exif data remover software

102°
Deal Lieutenant
kukdookoo

Friends which is good software to remove exif data from files? FileMind Quick Fix stopped working after latest windows update.looking for one which is as simple as FileMind Quick Fix.

@getready @LIMBO @guest_999 @andromeda

Expired
10 Comments  |  
4 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Been using ExifCleaner since ages, it’s open source and privacy oriented too.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
BlueFlash wrote:

Been using ExifCleaner since ages, it’s open source and privacy oriented too.

thanks. it removes all exif data. is there similar software which lets user to remove selective data? is there a way to keep backup of the original file?

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
getready wrote:

Dunno if its the best but i use this

ExifTool by Phil Harvey

2 problems – whenever all the exif data is removed it changes the orientation of the target file.If we reorient it using windows photos, the exif starts to show Windows Photo editor. If we again use exiftool it removes that but then again the orientation changes.what is solution for this?

- If we select the option to keep the backup of the source files then it adds the name like original after the .jpg extension and it needs to be removed manually to access the original file.what is solution for this?

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
kukdookoo wrote:

2 problems – whenever all the exif data is removed it changes the orientation of the target file.If we reorient it using windows photos, the exif starts to show Windows Photo editor. If we again use exiftool it removes that but then again the orientation changes.what is solution for this?

- If we select the option to keep the backup of the source files then it adds the name like original after the .jpg extension and it needs to be removed manually to access the original file.what is solution for this?

The changes are made to the original file, so this renaming the original file is must to keep both files 

AND..
How are you removing the metadata? 
Same command? 
exiftool -all= <Location of the pic>


Never had any issues with orientation while using this

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
getready wrote:

The changes are made to the original file, so this renaming the original file is must to keep both files 

AND..
How are you removing the metadata? 
Same command? 
exiftool -all= <Location of the pic>


Never had any issues with orientation while using this

FileMind Quick Fix kept the original file like this, original file A. after exif A- original rather than renaming the extension


AND..
How are you removing the metadata?
Same command?
exiftool -all= <Location of the pic>


Never had any issues with orientation while using this


yes doing the same but the orientation changes which defeats the purpose sad

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
kukdookoo wrote:

thanks. it removes all exif data. is there similar software which lets user to remove selective data? is there a way to keep backup of the original file?

Nearly all exif meta data remover (including the one that I use – ExifCleaner) is based on the ExifTool https://exiftoo...g/ codebase as suggested by @getready . If this can’t do your job, then none can. However I believe that this can easily handle your scenarios, it’s just that it’s a bit complicated to fully make use of it’s potential. I personally haven’t used it much since it’s way too complicated if you just want a basic exif cleaner, but if you want a customized one, this would be right choice; you just need to go through documentation to get the right setting to get your job done.


Also as a side note, do note that a manual “orientation” of a pic, is also a part of exif/metadata actually. When you “soft” rotate a pic, the pic’s data doesn’t get rotated, only the metadata has a different orientation property; a “hard” rotate would be a different thing though which transpose the bits. You can use this command to retain your orientation in such cases: exiftool -all:all= -tagsFromFile @ -exif:Orientation example.jpg (this is basically telling to remove all exif except orientation)

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
BlueFlash wrote:

Nearly all exif meta data remover (including the one that I use – ExifCleaner) is based on the ExifTool https://exiftoo...g/ codebase as suggested by @getready . If this can’t do your job, then none can. However I believe that this can easily handle your scenarios, it’s just that it’s a bit complicated to fully make use of it’s potential. I personally haven’t used it much since it’s way too complicated if you just want a basic exif cleaner, but if you want a customized one, this would be right choice; you just need to go through documentation to get the right setting to get your job done.


Also as a side note, do note that a manual “orientation” of a pic, is also a part of exif/metadata actually. When you “soft” rotate a pic, the pic’s data doesn’t get rotated, only the metadata has a different orientation property; a “hard” rotate would be a different thing though which transpose the bits. You can use this command to retain your orientation in such cases: exiftool -all:all= -tagsFromFile @ -exif:Orientation example.jpg (this is basically telling to remove all exif except orientation)

Kg+ 22g
Paji what is difference between soft and hard rotate?

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply