Hot Deal

CIBIL reduced from 756 to 739 due to hard CIBIL enquiry made twice for SBI simply click cc

407°
Hunk
VimAl_Raj

I have applied for SBI simply click on 15th Dec through branch. Hard CIBIL enquiry made on that day itself.. Received verification call on 22nd dec and informed that vil receive card within 10 days.. But yet to receive card.. Status shows as pending..  yesterday one more hard enquiry made by SBI card without any authentication from my side.. Anybody faced these kind of issues? Y CIBIL enquiry made twice for single cc? @guest_999 @rohit_agarwal @DimeDime

96 Comments  |  
20 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
VimAl_Raj wrote:

Ultimately u received card r declined?

I got the card.

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
VimAl_Raj wrote:

So.. r u saying that my application is gonna be approved?

Not guaranteed but from my experience only 1 cibil inquiry means almost 100% chances of rejection in case of major banks/cards like sbi/icici/hdfc.

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
VimAl_Raj wrote:

How many days they took inbetween two enquiries?

5 days.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Not guaranteed but from my experience only 1 cibil inquiry means almost 100% chances of rejection in case of major banks/cards like sbi/icici/hdfc.

A question, most of these banks use TransUnion CIBIL to check the score and then comes the number of Equifax. Is there a way to create one’s profile using PAN, aadhar etc. and link it with one’s phone somehow so that an otp is needed to check the person’s credit score?
I doubt it because these are MNC’s.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
VimAl_Raj wrote:

Bro..I m working as SPM in Post office..have salary account in SBI..my gross salary is 39400..net salary 25000..

You are a government employ, correct me If I am wrong. Banks prefer customer like you who has stable income & job security. If you are not getting credit card offer by bank. Why don’t you apply for credit from the branch. I am sure your application will be approved.
Try to spends shop online from debit cards, UPI, internet banking, this gives a clue to bank your spending habit. Credit card companies earn when you spend. Banks get some commissions from merchants & card holders also receive some portion in form of rewards points /cashbacks.

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
billubakra wrote:

A question, most of these banks use TransUnion CIBIL to check the score and then comes the number of Equifax. Is there a way to create one’s profile using PAN, aadhar etc. and link it with one’s phone somehow so that an otp is needed to check the person’s credit score?
I doubt it because these are MNC’s.

No, these are financial institutions so nothing to worry about. Every inquiry made on your cibil score is recorded so in case of any issue it is possible to know who made the inquiry & from where. Big MNCs in fact tend to be more reliable because of tougher data protection laws in their home country(mostly USA/EU).

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
Mufasa wrote:

You are a government employ, correct me If I am wrong. Banks prefer customer like you who has stable income & job security. If you are not getting credit card offer by bank. Why don’t you apply for credit from the branch. I am sure your application will be approved.
Try to spends shop online from debit cards, UPI, internet banking, this gives a clue to bank your spending habit. Credit card companies earn when you spend. Banks get some commissions from merchants & card holders also receive some portion in form of rewards points /cashbacks.

Though I m a central govt servant.. Have work exp of 6 years.. Looking for my first unsecured cc.. Interested in apay ICICI cc.. But d problem is that didn’t have any loan r cc . no CIBIL history.. Remote area too.. Only one option left is get any ICICI cc from branch n then apply for apay card. Applied for ICICI Platinum cc with salary slip.. But rejected.. then I got FD based card from ICICI in September itself.Had a salary account in our postal network itself.. Converted my 5 year old SBI SB account to salary account in September itself to get my first unsecured CC.. After 3 Salary credit.. Applied for simply click through branch on 15 th Dec.. Still its pending..n waiting for my first unsecured CC.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

I have exactly one enquiry from hdfc on my cibil and my card was approved .. it was an unsecured card applied on a 20 days old saving account .

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
dark.demon wrote:

I have exactly one enquiry from hdfc on my cibil and my card was approved .. it was an unsecured card applied on a 20 days old saving account .

You probably have high cibil score(~800+)/high value loan from hdfc/other banks.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

You probably have high cibil score(~800+)/high value loan from hdfc/other banks.

