Hot Deal

Don't get in trap of Flipkart's ₹149 Extended Warranty for 1 year.

495°
Deal Subedar
Par_

I bought Samsung F23 (at 13k) for one of my relative with 1 year extended warranty by seeting it at ₹149 and "absolutedly no hidden charges" etc. and other company's extended warranty was somewhat costly compared to this.

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/815368/medium/image.png?1665652704

I received below  "Flipkart Protect Extended Warranty - Terms and Conditions" in e-mail after phone delivery.

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/815369/medium/image.png?1665652824

So after 1yr, if something happens to phone and i need to avail warranty, i will need to pay 1,500 upfront. because even i ordered phone at 13k, MRP on box is 23,999 so i need to pay 1,500 first.

As usual customer said they can't do anything on this.

So if any of you see lucrative price of extended warranty and willing to take it, just beware of it. It is just a trap.

Expired
10 Comments  |  
10 Dimers
  • Sort By
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Thanks for sharing this valuable information and feedback. That is indeed helpful. 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Thanks for the info plus1
Like Magnet Like Magnet
Link Copied
"Never get in trap of ANY kind of flipkart warranty at all"
Finance Mentor Finance Mentor
Link Copied

I always stay alert to remove these pesky services in cart... even do not like jeeves demo/installation and go for company support if available.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Yes. Jeeves installation is worst.
Savings Mentor Savings Mentor
Link Copied

What a scam! And it's shameful that Flipkart partners with such sleezebag companies for their own profit.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied
What about tv extended warranty? many suggest to buy mi realme tvs with extended warranty, i always thought its scam by flipkart the terms r too good to be true
Finance Mentor Finance Mentor
Link Copied

@Jarvis.-. There are extended warranties offered by brands themselves and are costly but preferable if one wishes to take.

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

Don't bother contacting useless general support (All they do is lie). FK applied older EW plan to your device / shared the wrong offer terms

Old/Expired Flipkart Protect Extended Warranty

New Flipkart Protect Extended Warranty - TnC

As mentioned by FK on the listing page, there are no processing/hidden fees for current EW plans (/ at least for your device). Try contacting twitter support first & if you get the same "We can't do anything about this" response then reach out to escalations team (Escalations @ flipkart .com) but present your case in such a way that they won't be needing additional clarity from you / their own team

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied

wow i just saw this for the the phone i got for my dad. Luckily the 3 yr one assist plan i got for the laptop doesnt mention any such thing. I hope one assist is better at it. 

replyuser
Click here to reply