Hot Deal

CIBIL reduced from 756 to 739 due to hard CIBIL enquiry made twice for SBI simply click cc

545°
Hunk
VimAl_Raj

I have applied for SBI simply click on 15th Dec through branch. Hard CIBIL enquiry made on that day itself.. Received verification call on 22nd dec and informed that vil receive card within 10 days.. But yet to receive card.. Status shows as pending..  yesterday one more hard enquiry made by SBI card without any authentication from my side.. Anybody faced these kind of issues? Y CIBIL enquiry made twice for single cc? @guest_999 @rohit_agarwal @DimeDime

96 Comments  |  
20 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Legend Deal Legend
Link Copied

stupid PSU banks do this.

SBI did this to me too and refused the card but tht time lockdown had just started

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Sbi cards is not PSU. and, card is not issued by SBI for your info. A little knowledge can be dangerous thing.

View 7 more replies
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

How agent applied? Through OTP?

You provided OTP and also filled form?

I think 1st application is declined which was applied through OTP.

2nd application is pending which is offline form.

You will get minimum 2 verification calls. And takes approximately one month

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

I ve submitted the offline application in branch ..but received OTP n agent asked me to provide that OTP… 3 days later provided OTP for e adhaar too.. received verification call for simply save on 22nd dec..I told that applied for simply click not save . So again received call for simply click.. confirmed that vil receive card within 10 days..but no communication received further.. yesterday one more enquiry made.sms communication received for the same..

View 10 more replies
Critic Critic
Link Copied

Same thing happened with me & it was an unpleasant surprise. I had enquired with @guest_999 & others – two enquiries seems the norm. They should streamline the process

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

I don’t hold any other unsecured credit card ..having ICICI FD based credit card. That too 9k limit only.. but I have salary account In SBI for d past three months.. having regular savings account since 2015.. my QAB for d past  quarter is 37000..still SBI card is doing all these drama..

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

They took this ad seriously.

Link Copied

Same thing happend with me in union bank

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

This(double inquiry) should not have happened at least for a branch-submitted application.
File a complaint to find out the reason. Ask SBI CC to rectify it.
Simultaneously, you can also use the “raise a dispute” in the CIBIL website, but that would most probably be ineffective as they(CIBIL) will shirk off their responsibility by either stating it has to be rectified first at your credit institution’s(SBI CARD) end OR it is already under dispute.
Expect a protracted(3months+) end to this.

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

Faced same kind of issue with ICICI.. They did hard enquiry for FD based credit card on sep 30th.. Raised complaint in ICICI twitter handle.. But they didn’t remove d enquiry..so raised dispute with CIBIL.. Its pending..

View 3 more replies
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

I’ve faced the same issue with HDFC bank in past. For every application, they did two hard inquiries.

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

Ur application rejected? Two hard enquiry for single cc.. Is d sign of application decline?

View 2 more replies
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

If you have recorded the next call after the first call where the branch agent asked for otp, then go thru it and use it as an evidence.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Here is how it played out with me:
1st call(0-day): otp; branch telephone call
2nd call(0-day): card application details + verification; branch telephone call
3rd call(7-8th day): verification call; Ghaziabad LL call
4th call(7-8th day): verification call; UP-W mobile call
5th call(next day): successful notification call; UP-W mobile call
10-11th day: Email notification.
17th day: Card Delivered by bluedart.

1 enquiry in CIBIL.

Link Copied

SBI verify multiple times details. It happened to me. The agent told me not miss any call or tell incorrect details even spelling. Still SBI time to time call me & ask me, did you apply SBI card, when did you apply, which card are you using, then cut the call. IDK why they keep calling me asking me such details.

View 4 more replies
Link Copied

Frequent hard enquires by lenders impact your credit score negativity, especially if the load/card is rejected. You should not apply for credit /loan frequently in case of rejection, at least wait 3 month. Don’t worry once your card is approved, reported to cibil, you may expect cibil improvement. It’s very common in loan applications.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Recently I applied SBI Ola money cc, I too see 2 CIBIL enquiries back to back. My friend applied same card and he also saw 2 CIBIL enquiries.
Thought SBI Card always do 2 enquiries

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

Both of Ur card approved?

View 1 more reply
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

It could be that smile

Link Copied

Having a regular active income does not guaranty a smooth process of credit card application unless you earn a big shot; income like 30K+ or ITR of above 4 Lakh. A bank has check possible risk factors before approving credit card/loans which is decided by cibil score. CIBIL give an indication whether the person is trustworthy or not. Otherwise, Vijay Mallya would not have left India along with huge bank money. Some ppl do the same thing, they think can eat banks money & escape away. If you have very good CIBIL score & you have regular income, then approval chances is very high.

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

Bro..I m working as SPM in Post office..have salary account in SBI..my gross salary is 39400..net salary 25000..

View 5 more replies
Link Copied

Sbi card is as nikamma just like their psu counterpart. Applied card in August received in December . 3 hard cibil enquirers made , 820 to 791. On top of that they were bugging me for some card insurance very day .

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

3 enquiries huh..that’s very harsh..

View 1 more reply
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

for me there are 3 hard enquiries and at the end I did not get the card (IRCTC-SBI)
same happened with Amex, 2 hard enquiries and no card

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

Wats Ur CIBIL?

View 1 more reply
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Even BOB made 2 queries for me. PSU banks smile

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

Ultimately u received card r declined?

View 1 more reply
Critic Critic
Link Copied

I can also confirm the same, applied via branch for card & 2 cibil enquiries were made back to back. Also in my experience if 2 cibil enquiries are not made by bank then in most cases your application is going to be rejected.
@niteshladia661

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

So.. r u saying that my application is gonna be approved?

View 28 more replies
Talk-Of-The-Town Talk-Of-The-Town
Link Copied

I have applied for amex card and even amex have done 2 enquries!! Strange.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

@VimAl_Raj
At barely 750+ score, I would have avoided the head-hunting for prized trophies, perceived or otherwise, from ICICI, SBI and HDFC.
ICICI does CIBIL inquiry first and calls you later.

Instead, I would have started with low hanging fruits like CCs of IndusInd and RBL.

BoB CC is always an option for Group-C and above employees. Salaried a/c with 15k+ salary should be GTG.

Now, with that drop to 739, things have changed a lot for you.

Here is what I would have done if I was in your shoes:
0. Wait a month or two.
1. Visit BoB branch. Talk to them and apply for the lowest variant.
2. If the above fails(which it shouldn’t for a salaried a/c), then try the OneCard thing. All it needs is a bank statement and hope that IDFC-backed lender is as lax with the Credit Score as they are with the source of income.
3. If that fails, I would take a long, long break from applying for an unsecured line of credit like CCs. I would diversify the lines of credit available to me. I would look for a free-est Consumer Loan. I would get a secured CC (as you have already done) and build history.

Critic Critic
Link Copied

OneCard is not lax for the card they offer. Anybody having a good cibil score & around 1 year old cibil history with decent bank balance/transactions statement is good enough for them to give the card since their card cannot be misused so the “credit card job holders” don’t apply. In fact it is only because of these “credit card job holders” that many good cards which would otherwise have been approved for those having good cibil score but no formal income proof gets declined.

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

My card has been approved with highest great limit of 10k(big ten thousand)

replyuser
Click here to reply