Update

No Decision To Shut Any Branch In FY 2022-23: Central Bank Of India

https://www.businessworld.in/article/No-Decisio...

Central Bank of India says not yet decided on branch closures

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/bank...

Ye to jhoot bolne ka ek tarika hai, branches will be closed no matter what intentional confusing statements say

Link Copied
Expand
Bk100 wrote:

they did same with my daughter last week. They deducted rs 500.that too for group accident insurance. She stay in other city. She did not knew it is not compulsory. Now next year we need to cancel this insurance. 

If they activated insurance without her concent then complain to RBI seek refund and compensation else they will hurt more customers

Link Copied
Expand
drupal wrote:

If they activated insurance without her concent then complain to RBI seek refund and compensation else they will hurt more customers

This is going on since many years
Same story six yrs back with my sister
As she was getting schorship and it was near due date, had no option but to agree, the only thing i could do was to reduce annual premium from 200 tp 100.

Link Copied
Expand
drupal wrote:

officer told she can cancel this next year. Let’s see as amount is already deducted so don’t want escalate as of now as govt stipend will be coming in that account for 1 year. 

next year if they don’t give option to cancel insurance then will close that account and open new account in our city if sbi account needed. Otherwise tata bye bye to sbi account completely as I don’t like work culture of sbi at all. 

Link Copied
Expand
drupal wrote:

Ye to jhoot bolne ka ek tarika hai, branches will be closed no matter what intentional confusing statements say

band hone do. Most of psu banks are useless. Only keep india post and sbi in psu space. These two white elephant are sufficient to eat public money and harass indian public. 😜

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
Bk100 wrote:

ask her to open it online

Link Copied
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

ask her to open it online

online we tried last month. After vkyc also account not opened. So last date to submit sbi account details reached. With no option left I asked her to visit sbi and open account. 

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
Bk100 wrote:

online we tried last month. After vkyc also account not opened. So last date to submit sbi account details reached. With no option left I asked her to visit sbi and open account. 

acha. Bhai, then try another branch

Link Copied
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

acha. Bhai, then try another branch

Account is already opened wake up 💤 smile

replyuser
Click here to reply