Hot Deal Did amazon stopped Gift Voucher payment from Credit Card

936°
Missing
Shopping Friend
265
9531
126

According to me as per my observation amazon removing CC option to pay for Giftcards – Physical as well as email
Because on all the other products CC payment working fine but for GV purchase its not working

May be temporary issue but its very serious if its permanent

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/624716/medium/6773838screenshot-1437.jpg?1594467681

Currently your bank is unable to process card payments due to technical issue. Please use an alternate payment method
Amazon Gv Payment Page

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/624717/medium/6773838screenshot-1438.jpg?1594467685

Normal Order Payment Page

Deal Wiki

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/624722/medium/1166959screenshot-1439.jpg?1594470416

On amazon email gv credit card started working.
115 Comments  |  
43 Dimers
Missing
Critic
374
1627
28

Dimers be like -

Keh do mujhe k ye jhooth hai. 🙈🙈

T- Very Serious. toungueout

Missing
Deal Newbie
79
36
0

Somehow it seems to be working with Amex as of now..

Missing
Shopping Friend
265
9531
126
sumiitsk wrote:

Somehow it seems to be working with Amex as of now..

yes only amex working

Missing
Deal Subedar
4
1218
11

Getting same message in HDFC, SBI, ICICI cc pensive

Missing
Deal Cadet
179
582
2

Clearly the error is saying as Technical glitch.
Have patience people!!! 🤷🏻‍♂️

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
354
6696
147

More than 95% purchase of GV will likely be from CCs only. So Doubt it will be removed But you never know.

Missing
Community Angel
67
4151
49

If this happens, me tennu chhaddanga nai Shreya

Missing
Deal Subedar
544
1056
19

I am surprised that even amazon ICICI ccard is not being allowed

Missing
Deal Subedar
544
1056
19

I understand this is a change , but trying to understand why would this be an impact at all, we can use credit card to shop/bill payment on Amazon.

Why would someone use buy gift cards other than genuine case of gifting or some discount on gift cards.

BTW, add money to Amazon wallet using any of the credit card is still working.

Missing
Tech Guru
193
2087
107

Aur Karo 2 months mein 18-20 lakh ke gv buy ab kisi ka apay card block nahi hoga

Missing
Community Angel
170
32627
535
soccergiants wrote:

More than 95% purchase of GV will likely be from CCs only. So Doubt it will be removed But you never know.

flushed 95 seems too optimistic for india
Missing
Shopping Friend
334
7769
115

RBI ki guideline hai.

Credit card se PPI/gift card nahi kharid sakte

Missing
Deal Cadet
168
835
12
abhishek012 wrote:

RBI ki guideline hai.

Credit card se PPI/gift card nahi kharid sakte

Then trading section in dd won’t be there

Missing
Deal Subedar
4
1132
12

This was bound to happen as Woohoo / Qwikcilver had also stopped accepting credit cards for purchase of Amazon GV.

And all gift cards sold on Amazon is a case where Amazon acts as a reseller for Qwikcilver.

So not a surprising decision at all, I don’t think any RBI policy has come in for this.

Also would like to add Amazon’s perspective here , the incoming Discount / commission margin for them would be 1-2% which gets offset by the payment gateway charges for credit cards which can go to as high as 3.3% in case of Amex cards.

Hence this was a prudent descision on Amazon’s end to stop selling gift cards using credit cards. This measure also ensures that abuse of gift cards is eliminated.

Missing
Shopping Friend
334
7769
115

Update – HDFC RuPay Credit card working on amazon gv purchase 🤣🤣

but Andhra Bank RuPay Credit card not working

Missing
Deal Cadet
72
509
6

How about using these methods…
CC>payzapp card>Amazon
CC>Airtel wallet (netbanking)>Amazon

I have not tried them yet.

Missing
Critic
335
1363
21
ramadesidime wrote:

How about using these methods…
CC>payzapp card>Amazon
CC>Airtel wallet (netbanking)>Amazon

I have not tried them yet.

I don’t think you can use wallet(payzapp card is also basically that only, a true virtual debit card would be kotak 811 with full kyc) to buy amazon gift card.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
354
6696
147

It looks like Its Over. No more purchase of Amazon GV by Credit Cards.
Only option left now with some Discount and also CC as payment is Mobikwik. But only 20 super cash applicable per transaction. Max Purchase is 3 per day.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
354
6696
147
jainashish85 wrote:

I understand this is a change , but trying to understand why would this be an impact at all, we can use credit card to shop/bill payment on Amazon.

Why would someone use buy gift cards other than genuine case of gifting or some discount on gift cards.

BTW, add money to Amazon wallet using any of the credit card is still working.

Add Money and Purchase of GV is treated differently for REWARDS. Add money is shown as Amazon Pay and Gift purchase is Shown as Amazon. If in statement if it shown Amazon Pay then you get lower rewards in Both Amazon Pay ICICI Card and SBI Simply click.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
354
6696
147
drupal wrote:

Aur Karo 2 months mein 18-20 lakh ke gv buy ab kisi ka apay card block nahi hoga

Blocked for all credit cards not only Apay.

Missing
Deal Subedar
0
1777
22
Expand
soccergiants wrote:

Add Money and Purchase of GV is treated differently for REWARDS. Add money is shown as Amazon Pay and Gift purchase is Shown as Amazon. If in statement if it shown Amazon Pay then you get lower rewards in Both Amazon Pay ICICI Card and SBI Simply click.

Add money is showing as amazon in my statement, not as amazon pay

Missing
Tech Guru
193
2087
107

They may come with different MCC gateway for gv purchase like Flipkart, before lifting the ban

Missing
Critic
335
1363
21
Expand
soccergiants wrote:

Add Money and Purchase of GV is treated differently for REWARDS. Add money is shown as Amazon Pay and Gift purchase is Shown as Amazon. If in statement if it shown Amazon Pay then you get lower rewards in Both Amazon Pay ICICI Card and SBI Simply click.

SBI Simplyclick card stopped giving reward points for any wallet loading from 1st of july so zero reward points for adding money directly to amazon pay now.

Missing