Coconut oil

99°
Deal Captain
Loaferg

Kindly  suggest  good coconut oil  available in market online  .
Have seen  KLF  ,  KPL ,  Gramiyaa , Gramiyuum , kalaptaru  etc brands  .

Is KLF  good .

Please  don't  suggest get it milled or direct from oil factory etc as nearly  no such facilities  in mumbai city .
Can buy Only packed oils .

Kindly suggest good brands available  online which you use
Expired
12 Comments  |  
7 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
For eating, cooking right?

Funniest thing I read for the week. That in a 50-60 square kilometre metropolitan place like Bombay, there are no nearby or 'home based' millers.
Thanks for the laughs brother.
Pro DealBaba Pro DealBaba
Link Copied

Why do u need coconut oil?

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
http://kalpataruproducts.com is one of the brands mentioned above, so hopefully for consuming.

Although even cooking oils too do get used for massaging or medicinal purposes.

But my guesses could be wrong, and perhaps we have to wait for the right answer.
View 1 more reply
Crowdpuller Crowdpuller
Link Copied

Bhai, no competition with parachute

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Unlike in the days of yore, now they add some antifreeze type compounds to it.
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

vatika is gud for hair n body massage, khane k liye there are lots of brands

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

Is KLF  Coconad Coconut Oil   good  . Available in dmart and jiomart  for around Rs 225  ..

@neocortex   yes there is no oil mill  as per my know how . And if at it exist it  must be in some off area and with no creditability and will be cost expensive .

Somwhere in south mumbai pydonie there are  2 -  3  stalls have heard and they charge  some  Rs 200 + for 1 kg coconut  irrespective of output oil and also keep the leftover coconut  crush with them

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Thanks for replying.
Will ask my resources and recheck with you.
If Pydhonie is fine by you, then all those nearby areas or even till Lower Parel have lots of home-businesses type of setup too.

You, others doubting the trustworthiness of those, is understandable.

However your conditions of expensive, baffle me.
My folks, in a town 850-900 kilometres away from Bombay, had off-late started taking these oils fresh (milled in front of her eyes) from local people with the milling 'ghaani'.
And I laughed at Maa once that for (almost) 500 rupees you are taking sesame/ tilli oil, then might as well use ghee of 700-750 (or 600-650 at that time).
But she showed me my place, by saying that this (managing her kitchen) is her outlook.

And when she got a little softer, she explained that not everything can be made in ghee, especially some snacks.
And also, these (sesame, cotton seed) are needed for our body.

Then I even remember jibing her with hygiene concerns.
That the millers might be extracting the oil in front of you, but they would obviously not wash and clean and dry those, prior to extracting oil.

She (my mother) had the concerned, sad look of an old person on her face. But still thereafter she tried it few times, that she took her own raw materials (in this xase: sesame/tilli) after cleaning them.

Eventually we had to beg her to stop and not take things to heart.
Now, once we they (my parents or rather my Maa herself) inspects the place and unit herself
she gets the oil extracted 'live'.

These are small units, with barely 10-12 square feet footprint.
So I even suggested that for 14-15000 at most, we can get her an exclusive milling machine/ wooden 'ghaani'.
But she has had enough of excruciating daily physical and mental exertion all her life and is not going to add to it.

So despite such oils having far less shelf life than the oils with irradiation and other preservative
she prefers to travel even 8-10 kilometres (in that smaller town) to her known miller business.

Thus mental and physical costs for protecting oneself are not expenses, but investments.

You breathing the heavy smog and pollution everyday in Bombay is more expensive than anything.
It costs us our lives, peace, health.
View 2 more replies
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Klf, kpl sudhi, Parachute, dabur anmol is all good.

Dabur is less aromatic. May be they didn't add aroma. 

replyuser
Click here to reply