No ,i had 756 cibil and no loan prior to application .. even my savings account was 20 days old . Verification guy called and asked for house pic and i sent that along with aadhar card ..and they approved it.. however limit is quite low though

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
dark.demon wrote:

No ,i had 756 cibil and no loan prior to application .. even my savings account was 20 days old . Verification guy called and asked for house pic and i sent that along with aadhar card ..and they approved it.. however limit is quite low though

Some exceptions/lucky cases are always there, also did you show yourself as salaried or self employed & have you submitted any income proof.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Some exceptions/lucky cases are always there, also did you show yourself as salaried or self employed & have you submitted any income proof.

In online application i had given my salary slip..however in verification they didn’t even asked for employment ..

Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

No, these are financial institutions so nothing to worry about. Every inquiry made on your cibil score is recorded so in case of any issue it is possible to know who made the inquiry & from where. Big MNCs in fact tend to be more reliable because of tougher data protection laws in their home country(mostly USA/EU).

_ it is possible to know who made the inquiry & from where._
Some private bank made hard inquiry 5 times when my friend applied for a cc. There is no way he can tell that bank to admit their mistake and improve the score. OTP thing will prevent these kinda things.

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
billubakra wrote:

_ it is possible to know who made the inquiry & from where._
Some private bank made hard inquiry 5 times when my friend applied for a cc. There is no way he can tell that bank to admit their mistake and improve the score. OTP thing will prevent these kinda things.

Everything regarding inquiry is recorded but that info is confidential & cannot be asked for by anybody just like that. You need to have some sort of legal/police/rbi order just like in case of call details of mobile phone connections from mobile service providers.

OTP is not possible, you are asking for loan/credit from the bank/card company so they have all the right to check your financial info. If some pvt bank made 5 inquiries then ditch that bank after complaining about it to bank’s senior mgmt/rbi.

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
dark.demon wrote:

In online application i had given my salary slip..however in verification they didn’t even asked for employment ..

Salary slip of a known/proper organization is a very big plus point especially in case of hdfc where they used to give cards on the basis of just 2 months of salary slip even if later/just after getting the card you resign from the job.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Salary slip of a known/proper organization is a very big plus point especially in case of hdfc where they used to give cards on the basis of just 2 months of salary slip even if later/just after getting the card you resign from the job.

This could be ..my organization is a it sector  mnc .

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
dark.demon wrote:

This could be ..my organization is a it sector  mnc .

Though m working in Central govt.. Yet to get my unsecured credit card.. Tried with HDFC. Then icci.. Now SBI… Am I missing something? Didn’t have CIBIL history while applying for ICICI n HDFC . Now have CIBIL score but waiting continues

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
VimAl_Raj wrote:

Though m working in Central govt.. Yet to get my unsecured credit card.. Tried with HDFC. Then icci.. Now SBI… Am I missing something? Didn’t have CIBIL history while applying for ICICI n HDFC . Now have CIBIL score but waiting continues

@guest_999 @rohit_agarwal @DimeDime

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
VimAl_Raj wrote:

Once sbi called one of my family member for credit card (state govt employee) .. better you apply via branch in sbi or wait for hdfc to restart … Icici is bit slow and hard to get credit cards (not even worth too).

Cibil should be atleast 750+ and dont apply for higher variant card..go for lowest variant possible if you are waiting for your first unsecured card..

Link Copied
Expand
VimAl_Raj wrote:

Get any fd based card with minimum limit of 1Lakh…

After 1 year, you can apply SBI, Axis or Indusind card on card2card process.

Try with Amazon pay ICICI card.. now they are giving through only KYC.

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
rohit_agarwal wrote:

As far as I know, amazonpay card is very difficult to get for those who declare themselves as self-employed but for salaried persons in big/established companies they will issue it with even 2 lakh annual salary self-declaration & an official email id.

Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

As far as I know, amazonpay card is very difficult to get for those who declare themselves as self-employed but for salaried persons in big/established companies they will issue it with even 2 lakh annual salary self-declaration & an official email id.

Now Amazon giving apay to everyone without income proof…

My friend’s brother who don’t have any income, got apay without any verification.

