Hot Deal

Did anyone apply for a passport more recently? What documents were required?

1026°
Deal Major
bobby_123

I checked the website and for me it said only 3 type of documents are needed. 

1. Address proof 

2. Birth proof and 

3. NonECR proof

When I checked the documents supported for them it said Aadhar works for address and birthproof. And for ECR I can show my degree certificate. Does this mean I carry only 2 documents?

115 Comments  |  
38 Dimers
  • Sort By
Delhi Capitals Delhi Capitals
Link Copied

Carry whatever documents you have, to ensure easy process

like aadhar, pan, electricity bill, 10th certificate etc. Just ensure no mismatch of details in documents.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

at the time of police verification chai paani might have to be given.how much?it is different from state to state.

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
kukdookoo wrote:

at the time of verification chai paani will have to be given.how much?it is different from state to state.

Chai Paani required for police verification naa vro not for registration… Ryt!?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
kukdookoo wrote:

at the time of police verification chai paani might have to be given.how much?it is different from state to state.

they are demanding 1000rs minimum

dono why this has to be given


Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

any one knows the procedure of getting passport if one doesnt have 10th certificate?

for non ecr …they mentioned 10th certificate….but we lost it somehow……now any way to get non ecr status?

Blogger Blogger
Link Copied

Go to the board and get a duplicate copy of 10th

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
Himanshu1234567 wrote:

Chai Paani required for police verification naa vro not for registration… Ryt!?

yes police verification, i have mentioned above later

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
geni wrote:

they are demanding 1000rs minimum

dono why this has to be given


law and order ha hi nahi dost is desh me. hamare yaha to 2000 maangte ha kam se kam

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Aadhaar and degree or +2 certificate is enough. I applied with these 2 only.

Chennai Super Kings Chennai Super Kings
Link Copied

@bobby_123

Only aadhar and mark certificate is enough.

If u have pan card, take that as well.

Don’t go with many documents and get in to trouble. ( If there is any mismatch in document detail it will lead into trouble).

Aadhar sud be in ur present address.
All documents u carry sud have exact same spelling in name, father name and same date of birth.

If all the above ok, then no issues.

Edit : card size aadhar not accepted (plastic card or laminated card).
They need full size aadhar which comes in post earlier or full size printout with digital signature verified Tick printed on it.

Chennai Super Kings Chennai Super Kings
Link Copied
geni wrote:

any one knows the procedure of getting passport if one doesnt have 10th certificate?

for non ecr …they mentioned 10th certificate….but we lost it somehow……now any way to get non ecr status?

As @rsai01 suggested, get a duplicate copy from the board. No other easy way.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
kukdookoo wrote:

at the time of police verification chai paani might have to be given.how much?it is different from state to state.

in my town the police called me to come to their office, after document verification he asked for ₹100, i offered a 2k note he asked for change, i told him to wait and i will get change from PI’s office, he said it’s ok and no need for ₹100 and you can go now. a week later i got my passport.

Deal Major Deal Major
Link Copied
Scorpion wrote:

@bobby_123

Only aadhar and mark certificate is enough.

If u have pan card, take that as well.

Don’t go with many documents and get in to trouble. ( If there is any mismatch in document detail it will lead into trouble).

Aadhar sud be in ur present address.
All documents u carry sud have exact same spelling in name, father name and same date of birth.

If all the above ok, then no issues.

yeah thanks brother

Chennai Super Kings Chennai Super Kings
Link Copied
Expand
bobby_123 wrote:

yeah thanks brother

Pls ck the edit comment also

Budding Star Budding Star
Link Copied
Expand
tank_u_m8 wrote:

in my town the police called me to come to their office, after document verification he asked for ₹100, i offered a 2k note he asked for change, i told him to wait and i will get change from PI’s office, he said it’s ok and no need for ₹100 and you can go now. a week later i got my passport.

Good for you
I was expecting whole note gone stating reason they won’t give change joy

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
tank_u_m8 wrote:

in my town the police called me to come to their office, after document verification he asked for ₹100, i offered a 2k note he asked for change, i told him to wait and i will get change from PI’s office, he said it’s ok and no need for ₹100 and you can go now. a week later i got my passport.

100rs.? lagta ha new joinee hoga

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
geni wrote:

any one knows the procedure of getting passport if one doesnt have 10th certificate?

for non ecr …they mentioned 10th certificate….but we lost it somehow……now any way to get non ecr status?

Find it on digilocker, and link your digilocker to the passport application.

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

For the Op, and others who get motivated from this topic. If you are carrying aadhaar, ensure you carry the full page aadhaar, and if its e-aadhaar, ensure the green tick (sign validated) on the print.

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
geni wrote:

they are demanding 1000rs minimum

dono why this has to be given


dont give them money invite them in cctv monitored room or place a video recording on mobile phone place it on an appropriate place in room  keep audio recording on in smartphone in your pocket and ask them whether everything is ok ? He will say yes. When he asks you money ask him kaisa Paisa now he will threaten you, just show tell him you are caught red handed seeking bribe I will forward you video to SP, 

paise mangne wala paise deke jayega 😊

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
geni wrote:

any one knows the procedure of getting passport if one doesnt have 10th certificate?

for non ecr …they mentioned 10th certificate….but we lost it somehow……now any way to get non ecr status?

Bro, google it. Google is best guide… 
https://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProje...

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied
Expand
drupal wrote:

dont give them money invite them in cctv monitored room or place a video recording on mobile phone place it on an appropriate place in room  keep audio recording on in smartphone in your pocket and ask them whether everything is ok ? He will say yes. When he asks you money ask him kaisa Paisa now he will threaten you, just show tell him you are caught red handed seeking bribe I will forward you video to SP, 

paise mangne wala paise deke jayega 😊

thulle se panga bahut mehnga padega, dost… sad toungueout

Cool Cool
Link Copied

Mumbai main kiya scene hai for police verification do they ask kharcha paani

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied
kukdookoo wrote:

at the time of police verification chai paani might have to be given.how much?it is different from state to state.

My friend gave ₹200-300 approx
Even the postman asks for chai pani in case of passport and that’s the only document they come to deliver at home 😄

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
drupal wrote:

dont give them money invite them in cctv monitored room or place a video recording on mobile phone place it on an appropriate place in room  keep audio recording on in smartphone in your pocket and ask them whether everything is ok ? He will say yes. When he asks you money ask him kaisa Paisa now he will threaten you, just show tell him you are caught red handed seeking bribe I will forward you video to SP, 

paise mangne wala paise deke jayega 😊

milega to kabhi kuch nahi.
you can get your money back if you send those videos to some department who will get bonus on taking action against these rishwatkhors.sab jagah paisa ka khel ha.
also this will involve your name in legal proceedings which could be bad for pr purposes.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
desiman wrote:

Mumbai main kiya scene hai for police verification do they ask kharcha paani

law and order kaha ha is desh me. bas rate ka farak hoga har state me.

Gujarat Titans Gujarat Titans
Link Copied
Expand
kukdookoo wrote:

law and order ha hi nahi dost is desh me. hamare yaha to 2000 maangte ha kam se kam

Urban area home delivery facilitation charges 

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

saath samundar par / videsh jaaney ke liye .. thoda chai / paani / kharchaa chalta hai . 

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
kukdookoo wrote:

100rs.? lagta ha new joinee hoga

No, old hi tha but police here doesn’t go for small money, they are always looking for big fishes where they can easily make 10-20 lakh within a week or so.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

original 12th marksheet, adhaar and pan thats it then 12th TC xerox, adhaar xerox, electricity xerox, pan xerox and 2 passport size pics at police station

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply