Certificate for Bypassing metal detector for Air Travel

Deal Subedar
Hello Dimers,

My Mother underwent a surgery for broken bones in her right arm and had to get a metal rod inserted for support.

she is doing well now and would be travelling via flight soon.

i wish to understand , if there is any self declaration / govt / private certificate that needs to be carried for bypassing metal detectors at airports.

thanks in advance.
3 Dimers
  • Sort By
Generous Generous
Link Copied

Nah, just tell the security people. They will still have to "wand" you for security , but it's not a huge deal.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Those having pacemaker are given special certificate. Those with metal rods can just tell the security that they have a rod inserted at specific part of the body, that should be ok. Still you can carry a copy of the discharge summary from the hospital.

Click here to reply