Hot Deal Elon Musk Satellite Internet /much like dth coming to India very soon [email protected] a month with speed crossing 100mbps and Upload speed 30x of current users .Gets ready to experience next generation Internet

301°
Deal Cadet

Starlink Internet coming soon …Will target Jio fiber in India

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/t...

37 Comments  |  
19 Dimers
  • Sort By

Dude the day Starlink comes here, jio/SHITtel will go down the drain.
I am skeptical about the price that’s mentioned there but it is going to make Musk’s nw surpass $250bn.

Kindly update the price on the title…@500 is misleading …

In US he charged around $500 for setup and $99 monthly .also speed was around 100/20Mbps…far less than what fixed broadband is capable of…he is planning only in remote areas ..where non of broadband services are available.
One will need proper dish type equipment + routers etc.. installation will be high compared to fixed broadband..+ recurring monthly he won’t be able to match with telecom companies.. Fiber is cheapest and most efficient way to carry signals

Sudarshan61 wrote:

Kindly update the price on the title…@500 is misleading …

In US he charged around $500 for setup and $99 monthly .also speed was around 100/20Mbps…far less than what fixed broadband is capable of…he is planning only in remote areas ..where non of broadband services are available.
One will need proper dish type equipment + routers etc.. installation will be high compared to fixed broadband..+ recurring monthly he won’t be able to match with telecom companies.. Fiber is cheapest and most efficient way to carry signals

Let him launch thousands more of those satellites with Starship then price will go down and speed will increase but 500 pm in India will never happen.

Indeed we need a new player in the market.

Naah, the model works in the US, where people go off to remote locations or ranches and live there and might not work in India… The population living that remote in India are people who might not be able to afford the internet..
City users well the gamers and WFH VPN users, they’d hate the Sat stuff due to the latency..

So it will be world’s richest vs India’s richest….. Maza aayegaa

VSAT has been the only option for many places in India. This may become a new option for them.

50Mb/s to 150Mb/s

More than enough for majority ( based on user feedback its mostly 100Mb/s)
If they launch the same @ even 700pm its gonna be better than the rest (Minus few local options)

JioFiber even after 17 months from its launch, they’re still struggling to cover majority of areas here in Bengaluru
And they charge 1.5k as deposit (refundable) and 2.5k (w/ 4K set top box).. if Starlink is going to provide with setup at ~3k (even though its chargeable).. I think it would be a better option for those areas with limited internet options (Even within a city limit)

Nighthawk69 wrote:

Indeed we need a new player in the market.

➕1
are you okay bith Birgin, if they cum here?
[i sure think they too can do something bith Cosmic Girl (if they bant to)].

@sence @saucap @Alpha.Barood @cybertechie @panchabhut @A2Zdeals @EzioAuditore @RichSoul i wonder if you caught up with this development.
[as in, not only is Richard Branson a maverick, but this whole: launching (for now) mini satellites from a 747 that is already at FL350, gives them that much more leverage, strategic advantage. Unlike ISRO or even SpaceX, they would not be bogged down as much… by geographical issues, extra (fuel) stages/ propulsion systems].

of-course i am assuming that the (football sized or thereabouts?) mini satellites as launched by ISRO or the payload (same: mini satellite) put in orbit by Virgin are capable of helping mass marketed services (for example: internet connectivity).

myfungang829 wrote:

So it will be world’s richest vs India’s richest….. Maza aayegaa

Even today he is 2.5x more richer than Ambani but Ambani owns every party here so it will be difficult for him.

Expand
gsm75 wrote:

➕1
are you okay bith Birgin, if they cum here?
[i suar think they too can do something bith Cosmic Girl (if they bant to)].

@sence @saucap @Alpha.Barood @cybertechie @A2Zdeals @EzioAuditore @RichSoul i wonder if you caught up with this development.
[as in, not only is Richard Branson a maverick, but this whole: launching (for now) mini satellites from a 747 that is already at FL350, gives them that much more leverage, strategic advantage. Unlike ISRO or even SpaceX, they would not be bogged down as much… by geographical issues, extra (fuel) stages/ propulsion systems].

of-course i am assuming that the (football sized or thereabouts?) mini satellites as launched by ISRO or the payload (same: mini satellite) put in orbit by Virgin are capable of helping mass marketed services (for example: internet connectivity).

Google Starship. Cheaper and can carry more payload.

So what happens when it’s cloudy?

Expand
billubakra wrote:

…Ambani owns every party here so it will be difficult for him…

Dhirubhai’s philosophy was to ‘manage’.
saam, daam, bhed and rarely dand. https://www.insightsonindia.com/2019/09/07/7-ex...
that… is also how their share prices (return to investors/masses) would hardly ever fall in the 1980s, 1990s.
(Brokers, persons acting in concert https://uk.practicallaw.thomsonreuters.com/0-10... were instructed to manage/ keep the prices up).

the philosophy continues.
they ‘adapt’ and adapt FAST, when needed.
Owning or not owning is just a by-product (of sorts).
THIS VERY government fought RIL ‘tooth and nail’ (and took them to court) when Reliance group tried to pare their debt by selling off part of their energy (petrochemicals) business to the Saudis (Aramco).
And (the government) stopped Reliance in its tracks.

But that did not stop RIL from getting investors (monies to pare down the debt in group companies).
They (RIL) have (by whatever means) developed the credibility, that they used to get loans at rates cheaper than the rates at which Napaakistan got loans.
and listed companies like Facebook, ABC Inc./Google (with their own investors) are so eager to invest in RIL.

and for them, nothing and nobody is untouchable.
They were ready to sell meat products through their retail stores, but only backed down due to community backlash (that we/XYZs are vegetarians, our company ought not to sell non-veg fare).
It is only a matter of time when Mr. Jeffrey Bezos and Mr. Mukesh Ambani would take more selfies with each other …than even those peacocks who take selfies with @mitroN56

Expand
billubakra wrote:

Google Starship. Cheaper and can carry more payload.

thanks, noted!
yes, i missed out on that.
off to checking more about it.

andromeda wrote:

according to my raw wisdom cloud cover and rains could be beneficial.

Expand
gsm75 wrote:

according to my raw wisdom cloud cover and rains could be beneficial.

If it’s satellite link similar to DTH, then I doubt. Anyhow time to include in the reading list

Expand
gsm75 wrote:

Yeh Rocket 🚀 ko dhakka dete dete koi plane✈️ se neeche 🤸‍♂️🤸‍♂️ naa gir jaaye 😬

Expand
saucap wrote:

toungueout lol
Expand
andromeda wrote:

Anyhow time to include in the reading list

https://www.google.com/search?q=according+to+my...

sorry for setting the wrong expectations.
it was in lighter vein only.

I don’ t think they can provide cheap internet in India. May be they target above middle class people who can spend 4-5k permonth on internet. I read somewhere that Startlink satellite’s life span is around 5yr.

Only for remote locations!

East or west JJ ka ISP is the best wink sunglasses sweat_smile laughing

Expand
saucap wrote:

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/661704/original/7338404image.gif?1611477431

Expand
goss8877 wrote:

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/661704/medium/7338404image.gif?1611477431

😘😘

Even he try to catch indian market, chaddi chadani will make sure JIO remains in monopoly.

andromeda wrote:

Starlinks are in lower earth orbit. Plus your mobile connection keeps on working when it’s cloudy, right?

Expand
gsm75 wrote:

Dhirubhai’s philosophy was to ‘manage’.
saam, daam, bhed and rarely dand. https://www.insightsonindia.com/2019/09/07/7-ex...
that… is also how their share prices (return to investors/masses) would hardly ever fall in the 1980s, 1990s.
(Brokers, persons acting in concert https://uk.practicallaw.thomsonreuters.com/0-10... were instructed to manage/ keep the prices up).

the philosophy continues.
they ‘adapt’ and adapt FAST, when needed.
Owning or not owning is just a by-product (of sorts).
THIS VERY government fought RIL ‘tooth and nail’ (and took them to court) when Reliance group tried to pare their debt by selling off part of their energy (petrochemicals) business to the Saudis (Aramco).
And (the government) stopped Reliance in its tracks.

But that did not stop RIL from getting investors (monies to pare down the debt in group companies).
They (RIL) have (by whatever means) developed the credibility, that they used to get loans at rates cheaper than the rates at which Napaakistan got loans.
and listed companies like Facebook, ABC Inc./Google (with their own investors) are so eager to invest in RIL.

and for them, nothing and nobody is untouchable.
They were ready to sell meat products through their retail stores, but only backed down due to community backlash (that we/XYZs are vegetarians, our company ought not to sell non-veg fare).
It is only a matter of time when Mr. Jeffrey Bezos and Mr. Mukesh Ambani would take more selfies with each other …than even those peacocks who take selfies with @mitroN56

I am not criticizing Ambani. Every party s*cks c*cks of big businessman all around the world. The point is that India is Ambani’s den. Google why the goi ignored Bezos when he came to India last year. These politicians will not let any big corp mess with Ambani. Ultimately who’s at loss? People like us.

Expand
saucap wrote:

Funny bro smile But NASA has been doing that since the 1970’s when our ancestors were busy in emergency and what not.

Missing