Hot Deal

Charges on calling 1860 numbers?

3009°
Deal Lieutenant
Tera_Jija
I have airtel number and they charged me ~14.6 rs for 6 minutes call. Isn't it a bit too much especially when we have so called unlimited call packs activated?
Top Comments
Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied

Ya bro,all operators charge 2.50 to 3 rs per minute for 1860 numbers.whereas 1800 numbers are toll-free.

32 Comments  |  
22 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I also did not know 1860 numbers were chargeable till I got the bill. It was a surprise for me as well, paying charges over and above the 499 rental which is not cheap either.

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied

Ya bro,all operators charge 2.50 to 3 rs per minute for 1860 numbers.whereas 1800 numbers are toll-free.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Jio doesn’t charge.

View 4 more replies
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

On mtnl / jio / bsnl its free . Plz confirm

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Nope , these numbers are chargeable ones . even with unlimited plans one has to pay for calling these numbers .

View 5 more replies
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Just checked they charge 2.4 Rs/ minute on Airtel. They say that it will be charged as local landline number. Should it be that high?

Link Copied

from vodafone before placing call it will give warning message that it will be charged for this call

also I guess BSNL landline will charge for these numbers.

try to find alternative number whom you are calling, most of them would have a +91 – areacode – number

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
For Airtel also they used to give warning message before connecting call but from last few months they have stopped it
Brand Enthusiast Brand Enthusiast
Link Copied

What are 1860 numbers?

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Mostly customer care numbers

Link Copied
1800 to 1860 so they don't haave to maintain or pay anything @ service provider.. It used to be free in jio when I last checked .. quite a time now .. Btw do check if service provider has any landline number that would be free .. call that and ask them.to transfer if needed .. did couple of times
Link Copied
I also try that thing wherever possible, this time needed to contact Axis Bank and they don't transfer calls to other departments. They told to dial their 1860 number only which is chargeable. They try to delay call as much as possible on IVR. They will talk about all balances and pending before you are able to talk with executive. But there was no waiting time atleast.
View 1 more reply
Link Copied

Vodafone postpaid doesn’t charge me

Link Copied

That is not possible bro, check your call details and bill. Extra charges must be there.

View 1 more reply
Like Magnet Like Magnet
Link Copied

I believe airtel is the only one who loots.

Like Magnet Like Magnet
Link Copied

Airtel looting

Please Visit
https://ddime.i...xN

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

1860 series is only for looting customers – both company and operator make money.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Jio is smart, it doesn’t even allow calling 1860 nos. (last checked)

Generous Generous
Link Copied

Email flood them, then they will visit this thread and 1800 again

Link Copied

I have 2 Jio Sims in my mobile phone. I was planning to port one number to Airtel because there is network issue with Jio in one of the paces I visit.

1860 is free in Jio.

Is Airtel still charging for it?

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

IT IS DISGUSTING TO KNOW THAT CALLS AT 1860 ARE CHARGED AT PREMIUM WITHOUT KNOWING THE CALLER ESPECIALLY BY BASIC CUSTOMER CARE CONTACTS LIKE BANKS.  AND THE WORST THIS IS THAT YOU CAN'T CALL IN UNLIMITED Package.  EVERYONE IS SQUEEZING COMMON MAN

replyuser
Click here to reply