Does someone know how to get PF withdrawal from Pension Contribution?

84°
Deal Lieutenant
64
4629
42

Hi All,
I have around 3 lakh 10 thousand in my pf account a month ago. I have applied for 2.75 lakhs for my sister marriage on december month. First time i have selected covid pandemic since Marriage option was disabled. I got only 45000 out of 2.75 lakhs.(they excluded pension contribution amount). Then i applied again for another 1.50 lakhs and i got 90000 out 1.5 lakhs(again excluded pension contribution amount). I applied again for the third time for 1.50 lakhs and i got 83200 only.(only employee and employer share)

I am 31 years old. As far i know we can withdraw upto 90% of pf if pf account is less than 10 years.

Looks like they freezed pension contribution amount. I have around 1 lakh in pension contribution. Now i have only Rs. 50 in both employer and employee shares. Is there any way to get that amount? will i get amout from pension contribution now if i apply for 4th time now since i dont have money in Employer and employee share?

If dimers have any idea about the process please share your thoughts here. Thanks.

11 Comments  |  
8 Dimers
  • Sort By
273
5437
31

If the PF account(your service) is less than 10 years, I think you will be eligible for pension withdrawl. But if it 10+ years, then one is not eligible for withdrawl anymore. Better talk to EPFO or your employer’s payroll team to understand more. They will have more information/experience in dealing such things.

And regarding the other amount withdrawal, covid reason will only let you withdraw amount equal to three months of basic salary and dearness allowance or 75 per cent of the funds in the account, whichever is lower. So you could have chosen other options and specified your requirement. But anyway you seem to have hit the threshold.

64
4629
42
andromeda wrote:

If the PF account(your service) is less than 10 years, I think you will be eligible for pension withdrawl. But if it 10+ years, then one is not eligible for withdrawl anymore. Better talk to EPFO or your employer’s payroll team to understand more. They will have more information/experience in dealing such things.

And regarding the other amount withdrawal, covid reason will only let you withdraw amount equal to three months of basic salary and dearness allowance or 75 per cent of the funds in the account, whichever is lower. So you could have chosen other options and specified your requirement. But anyway you seem to have hit the threshold.

Thanks for your inputs. yeah that is what baffling me as well why they are not giving pension contribution amount since my pf account is less than 10 years.

They have disabled many options like “illness”, “90 % withdrawal before retirement” etc while apply the PF.

I will check with HR team regarding the same. Thank you.

126
2150
12

As per my knowledge in case of non employment of more than 2 month /1 month will give you right to withdraw your required pension amount nothing else. Hit like if plus1

64
4629
42
rockingneo wrote:

As per my knowledge in case of non employment of more than 2 month /1 month will give you right to withdraw your required pension amount nothing else. Hit like if plus1

Announcing non employment will be a problem for me. There will be communication between pf office and my office epf section directly. Will talk with my HR team by next week regarding pension contribution.

126
2150
12
Expand
kathiravankannan05748 wrote:

Announcing non employment will be a problem for me. There will be communication between pf office and my office epf section directly. Will talk with my HR team by next week regarding pension contribution.

That is same I am saying.  You can’t withdraw as rule is rule. MNCs have own pf team as they are exempt category and rest all have EPFO but follows same guidelines. I am sure your HR will say same thing 🙂

151
756
10

Also check for tax complications on withdrawal and enlighten us on the same

219
1371
15

You have to fill form 10C for pension withdrawal if service is less than 10 years. It looks like you have been applying through form 31, which is for PF amount only.

219
1371
15
happy_go_lucky wrote:

You have to fill form 10C for pension withdrawal if service is less than 10 years. It looks like you have been applying through form 31, which is for PF amount only.

@kathiravankannan05748 were you able to withdraw your pension amount ?
Yesterday I was helping someone in my office for withdrawing EPS amount and thought of you.

476
4436
51

If you are referring to EPS-95 contribution, that cannot be withdrawn under normal circumstances.
If the service period is less than 10 years, it can be withdrawn only if the person has become unemployed for more than 2 months and has remained unemployed on the date of application. If service is more than 10 years, then it cannot be withdrawn but pension can be drawn on completion of 58 years.
EPS-95 contribution is not shown in PF account and reflected on monthly basis separately. No accumulation is also shown, as it only counts months of service and not the contribution made. So not sure how you are considering the two together in your balance.
EPS-95 contribution goes directly to EPFO, irrespective of whether you are part of exempted trust or in non-exempted category.

0
3044
25

You cannot withdraw your pension if you are currently employed.

If you have urgent need then do some setting with HR to mark you as Resigned and get full pension then re apply for service.

Missing