closure of fastag and opening new for same vehicle

100°
Blogger
b4tm4n

Hello dimers,
our family member has sold his vehicle and RC is now transferred to new owner.
but the issue is fastag account can’t be transferred as per customer care.
there is wallet balance of 3k in fastag.
my query is, whether new owner can still use that balance? or we need to close our fastag account?
cc is insisting to close the account because they are not sure if our fastag can be used by new owner.
Thanks in advance.

10 Comments  |  
5 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

u can close and get balance
else new owner can continue to use it but make sure it is not linked to ur wallet or bank account

Blogger Blogger
Link Copied

wallet is actually linked to bank account.
so if we can get refund in bank then its better to close.
thanks for reply. kg+ @nomag

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
b4tm4n wrote:

wallet is actually linked to bank account.
so if we can get refund in bank then its better to close.
thanks for reply. kg+ @nomag

yes u can close and get refund

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Hi, i closed IDFC fastag for my car as i was facing many issues with it and also got refund for the balance. But now when I’m trying to get another fastag from a different bank, it says that my car already has a fastag. What to do?.

Can anyone help?

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
hardiknagpal4935 wrote:

Hi, i closed IDFC fastag for my car as i was facing many issues with it and also got refund for the balance. But now when I’m trying to get another fastag from a different bank, it says that my car already has a fastag. What to do?.

Can anyone help?

Check with your card registration here https://www.npci.org.in/what-we-do/netc-fastag/... to see if the earlier tags are still active. If so, follow up to deactivate. If all deactivated, you can approach for offline tag near toll gates.

On a similar note, can you please elaborate what issues faced with IDFC? And whats the procedure for closing IDFC fastag?

Blogger Blogger
Link Copied
Expand
andromeda wrote:

Check with your card registration here https://www.npci.org.in/what-we-do/netc-fastag/... to see if the earlier tags are still active. If so, follow up to deactivate. If all deactivated, you can approach for offline tag near toll gates.

On a similar note, can you please elaborate what issues faced with IDFC? And whats the procedure for closing IDFC fastag?

Thanks for link. kg+
It’s showing closed fastag ‘inactive’ and new one ‘active’ for me.

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/670177/original/IMG_20210308_100945.jpg?1615178658

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
andromeda wrote:

Check with your card registration here https://www.npci.org.in/what-we-do/netc-fastag/... to see if the earlier tags are still active. If so, follow up to deactivate. If all deactivated, you can approach for offline tag near toll gates.

On a similar note, can you please elaborate what issues faced with IDFC? And whats the procedure for closing IDFC fastag?

Ohh thank you. It shows inactive here, does it means that its closed?

As for the issues faced with IDFC fastag, the thing is it never worked. In whatever time i used it, only 1 toll was successfully deducted from it, otherwise it never got scanned at the toll plaza. Tried for a replacement and
didn’t got any replies from IDFC but when i mailed for cancellation, got a very prompt reply joy.

For cancellation, you have to mail your Pan card copy,  a cancelled cheque, a duly signed letter requesting cancellation and fastag detached from the vehicle. They’ll respond in 5-7 days and you fastag will be closed soon. Also got mymoney back on the same day when my fastag clisure was confirmed.

Btw which is the best fastag provider i should go for?

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
hardiknagpal4935 wrote:

Ohh thank you. It shows inactive here, does it means that its closed?

As for the issues faced with IDFC fastag, the thing is it never worked. In whatever time i used it, only 1 toll was successfully deducted from it, otherwise it never got scanned at the toll plaza. Tried for a replacement and
didn’t got any replies from IDFC but when i mailed for cancellation, got a very prompt reply joy.

For cancellation, you have to mail your Pan card copy,  a cancelled cheque, a duly signed letter requesting cancellation and fastag detached from the vehicle. They’ll respond in 5-7 days and you fastag will be closed soon. Also got mymoney back on the same day when my fastag clisure was confirmed.

Btw which is the best fastag provider i should go for?

Yes inactive can be considered as closed.

In my case, rc history shows 2 inactive, 1 active. The inactive ones are from HDFC and active one is from IDFC.

I’ve had issues with HDFC, so closed it. Fortunately I got IDFC tag issued without even closing the earlier one, may be it is due to the reason I did not maintain balance in it.

Gave a field test with IDFC tag, and it got detected without any fuss. Now I’m becoming skeptical on how will my upcoming drive would go.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
hardiknagpal4935 wrote:

Ohh thank you. It shows inactive here, does it means that its closed?

As for the issues faced with IDFC fastag, the thing is it never worked. In whatever time i used it, only 1 toll was successfully deducted from it, otherwise it never got scanned at the toll plaza. Tried for a replacement and
didn’t got any replies from IDFC but when i mailed for cancellation, got a very prompt reply joy.

For cancellation, you have to mail your Pan card copy,  a cancelled cheque, a duly signed letter requesting cancellation and fastag detached from the vehicle. They’ll respond in 5-7 days and you fastag will be closed soon. Also got mymoney back on the same day when my fastag clisure was confirmed.

Btw which is the best fastag provider i should go for?

I am using PAYTM fast tag since Oct 2019. Working flawlessly.

@andromeda Bro, working of fastag is not associated with any bank. It could happen with anyone. So it is just bad luck that your one wasn’t working with HDFC.

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
Tera_Jija wrote:

I am using PAYTM fast tag since Oct 2019. Working flawlessly.

@andromeda Bro, working of fastag is not associated with any bank. It could happen with anyone. So it is just bad luck that your one wasn’t working with HDFC.

I very much accept that. HDFC is working fine, in fact I would say it is over working grinning. I see multiple deductions for the same toll. There are other manual debits which didn’t made sense for the reasons they are mentioning. So decided to retire that.

Missing