cred referral

178°

My friend used my referral link and made his first credit card bill around 50k using his netbanking, but we didn’t get any cashback? cry

I asked customer care and they said they couldn’t find any attribute link between my number and his number. It’s 100% lie as my friend
used the referral link and open the account in front of me and did the payment straight away. I told customer care to delete my account and my friend deleted his account too.

All these issue tickets are just crap, they don’t reply to it. Best way is to chat with them through the app (they are 24×7 live).

Did anyone face similar issue?

18 Comments  |  
12 Dimers
  • Sort By

Yes I didn’t get referal benefits many times

nandu.0076 wrote:

Yes I didn’t get referal benefits many times

But you have to raise ticket from the both accounts especially yours friend account

Kindly follow the steps mentioned below to link the referral:

1. Login to the CRED app and tap on the control center ( icon on the top right corner of the page)
2. Scroll down to find ‘Support’ and open it.
3. Tap on the ‘need more help?’ option.
4. Tap on referrals&gems
5. Tap on ’ I have been referred by a friend’
6. Tap on ’ I did not get gems’
7. In the next step please enter your referrer’s contact number and reconfirm the same.

Their interface is damn complex. I dont use cred unless its the last day for making payment of cc bill and have no other option

Tjs15 wrote:

Their interface is damn complex. I dont use cred unless its the last day for making payment of cc bill and have no other option

In the begining it was all nice and simple UI.
CRED just spoiled everything, should have kept debit card option with no rewards like Mobikwik at least

Expand
caks2006407 wrote:

In the begining it was all nice and simple UI.
CRED just spoiled everything, should have kept debit card option with no rewards like Mobikwik at least

In one of the interview, its founder said he was planning to make a community of people with good credit score since it was available on the basis of score but now it seems its going directionless and doesn’t even serve the purpose it was meant for

Tjs15 wrote:

yeah, i ended up deleting my account. Always the cashback is between the range rs. 1-10 for credit card bill payments above 30k. Also, couple of times, the money got stuck and the customer support is just pathetic! Didn’t want to find myself in this situation again.
Stupid customer care nevers calls me for my complaint. I had put a deletion request on their app, then they called me instantly and I asked the reason. They tried their best to persuade me not to delete the account. rolleyes I was so firm in my decision. Stupid people selling everyone’s credit card usage and bill payment patterns to third party companies! If you wanna delete their account, tell them firmly to delete your data, by default they delete only your account info instantly, but transaction patterns and data are still stored for a year for their audit.

Screenshot-2020-12-01-11-10-09-94

HDFC billpay support is at least awesome for me. Atleast, I am getting 1% cashback + rewards through my debit card payment, happy with this.

Expand
desidime__admin wrote:

yeah, i ended up deleting my account. Always the cashback is between the range rs. 1-10 for credit card bill payments above 30k. Also, couple of times, the money got stuck and the customer support is just pathetic! Didn’t want to find myself in this situation again.
Stupid customer care nevers calls me for my complaint. I had put a deletion request on their app, then they called me instantly and I asked the reason. They tried their best to persuade me not to delete the account. rolleyes I was so firm in my decision. Stupid people selling everyone’s credit card usage and bill payment patterns to third party companies! If you wanna delete their account, tell them firmly to delete your data, by default they delete only your account info instantly, but transaction patterns and data are still stored for a year for their audit.

Screenshot-2020-12-01-11-10-09-94

HDFC billpay support is at least awesome for me. Atleast, I am getting 1% cashback + rewards through my debit card payment, happy with this.

They get spending data only if enable cred protect. And with amex they have advanced integration which also requires our permission. I never allowed that even though the app tricks u into that

I have referred and got 10 gems also. But unable to redeem 2% cashback as it’s still showing locked

Can anybody tell me the process is it instant or takes some time to unlock

Expand
Abhinav_Pune wrote:

+1 poor tracking

But there is nothing called “poor tracking” in software, especially at Google’s end! Playstore always sends appropriate analytics data & metrics to all apps during install, should they need it.

So either the app tracks for all, or it doesn’t for all. Everything else is always intentional. ALWAYS.

Expand
atx88 wrote:

But there is nothing called “poor tracking” in software, especially at Google’s end! Playstore always sends appropriate analytics data & metrics to all apps during install, should they need it.

So either the app tracks for all, or it doesn’t for all. Everything else is always intentional. ALWAYS.

Whatever it may be. Either it may have glitches and google is no exception in software.
Every code have bugs. No one is defect free

Expand
Abhinav_Pune wrote:

Whatever it may be. Either it may have glitches and google is no exception in software.
Every code have bugs. No one is defect free

What you’re saying is true in general, but doesn’t apply here since playstore referral works fine and is already tested by thousands of developers.

Google is answerable to its clients (developers), that in case referral data isn’t correct, people will stop developing for google playstore or atleast publishing there. Where, Cred is not answerable to its clients (we, the end users). So problem lies with Cred only, which, even after tracking, at their wish can easily deny benefit saying referral didn’t work. It is something by unsaid policy, that you skip giving rewards at regular intervals. What can user do except write some complain mails? They’ll anyway say that tracking was not done, what can one do. From where would we get proof or reproduce this issue for evidence? Also, they don’t have to open their database access to us to check also right, so they can do anything. And expect such things always from shady companies.

Does anyone know how to use cred gems??

Missing