Charges for missing a payment of 1005 INR on my CC?

245°
Deal Subedar
abhishekkjain

I had a bill of 3 lakh which I paid in parts via CRED yesterday (which was also due date). I missed a payment of 1000 (transaction failed but I retried and counted it as 2 transactions sad). Today, I was just verifying my account and realised the blunder. I paid the remaining amount instantly.

The transactions were 1 lakh each and I have an interest rate of 28% pa. 1st transaction was done on 25th of Jan and last was done on 16th of Feb.

What all penalties I am looking at?

I am guessing the bank will charge me interest on full amount capping to due amount of 1005.

Expired
20 Comments  |  
10 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Nothing…. Generally there’s 3-4 days grace period after due date!

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Is this written anywhere in MITC? Similar thing happened with my brother for Axis bank (cash back adjustment) and he realised it after 10 days of next bill generation. He had to pay 350 for 1000 INR due on a total bill of 5000.

View 4 more replies
Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

Yes late payment fee will be waived sometimes if they consider our request, but interest on balance carried forward usually won’t be waived i think

Link Copied

Everything can be waived off you just have some skill to convince customer care.

View 1 more reply
Link Copied

@bohemian meaning I can be charged approx. 7000 (interest) + GST for not paying 1005? That’s sad. sad

Generous Generous
Link Copied

why?, you paid within grace period

View 2 more replies
Generous Generous
Link Copied

qa leke aaya jagat me

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

U r safe, no charges will be levied

if its SBI clear outstanding also now

Link Copied

Nothing to worry bro. If they charge you such charge or fees then call customer care and politely tell them that I want to close my credit card as there are many issues. Then they will ask reason tell them the reason is charges of card that they put . They will wave off all the charges. They didn't want to let go there heavy users like you. Nothing to panic .

Finance Mentor Finance Mentor
Link Copied

Some banks like HDFC have an internal grace period of about 3-4 days after due date. I can confirm that (twice faced this due to settlement issues/failed payment).

Now, not all banks are that ethical or have such internal extended grace period... which card did you miss for?

Link Copied

IDFC failing in cred, error message is there toast for a 1 second and then it redirects to failed page.

replyuser
Click here to reply