Hot Deal

Everything you should know about sunscreen

864°
Community Angel
Floriya
Admin

This year it’s scorching hot, and we all need a good skin protector to shield our skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays. Whether it is sunny or winter, a good sunscreen is a must in our vanity.

If you are here, I hope this thread will help you understand sunscreen and its factors & types.

Before we look into sunscreen, first let us look into the type of UV rays.

  1. UVA (Ultraviolet A)UVA has higher wavelengths. Hence it penetrates deep into the skin layers, it can penetrate in the middle layer of your skin called dermis which can lead to premature aging and wrinkling of the skin.

  2. UVB (ultraviolet B) – It has shorter wavelength compared to UVA and can not penetrate deeper into the skin unlike UVA, Because of which it affects the superficial layer of skin severely causing sunburn and damaging Epidermis (outer layer).


https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/755536/medium/83482791648617407_6.?1648617408


Now, we know the difference between UVA and UVB rays, let’s continue with our main topic on how to protect our skin from these rays.

Some common ingredients in sunscreen and how do they work?
There are many active ingredients that help us in protecting our skin and these are categorized into two- Physical blockers and chemical absorbers.
1. The common Physical blockers are titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. They create a physical barrier between the skin and UV rays.
2. Chemical absorbers include oxybenzone, avobenzone, homosalate, and octinoxate. These Chemical absorbers absorb UV rays so that our skin doesn’t absorb them.


https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/755537/medium/83482791648617411_0.?1648617413


What do SPF ratings mean?
SPF means Sun Protection Factor. So SPF determines the degree of protection against UVB rays. SPF 15 blocks around 93% of UVB rays, SPF 30 blocks 97%, and SPF 50 blocks around 98%. It is recommended to stay between 30 and 50 SPF. To make sure you’re using sunscreen protection against both UVB and UVA rays, you should look for the term “broad-spectrum.”

Some may think SPF is an important factor to be considered for protection, it indeed is but then the very important part is How & when to Apply sunscreen?

1. Always wear sunscreen 30 minutes before you go out. It helps in absorbing cream in skin creating a barrier on skin.
2.Apply a generous amount of sunscreen.
3. Reapply after every 1/2 hours.


Expired

Deal Wiki

36 Comments  |  
22 Dimers
  • Sort By
Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied

Ha 🔥

If I go out in the 🌞, once a day, didn’t get option in poll while answering,

good recommendations on deal wiki, 

I think you can add Lotus herbals SPF50 Sunscreen too, it’s good 

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Neutrogena Ultra sheer dry touch spf 50 is awesome

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

didi koi cream btao jise use karne se shakal rajpal yadav se tom cruise jaisi ban jaye

Blogger Blogger
Link Copied
kukdookoo wrote:

didi koi cream btao jise use karne se shakal rajpal yadav se tom cruise jaisi ban jaye

U might try Ujjala, char bundo wala.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
flawlessking wrote:

U might try Ujjala, char bundo wala.

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/755564/medium/oo.jpg?1648625669

shakal badalni ha, ujala nahi karna

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

There really is no need to use sunscreen creams under normal circumstances. A little sun exposure is good for your health as your body needs the crucial vitamin D which requires at least 20 minutes of sun exposure per day. Most sunscreen lotions contain harmful ingredients. We are in our natural habitat. We are on the same planet where we were born. Our bodies and skin are made for the sun. The only time it might be necessary is if you are going to be in the sun for a long time without a break like sitting or walking on the beach for an extended period or riding a bike for several hours in the sun. Otherwise, for normal activities, you go in and out of the sun without any issues. People have survived for thousands of years without it. In fact, skin cancer rates are the lowest in hot countries like India and are the highest in cold places.

Community Angel Community Angel
Admin
Link Copied
Lobogris wrote:

There really is no need to use sunscreen creams under normal circumstances. A little sun exposure is good for your health as your body needs the crucial vitamin D which requires at least 20 minutes of sun exposure per day. Most sunscreen lotions contain harmful ingredients. We are in our natural habitat. We are on the same planet where we were born. Our bodies and skin are made for the sun. The only time it might be necessary is if you are going to be in the sun for a long time without a break like sitting or walking on the beach for an extended period or riding a bike for several hours in the sun. Otherwise, for normal activities, you go in and out of the sun without any issues. People have survived for thousands of years without it. In fact, skin cancer rates are the lowest in hot countries like India and are the highest in cold places.

Though rate of skin cancer is lower in India & it may not work for you but it differ for people sensitive or people suffering with skin problems.

At least, for me it worked well as i have combination skin type so whenever i have to travel my skin tends to be more oily which cause irritation and redness sometimes, using sunscreen has definitely helped me with my irritation. 😇

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
Floriya wrote:

Though rate of skin cancer is lower in India & it may not work for you but it differ for people sensitive or people suffering with skin problems.

At least, for me it worked well as i have combination skin type so whenever i have to travel my skin tends to be more oily which cause irritation and redness sometimes, using sunscreen has definitely helped me with my irritation. 😇

which is good for very oily skin?

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
kukdookoo wrote:

itne me to mera 4 mahine ka nahane ka sabun a jaye

Bhai sabun se sun protection nahi hoti na wink 

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
androgame wrote:

Bhai sabun se sun protection nahi hoti na wink 

sigma males dont require sun protection.sun requires protection from sigma males

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
kukdookoo wrote:

didi koi cream btao jise use karne se shakal rajpal yadav se tom cruise jaisi ban jaye

Salman wala cream

Sunrisers Hyderabad Sunrisers Hyderabad
Link Copied

No need of sunscreen… Apply alovera gel.. be natural…

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
Expand
androgame wrote:

Bhai sabun se sun protection nahi hoti na wink 

You can make thick foam of Sabun and apply it all over body before having exposure to sun.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

How is Minimalist spf50 sunscreen? is it actually that good as people say?

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Acne Uv gel Suncreen is also good.. specially for oily skins.. Doesn’t leave a white cast 

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

Good topic. plus1

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Good Topic …. 

Try 6 sunscreen @ 199/- from Smitten …. and decide what is working for you…

I found Plum Sunscreen working for me …..  

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
kukdookoo wrote:

didi koi cream btao jise use karne se shakal rajpal yadav se tom cruise jaisi ban jaye

plastic surgery tru kro ek baar smile

Vanguard Vanguard
Link Copied
avijeet wrote:

Good Topic …. 

Try 6 sunscreen @ 199/- from Smitten …. and decide what is working for you…

I found Plum Sunscreen working for me …..  

Ek sath pure 6 kaise lagaye? Layer ban jayega

Vanguard Vanguard
Link Copied
Expand
kukdookoo wrote:

sigma males dont require sun protection.sun requires protection from sigma males

Simga wala Music bajne laga grinning

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
akki.akki wrote:

plastic surgery tru kro ek baar smile

Agar itna paisa hota to bhai aj desi Bilzerian hota

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply