Earbuds for office calls

126°
Deal Lieutenant
BlueFlash

Right now I am using wireless headphones (Jabra Evolve 75) provided by my office; although it works great, especially the active noise cancellation, however I find it a bit uncomfortable for long time use (ears start paining as it’s an on-the-ear type). So I am planning to get a decent wireless earbud which should have a good noise cancellation and doesn’t emit my background noise to the listeners on the other side of the call. Budget can be till 4-5K, provided the features are at par (active noise cancellation, low latency, etc.); Not focused on songs/movies, so not looking for features like bass and all, just focused on calls quality.

Expired
21 Comments  |  
13 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

Are u sure they have active noise cancellation?
I think i have the same and that doesn’t have anc.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
kartikxxx wrote:

Are u sure they have active noise cancellation?
I think i have the same and that doesn’t have anc.

The Evolve 75 has ANC and it works really great. The other one that I had previously was Evolve 65, and that has PNC (passive) and that wasn’t anywhere near this one. Hence looking for a wireless earbud having a decent ANC for calls.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

If using Samsung devices, then their buds are fairly good.

Albeit it might need to be picked in the seconds market, to fit the price range.

Some previous versions might make it to the budgeted range with offers.


JVC’s HA-A50T which I tried few months back were above average in blocking out one’s background to others.

But it too has its pitfalls.

However, got reminded of them as you mention discomfort versus ease of prolonged use.

And those came with multiple sets of silicon and memory foam cushions.

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏
‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ 

But in-ear discomfort, uneasiness is really subjective.

I once had some amazing Sony ones, but had to ditch them for the same reason, when i switched temporarily to the Philips ones (without ANC) just because it was less cumbersome to use them for a couple of hours.‏‏

Sunrisers Hyderabad Sunrisers Hyderabad
Link Copied

Realme branded ones are good at this price point

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

try realme or nothing

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
BlueFlash wrote:

ears start paining as it’s an on-the-ear type

the outer ear structure and pathological health of the middle ear, internal structures IS designed to cope with microbial activity by being open to the atmosphere. 

The outer cushion on an over ear type (instead of the on-ear typd) might still give more comfort and safety… than habing the whole ear canal closed for prolonged periods.

(the increased heat and possible blockage of ear wax production/ increased moist environment might make the ear structures more susceptible. (Things may not be noticeable in initial years, but present themselves later.. even though some may or may not believe them to be the cause).

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Only AirPods provide good call quality. I have tried 6-7 different brands for phone call, the microphone does not work

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
kartikxxx wrote:

Are u sure they have active noise cancellation?
I think i have the same and that doesn’t have anc.

Bro, I too use Jabra evolve 75 given for free from office but ears pain after long usage

On right side, there is a button to turn on anc it works pretty good

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
sb584012 wrote:

Only AirPods provide good call quality. I have tried 6-7 different brands for phone call, the microphone does not work

Only¿ them🤨

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

As you said, your main focus is only on calls, Get Airpods if you are into Apple ecosystem.. if you are into Android, get Samsung Buds plus or later (Don’t get the first gen, I dont think they are selling them either way..)

I was on the same train around couple of years back.. I used Oneplus Wireless Neckband, Some Ear buds, Realme Neckband.. 

My friends have this Realme Earbuds as well

Main problems with Cheap Earbuds is background noise.. your microphone catches all the background noise and the person on the other side will hear it more.. I faced this and started using wired buds for few days, but later took Realme wireless 2 for the convenience of Bluetooth during calls and Battery.. This is kind of ok with calls..

My budget was low, so could not take Airpods or Samsung buds 2.. 

You may check Wireless Earbuds reviews on The Verge YouTube channel, Becca does this background noise check using some different methods.. This may help..

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
hogayakya wrote:

Only¿ them🤨

My table drawer is a graveyard of TWS earphones which people scream to I can’t hear you when used for calling. Only airpods work.

Chennai Super Kings Chennai Super Kings
Link Copied

TWS are just for listening and not for speaking as long as it’s not either airpods or samsung buds

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
wackophant wrote:

As you said, your main focus is only on calls, Get Airpods if you are into Apple ecosystem.. if you are into Android, get Samsung Buds plus or later (Don’t get the first gen, I dont think they are selling them either way..)

I was on the same train around couple of years back.. I used Oneplus Wireless Neckband, Some Ear buds, Realme Neckband.. 

My friends have this Realme Earbuds as well

Main problems with Cheap Earbuds is background noise.. your microphone catches all the background noise and the person on the other side will hear it more.. I faced this and started using wired buds for few days, but later took Realme wireless 2 for the convenience of Bluetooth during calls and Battery.. This is kind of ok with calls..

My budget was low, so could not take Airpods or Samsung buds 2.. 

You may check Wireless Earbuds reviews on The Verge YouTube channel, Becca does this background noise check using some different methods.. This may help..

@sb584012 @chota_chattri Apple AirPods and Samsung Buds are way out of my budget, itne ameer bhi nahi hai Bhai XD

I think I will checkout Realme Buds Air 3, it has ANC and the ratings are decent (especially for the ANC part); will see some reviews and then decide.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
BlueFlash wrote:

@sb584012 @chota_chattri Apple AirPods and Samsung Buds are way out of my budget, itne ameer bhi nahi hai Bhai XD

I think I will checkout Realme Buds Air 3, it has ANC and the ratings are decent (especially for the ANC part); will see some reviews and then decide.

Pls let us know what you decide to buy and how it turns out. I’m also looking for earphones to attend calls.


Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
BlueFlash wrote:

@sb584012 @chota_chattri Apple AirPods and Samsung Buds are way out of my budget, itne ameer bhi nahi hai Bhai XD

I think I will checkout Realme Buds Air 3, it has ANC and the ratings are decent (especially for the ANC part); will see some reviews and then decide.

Bro, wait for sale and discount and go with Jabra tws na

I haven’t used them Jabra tws but I think they are par high

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
iron-man wrote:

Bro, wait for sale and discount and go with Jabra tws na

I haven’t used them Jabra tws but I think they are par high

i can’t help you with this except telling you which brands do not work Boat, Realme, Dizo, Xmate and Truke.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
pranavcool wrote:

for calls better avoid tws

suggest alternatives in that case…

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
BlueFlash wrote:

suggest alternatives in that case…

Neckband. Realme Buds Wireless 2 or any other higher if your budget allows

Cool Cool
Link Copied
Expand
BlueFlash wrote:

suggest alternatives in that case…

Bro airpods le lo , below 10k mil jayega
Worth it hai, haan agar Apple ecosystem m nahi ho to zyada benefits nahi le paoge

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply