Credit card bill payment

121°
Deal Newbie
desidimerdime
I have to pay my credit card bill of 10,000 Rs. But an item that I purchased in previous cycle, I have got a refund of that of about 2000 Rs. So can I pay credit card bill payment of 8000 only and avoid any charges? Or do I need to pay 10,000 Rs only?
Expired
Disclaimer
We are not SEBI/IRDA registered. The information provided herein is for education purposes only. We will not be responsible for any of your profit/loss with this channel's suggestions. Consult your financial advisor before making any decisions.
12 Comments  |  
10 Dimers
  • Sort By
Cool Cool
Link Copied
Check statement and if due is less days better to pay 10k

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Didn't quite get you

Pro DealBaba Pro DealBaba
Link Copied

if u are confused then either mail to cc and get thngs on mail or

pay what your statement shows

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Please check your unbilled transactions OR current credit card transactions (for which statement has not been generated).
If you can see the INR 2000 actually credited in your transactions, then you can pay the balance INR 8000.

It's like paying in installments.
Total value of credit transactions before your bill due date should be atleast equal to your credit card bill value.

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied

You to pay ₹10K (if refund got credited in this billing cycle). If your billing cycle starts from 16 of each month, and amount got credited on/after 16, you have to pay full amount.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Dear Customer,

Greetings from ICICI Bank.

We have received merchant credit refund on your ICICI Bank Credit Card XXXXXX for INR 400 on March 16, 2023 from XXXXXXXXXX

We wish to inform you that this refund will not be considered as payment

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Yes icici is kind enough to tell. Good gesture. Atleast charges can be avoided due to confusion.

View 2 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Pay what is mentioned in account statement before due date. This rule will help to avoid charges in all banks.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

...i wud never take chances with these things....pay 10k...sleep easy...

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

This is weird!

By that logic, if the 4000 can be adjusted in the next cycle, then why not adjust it in this cycle?? The credit has been received already!!

Afai remember, HDFC allows adjustment in the same cycle.

Can any one highlight for other bank cards where you have faced such instance?

replyuser
Click here to reply