He only completed video kyc with Aadhar and pan.

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
VimAl_Raj wrote:

If sbi doesn’t give you card then simply stop applying for cards & instead try your luck at Bank of Baroda branch for their unsecured card on the basis of your salary slips. If even that fails then just get sbi simplyclick card against fd of 50k(card limit will be 35k, 70% of fd amount) & use that for 1 year before start applying again for unsecured cards.

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
rohit_agarwal wrote:

Now Amazon giving apay to everyone without income proof…

My friend’s brother who don’t have any income, got apay without any verification.

He only completed video kyc with Aadhar and pan.

Last year I applied in Oct & my application was rejected after video kyc probably because I declared myself as self-employed & replied to their email asking reply from official email to confirm official email via my personal gmail account.

Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Last year I applied in Oct & my application was rejected after video kyc probably because I declared myself as self-employed & replied to their email asking reply from official email to confirm official email via my personal gmail account.

Now everything is changed, banner will show on Amazon account….

Apply card (no income proof required).

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
rohit_agarwal wrote:

This is where I ve started to get interested in cc.. Apay ICCi card…b4 that never interested in cc.. Never bothered about my CIBIL.. Didn’t even check my CIBIL score .. Since my area is remote..apay ICICI KYC isn’t available in my area.. So thought of getting platinum cc through branch..then apply for apay ICICI..Branch manger made me to open ICICI SB account n applied for platinum.. But platinum is declined..then that idiot bm tried to apply for Apay ICCi through video KYC.. But straight away declined.. Now have to wait for six months.. Can apply for it after April 5 th only

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I have applied for amex card and even amex have done 2 enquries!! Strange.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
VimAl_Raj wrote:

Though I m a central govt servant.. Have work exp of 6 years.. Looking for my first unsecured cc.. Interested in apay ICICI cc.. But d problem is that didn’t have any loan r cc . no CIBIL history.. Remote area too.. Only one option left is get any ICICI cc from branch n then apply for apay card. Applied for ICICI Platinum cc with salary slip.. But rejected.. then I got FD based card from ICICI in September itself.Had a salary account in our postal network itself.. Converted my 5 year old SBI SB account to salary account in September itself to get my first unsecured CC.. After 3 Salary credit.. Applied for simply click through branch on 15 th Dec.. Still its pending..n waiting for my first unsecured CC.

Rejection of card application might be due to not having enough cibi( Minimum 750> score or you may have applied for credit card frequently. The lenders check your cibil score & if they find frequent card enquires done by other lenders, then card your current lender think that you are a credit hungry. Don’t apply frequently for credit card /loans, especially sites like bankbazar, paisabazaar, or any non banking who is selling credit cards. This gives a wrong impression about your financial status in CIBIL.

If you have no CIBIL, keep using your secured credit card until your reach at least 750 CIBIL,then apply.
In my case(simply click), it took about 10~12 days. Did you receive verification calls from SBI? They may call you multiple times, ask you same questions, provide them correct information as submitted documents.
Hope your card will be approved. Best of luck!

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
Mufasa wrote:

Rejection of card application might be due to not having enough cibi( Minimum 750> score or you may have applied for credit card frequently. The lenders check your cibil score & if they find frequent card enquires done by other lenders, then card your current lender think that you are a credit hungry. Don’t apply frequently for credit card /loans, especially sites like bankbazar, paisabazaar, or any non banking who is selling credit cards. This gives a wrong impression about your financial status in CIBIL.

If you have no CIBIL, keep using your secured credit card until your reach at least 750 CIBIL,then apply.
In my case(simply click), it took about 10~12 days. Did you receive verification calls from SBI? They may call you multiple times, ask you same questions, provide them correct information as submitted documents.
Hope your card will be approved. Best of luck!

Yeah… received on 22nd Dec..d guy informed that vil receive card within 10 days..I thought my card has been approved..but one more CIBIL enquiry made on 4th Jan.. application is pending.

I ve already mentioned in tile itself that my CIBIL score is 756..due to two hard enquiries..now it’s dropped to 739..

Missing