Citi Rewards Credit Card

280°
Deal Cadet
A_J

How is the Citi Rewards Credit Card? Is anyone using it right now? Citi is offering good joining benefits till March 31st (3000 CB) and the card seems to have OK benefits – almost 2.8% CB on Apparels and Departmental stores plus renewal fee wavier on spends of 30,000 in one year. With Citi about to leave India and rumors of some other bank buying their CC department, is it a good time to get a Citi bank CC, as we have no idea what the new bank is going to do with the current CCs. 



50 Comments  |  
23 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Also does Flipkart and Amazon come under Departmental store? 

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
A_J wrote:

Also does Flipkart and Amazon come under Departmental store? 

Flipkart is not considered as departmental store by Citi. Recently bought laptop for 30999 and got only 248 points . 1 point for 125 spent.

Super Stud Super Stud
Link Copied

Axis is supposed to take charge of Citi cc. I recently got Citi Indian Oil and the spend waiver is 30k (which is easily manageable IMO) so I got it. Plus the joining benefits of 3k is also cool.

What the new bank will do after the acquisition, remains to be seen, if they make it really bad. Then will obviously close it else will keep it. 🤞

https://www.desidime.com/discussions/since-citi...

https://www.desidime.com/discussions/axis-bank-...

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
JaiKrish1031 wrote:

Flipkart is not considered as departmental store by Citi. Recently bought laptop for 30999 and got only 248 points . 1 point for 125 spent.

does Ajio comes under Departmental or Apparel store?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
chai_lover wrote:

does Ajio comes under Departmental or Apparel store?

Didn’t purchased anything from ajio

Chennai Super Kings Chennai Super Kings
Link Copied
xxxyyyzzz wrote:

@Scorpion You intend to close your Citi rewards?

No. That is the only Citi card i have with only 30000 for spend waiver. Will Keep it.

Already used for 2 phone offers last month.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

minimum requirement(salary) to get Citibank cards?

Super Stud Super Stud
Link Copied
adi22raj wrote:

minimum requirement(salary) to get Citibank cards?

They didnt ask me for income proof this time. I think above 25k will be easier but they are also rejecting applications like they used to earlier. one friend’s application was rejected recently.

So, if already rejected by Citi earlier, then 🤞

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

How to apply for citi card on c2c basis without income docs also how many citi cards one person can hold, if i apply for paytm citi than later can i apply for another variant

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
xxxyyyzzz wrote:

They didnt ask me for income proof this time. I think above 25k will be easier but they are also rejecting applications like they used to earlier. one friend’s application was rejected recently.

So, if already rejected by Citi earlier, then 🤞

kyc & document collection was offline or online?

Super Stud Super Stud
Link Copied
Expand
thats_my_spot wrote:

kyc & document collection was offline or online?

It’s only offline now, they are not doing video KYC anymore. 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I always redeem Citi Reward points against Swiggy orders. Otherwise there is not much in this card except for Citi offers.

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
mihir2812711 wrote:

I always redeem Citi Reward points against Swiggy orders. Otherwise there is not much in this card except for Citi offers.

How?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

When you order with Rewards card in Swiggy, if you have sufficient points, you will get a message with a unique link to redeem points against order. You have to access the link immediately and set off the points. Value of 4 points = 1 Re.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
mihir2812711 wrote:

I always redeem Citi Reward points against Swiggy orders. Otherwise there is not much in this card except for Citi offers.

I thought you can redeem it as statement credit, if you have above 10,000 points. But the points never expire, so that’s pretty good IMO. Also there are Welcome Benefits : Earn 1,500 reward points on the first transaction made on the Citibank Rewards Credit Card within the first 30 days of the card being issued. Get 1,000 bonus reward points on spending Rs. 1,000 within the first 60 days of issuance of the card. So 2500 reward points on top of the 3000 CB they are offering. 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
A_J wrote:

I thought you can redeem it as statement credit, if you have above 10,000 points. But the points never expire, so that’s pretty good IMO. Also there are Welcome Benefits : Earn 1,500 reward points on the first transaction made on the Citibank Rewards Credit Card within the first 30 days of the card being issued. Get 1,000 bonus reward points on spending Rs. 1,000 within the first 60 days of issuance of the card. So 2500 reward points on top of the 3000 CB they are offering. 

Today’s welcome offers are different. I had got the card more than 2 years ago, they had INR 1000 welcome benefit offer back then.

It takes helluva of time and patience to collect 10000 points. Swiggy redemption is the best way to benefit from this card.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
A_J wrote:

I thought you can redeem it as statement credit, if you have above 10,000 points. But the points never expire, so that’s pretty good IMO. Also there are Welcome Benefits : Earn 1,500 reward points on the first transaction made on the Citibank Rewards Credit Card within the first 30 days of the card being issued. Get 1,000 bonus reward points on spending Rs. 1,000 within the first 60 days of issuance of the card. So 2500 reward points on top of the 3000 CB they are offering. 

i think 3000 cashback is including 7000+18000 spends on dept store and apparel.

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
mihir2812711 wrote:

When you order with Rewards card in Swiggy, if you have sufficient points, you will get a message with a unique link to redeem points against order. You have to access the link immediately and set off the points. Value of 4 points = 1 Re.

Bro, that’s just 25% value when using at Swiggy. You can redeem cash towards your Citibank CC Bill at 35% value which is now applicable only if you’re redeeming 10k and higher points.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

plus they are running refer and earn program. Do self refer.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Citibank Rewards Card is my oldest card. I got it in 2011. I used it a lot in the beginning but have stopped using the card regularly since the rewards redemption value (25%) is not very great. One can redeem rewards into cashback (35% value) only after accumulating a minimum of 10,000 points. The reward accumulation is very slow and many transactions like insurance bill payments are excluded from earning any reward points. I have kept it only for the reason that it’s my oldest card and spending 30k to waive off the card’s annual fee is easily manageable.

Delhi Capitals Delhi Capitals
Link Copied
thats_my_spot wrote:

plus they are running refer and earn program. Do self refer.

How self referral?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

What are chances of approval for City cards if one doesn’t live in Metro city? Which is better option to apply, c2c or ITR?

I am self-employed.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
samm255 wrote:

What are chances of approval for City cards if one doesn’t live in Metro city? Which is better option to apply, c2c or ITR?

I am self-employed.

Almost same scenario like me. We both can’t even imagine getting this card as of now. They prefer salaried and salary slips or their HNW account holders.

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply