Hot Deal

Consumer Court delaying in hearing from last 1.5 years

637°
Deal Cadet
Deal_Freak

Hi All! I have filed a case in Consumer Court against HP regarding deficiencies in after sales service and for laptop replacement as within 1 year warranty period, my laptop starts giving numerous problems. Except screen and motherboard, everything has been replaced due to malfunctioning of parts including keyboard, trackpad, battery, DC converter socket, back panel due to broken hinge (but was covered under 1 year accidental damage warranty). It is a premium laptop from HP Envy series that costed me for Rs 80000 purchased from Croma Retail Store and bought it in September 2020. I have filed my case in October 2020 at the Consumer Court and till now not even a single hearing in front of Judge has happened. I have visited Consumer Court nearly 10 times till date and everytime I have been assigned a new date which is 2-3 months later to the date of current hearing (same like Tarikh Pe Tarikh conventional method). I am fighting for my case myself. Is this normal for Consumer Courts to act like this? I feel I have been harassed more by the Consumer Court rather than by HP company. Please shed some light as to what can be done in this case.

Expired
59 Comments  |  
19 Dimers
  • Sort By
Cool Cool
Link Copied

Due to covid many cases have got delayed, but not even 1 hearing happened is not acceptable.

Are you sure you were present on the hearing dates? And what was the reason for next date? 

judge not present? strike? other party not present? what does it show check that

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Dimers with experience in such cases.. please enlighten.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
raman12 wrote:

Same status showing here as well? 10 different dates, just for confirmation

https://confonet.n...n/

I am not aware of this website bro as I have not visited any online website regarding this case and have just filed my case by visiting the Consumer Court in my city. Could you please give some information regarding this website? 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
raman12 wrote:

Due to covid many cases have got delayed, but not even 1 hearing happened is not acceptable.

Are you sure you were present on the hearing dates? And what was the reason for next date? 

judge not present? strike? other party not present? what does it show check that

Yes I have been present with my father during all my visits at the Consumer Court. Everytime I get a reply from clerk staffs that the Judge is on leave, Judge is busy in pending cases that were filed before, HP company representatives have not responded to my legal documents, resend legal paperwork to HP with a new case, COVID delays etc….. Most FUNNY part is clerk staff told me to reprint legal papers with a bigger font size of 20 as the Judge cannot read texts with a font size less than 20.   

Pro Tech Guru Pro Tech Guru
Link Copied

I guess you will have to file a case against the Consumer court itself for gross deficiency in service! On a more serious note this just reinforces my very dim opinion of HP. I would prefer even Acer over it. I am glad that RBI Ombudsman came to my help in case of 2.5 years delay in refunds from IRCTC (SBI was held responsible and had to pay compensation ) and I didn’t have to approach consumer court. Who knows how that would have worked out? 


Cool Cool
Link Copied
Expand
Deal_Freak wrote:

I am not aware of this website bro. Could you please give some information regarding this website? 

This is government website to check status of any consumer court case.
If you don’t know the exact case number as per format needed, you can search using the filters provided. Website is a bit outdated, but helpful

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
raman12 wrote:

This is government website to check status of any consumer court case.
If you don’t know the exact case number as per format needed, you can search using the filters provided. Website is a bit outdated, but helpful

Thank You bro for sharing this website. I know the case number but haven’t visited this website yet to check the status regarding my case. I was blindly following what was told to me by the Consumer Court staffs till date.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

now a days every one goes to consumer court for small and silly issues. Because of these frivolous cases work load of consumer court jumps and serious and high value transactions like yours also gets stuck. 

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

how file case against consumer court ? consumer case against consumer court !!!!!!!

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

only 1.5 yrs….i pursued for good  7-8 yrs and then stopped going to court….learnt lesson for lifetime…

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Snapz wrote:

Dimers with experience in such cases.. please enlighten.

Could you please tag experienced dimers here?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Deal_Freak wrote:

Could you please tag experienced dimers here?

I’m relatively new here.. don’t know anyone as such.
But I’m expecting that dimers will pitch in themselves soon.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Bk100 wrote:

now a days every one goes to consumer court for small and silly issues. Because of these frivolous cases work load of consumer court jumps and serious and high value transactions like yours also gets stuck. 

dosto civil and criminal case me bhi aisa hi hota ha.bhagwan sabhi ko court vort ke chakkar se door hi rakhe

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
Deal_Freak wrote:

Yes I have been present with my father during all my visits at the Consumer Court. Everytime I get a reply from clerk staffs that the Judge is on leave, Judge is busy in pending cases that were filed before, HP company representatives have not responded to my legal documents, resend legal paperwork to HP with a new case, COVID delays etc….. Most FUNNY part is clerk staff told me to retype legal papers with a bigger font size of 20 as the Judge cannot read texts with a font size less than 20.   

22g get it repaired from outside
sab chai paani chalta ha har jagah

Cool Cool
Link Copied
Expand
kukdookoo wrote:

dosto civil and criminal case me bhi aisa hi hota ha.bhagwan sabhi ko court vort ke chakkar se door hi rakhe

You are 💯 percent right 22g

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
kukdookoo wrote:

22g get it repaired from outside
sab chai paani chalta ha har jagah

Ab bahar se hi repair karwana padega 22g. Law and Order is desh mein bas ab mazak hi ban kar reh gaya hai. This is my last product from HP company and will also never ever recommend anyone to buy HP products. Mental piece is much more important.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
kukdookoo wrote:

22g get it repaired from outside
sab chai paani chalta ha har jagah

HP customer care se request bhi kiya tha for Laptop replacement within 2 months of purchase but they denied and gave reason that the replacement policy is not applicable here in India unlike developed nations like US/UK where they replace defective products with a brand new one under their warranty period.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Will filing rti help?

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
Deal_Freak wrote:

Ab bahar se hi repair karwana padega 22g. Law and Order is desh mein bas ab mazak hi ban kar reh gaya hai. This is my last product from HP company and will also never ever recommend anyone to buy HP products. Mental piece is much more important.

hp company ghatiya ha yaar
ab kya dikat ha main laptop me

clerk se indirectly chai paani puch lo,apko judge se time le dega

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied

Judge Saab behere ho gaye honge isi liye case hearing nahin ho paa rahi hogi 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
kukdookoo wrote:

hp company ghatiya ha yaar
ab kya dikat ha main laptop me

clerk se indirectly chai paani puch lo,apko judge se time le dega

Apple MacBook us waqt lene ka socha tha par HP le liya jiska aaj tak dukh hai. Laptop mein phirse DC converter socket ki dikkat aa rahi hai us wajah se laptop power on mein charger lagane par supply se chalta hai par battery charge nahi karta hai aur shutdown hone ke baad charging shuru ho jaati hai battery ki same connected charger se. Consumer Court mein ek trust tha isliye complaint ki thi agar pata hota aisa hota hai wahan bhi toh court kabhi nahi jaata.

Pro Tech Guru Pro Tech Guru
Link Copied
Expand
Deal_Freak wrote:

Apple MacBook us waqt lene ka socha tha par HP le liya jiska aaj tak dukh hai. Laptop mein phirse DC converter socket ki dikkat aa rahi hai us wajah se laptop power on mein charger lagane par supply se chalta hai par battery charge nahi karta hai aur shutdown hone ke baad charging shuru ho jaati hai battery ki same connected charger se. Consumer Court mein ek trust tha isliye complaint ki thi agar pata hota aisa hota hai wahan bhi toh court kabhi nahi jaata.

I had heard of hinge issues and the DC power jack being problematic in Acer Nitro series. So I rarely keep the lid closed other than when I am travelling with it. I almost always use the laptop plugged in so it’s not an issue. Newer Macbooks surprisingly suffer from quite a few issues as well. Only thing a consumer can do is get the longest warranty extension possible and not splurge on too expensive offerings. Warranty extension in case of Macbooks costs a bomb reportedly/ Dell charges a pretty penny as well AFAIK. Laptop purchases seem akin to a lottery even after due-diligence is performed by the user before purchase.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
LIMBO wrote:

I had heard of hinge issues and the DC power jack being problematic in Acer Nitro series. So I rarely keep the lid closed other than when I am travelling with it. I almost always use the laptop plugged in so it’s not an issue. Newer Macbooks surprisingly suffer from quite a few issues as well. Only thing a consumer can do is get the longest warranty extension possible and not splurge on too expensive offerings. Warranty extension in case of Macbooks costs a bomb reportedly/ Dell charges a pretty penny as well AFAIK. Laptop purchases seem akin to a lottery even after due-diligence is performed by the user before purchase.

This is my Father’s HP laptop. Currently I am using MacBook Pro M1.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Deal_Freak wrote:

Except screen and motherboard, everything has been replaced due to malfunctioning of parts including keyboard, trackpad, battery, DC converter socket, back panel due to broken hinge (but was covered under 1 year accidental damage warranty). It is a premium laptop from HP Envy series that costed me for Rs 80000 purchased from Croma Retail Store and bought it in September 2020. I have filed my case in October 2020 at the Consumer Court 

Bro, you filed your cased within two months(best case scenario) of purchase. Within two months, it got some severe internal malfunction, but also you claimed an accidental warranty! Hasn’t your service center suggested replacing the whole unit under the accidental policy? Also, have they denied the repair against liquid damage? Your scenario is hard to digest as My brother got replaced by his Dell after ~18 months(extended warranty) and without an Accidental damage policy because of internal malfunction. HP and DELL are comparatively good in service among peers. 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

SAME timeline in Janakpuri, Delhi consumer court. My brother filed against dell for hinge repairing under warrenty but company denied to honor it stating normal wear and tear.

Now Cannot repair or use it since last 2.5 years due to ongoing case. He bought new laptop instead and now just keeping dell till case go on. 😪

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
neohelp wrote:

SAME timeline in Janakpuri, Delhi consumer court. My brother filed against dell for hinge repairing under warrenty but company denied to honor it stating normal wear and tear.

Now Cannot repair or use it since last 2.5 years due to ongoing case. He bought new laptop instead and now just keeping dell till case go on. 😪

@TempAcc DELL service reality.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
TempAcc wrote:

Bro, you filed your cased within two months(best case scenario) of purchase. Within two months, it got some severe internal malfunction, but also you claimed an accidental warranty! Hasn’t your service center suggested replacing the whole unit under the accidental policy? Also, have they denied the repair against liquid damage? Your scenario is hard to digest as My brother got replaced by his Dell after ~18 months(extended warranty) and without an Accidental damage policy because of internal malfunction. HP and DELL are comparatively good in service among peers. 

Bro first of all I would like to confirm you that I have not posted this discussion to gain some kind of sympathy from anyone. I need a genuine suggestion if anyone can help me regarding this issue. Secondly, please check official warranty policy from HP India regarding product replacement by contacting HP care, you will know the reality. There is no liquid damage in my laptop. Hinge broke because of a manufacturing design flaw from HP and the same was confirmed to me by the HP service engineer after examining my laptop. If you are still in doubt, buy any HP high end laptop and enjoy HP services.

EDIT: Reality of HP India services as Tweeted by Famous Indian Cricket Commentator Mr. Harsha Bhogle.

Link: https://twitter.com/bhogleharsha/status/1329297...

Pro Tech Guru Pro Tech Guru
Link Copied

Flaw in the hinge design has persisted in HP laptops since 2006 at least. It afflicted my first HP laptop ( 2008 model) pretty much right from the beginning. Got it replaced under warranty but soon after it’s expiry it reappeared. Put up with it for several years until the hinges, completely and utterly broke. 

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply