does kotak 811 account worth it?

116°

mainly looking for 0 balance account

18 Comments  |  
11 Dimers
  • Sort By

yes…it is the best zero balance account…using from 5 years…not a single rs extra charge…plus virtual debit card can be easily used for international transactions like..google play ,netflix etc

I’ve heard good things about it and some pretty good offers for KTK from time to time.. As a Bank and in Capital markets, they’re doing pretty good… Long term prospects for KTK !

tusharrai87839 wrote:

yes…it is the best zero balance account…using from 5 years…not a single rs extra charge…plus virtual debit card can be easily used for international transactions like..google play ,netflix etc

What are things to consider so i don’t get unnecessary charge or deduction ? Can i use UPI using this virtual debit card ?

Expand
sharmajikaladkahu wrote:

What are things to consider so i don’t get unnecessary charge or deduction ? Can i use UPI using this virtual debit card ?

Only… Charges are if you dont have amount in your account and transaction fails.. Nothing else… There is no requirement to keep money…. And there are offers that you keep certain amount for certain days.. They you get vouchers, gift cards… Yes you can use it as full fledged account.. Upi, Netbanking everything

Expand
teriab33 wrote:

A UPI ID has to be attached to a bank account number and not a card number.

You actually neee debit card in order to use upi, UPI pin can only be created by using debut card details.

Expand
tusharrai87839 wrote:

Only… Charges are if you dont have amount in your account and transaction fails.. Nothing else… There is no requirement to keep money…. And there are offers that you keep certain amount for certain days.. They you get vouchers, gift cards… Yes you can use it as full fledged account.. Upi, Netbanking everything

Thank you, in that case. I will try opening a account. Can i do it without aadhar ? Also is there charges also to deposit money in bank or withdrawl ? Upi charges ?

It’s also useful if you want to use your credit card to add money in bank and then you can transfer. It doesn’t charge any money.. where in Paytm and Mobikwik they charge some amount.

Expand
sharmajikaladkahu wrote:

Thank you, in that case. I will try opening a account. Can i do it without aadhar ? Also is there charges also to deposit money in bank or withdrawl ? Upi charges ?

Aadhar, pan must..and yes there are certain restrictions regarding using of branch… But online work.. Everything free

Expand
tusharrai87839 wrote:

Aadhar, pan must..and yes there are certain restrictions regarding using of branch… But online work.. Everything free

I don’t want to use aadhar man. Is there any way to open a account using pan or any other id ?

Expand
sharmajikaladkahu wrote:

I don’t want to use aadhar man. Is there any way to open a account using pan or any other id ?

You have to visit branch to submit valid address proof other than aadhaar. Why the hesitation in submitting Aadhaar? A bank might retrieve your aadhaar details if deemed necessary, as PAN and aadhaar are already linked.

Expand
ULYSSES wrote:

You have to visit branch to submit valid address proof other than aadhaar. Why the hesitation in submitting Aadhaar? A bank might retrieve your aadhaar details if deemed necessary, as PAN and aadhaar are already linked.

Yeah i forgot that, i also get my return filed using lawyer and he might already have linked pan with aadhar.
I’m so stupid.

But but now my pan and aadhar is already linked, then what does it actually mean ?

Expand
sharmajikaladkahu wrote:

Yeah i forgot that, i also get my return filed using lawyer and he might already have linked pan with aadhar.
I’m so stupid.

But but now my pan and aadhar is already linked, then what does it actually mean ?

Nothing changes for normal users. There are many fake active bank accounts and it’s difficult to trace culprits just with PAN as it’s quite easy to get a pan with fake details. Aadhaar and pan link will help police and IT to trace back. Fake aadhaar also exists but it’s little difficult to get without third party help. Even then it’s impossible to close all fake bank accounts as poor and innocent people’s ids are being used for fraud and some bank employees are also involved in opening new accounts with random aadhaar and pan without physical presence and knowledge of candidate.

Expand
ULYSSES wrote:

Nothing changes for normal users. There are many fake active bank accounts and it’s difficult to trace culprits just with PAN as it’s quite easy to get a pan with fake details. Aadhaar and pan link will help police and IT to trace back. Fake aadhaar also exists but it’s little difficult to get without third party help. Even then it’s impossible to close all fake bank accounts as poor and innocent people’s ids are being used for fraud and some bank employees are also involved in opening new accounts with random aadhaar and pan without physical presence and knowledge of candidate.

But otp is needed from bregistered mobile number of aadhar verification right ?
How can we as users will make sure our id’s are not misused at some point ?

i am daily getting sms from kotak bank to open zero balance account. God knows how ans why they are sending me. I never applied or even visited any kotak branch.

akki.akki wrote:

i am daily getting sms from kotak bank to open zero balance account. God knows how ans why they are sending me. I never applied or even visited any kotak branch.

Same here too

I have account with them then also getting messages smile smile smile

akki.akki wrote:

Same here. In both my numbers.

Missing