Fire TV Stick Consuming Lot of batteries.

173°
Deal Subedar
187
1486
7

Hi all.
I am using Fire TV Stick for more than 2 years and in these 2 years its remote has consumed 18 pair of duracell AAA batteries. total cost battries goes around 1600.

One fine day I heard a very low beep sound coming out from the remote. When put it near my ear then it was clear that either the remote is recording something or there is some circuit issue in the remote which is resulting i.n high consumtion of batteries.

Guys – you also please check/listen if there is any beep sound coming from the remote ? ( but make sure to check this in a very quite room).

26 Comments  |  
15 Dimers
  • Sort By
99
1980
19

May be faulty remote. Listening button mic symbol button might be in keep on pressed mode or the board might have some contact due to moisture. Change the remote.

What happens when you say any task without pressing listening mic button?

187
1486
7
JaiKrish1031 wrote:

May be faulty remote. Listening button mic symbol button might be in keep on pressed mode or the board might have some contact due to moisture. Change the remote.

What happens when you say any task without pressing listening mic button?

nothing happens if say something without pressing the mic button.

50
420
4

18 pairs of batteries..I am using firestick since a year and never changed batteries till now….

187
1486
7
JaiKrish1031 wrote:

Source: Quora
You need to reset the remote as reason is firmware update.
Press Left+Back+Options Button together for 10 Seconds.
Remote resets and doesn’t work few seconds as it reconnects again.
When is reconnects it would last long now.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display...

thanks buddy, kg+, will try this tomorrow.

88
252
3
Expand
akki.akki wrote:

u mean fire tv app in Android ?

Yes, I am using Firetv stick since 2018 ,the batteries drain in 2-3 days in my case , so, I purchased rechargeable batteries but the issue was same and I don’t want to recharge frequently. Later, I found firestick app.

187
1486
7
Expand
deal_walas wrote:

Yes, I am using Firetv stick since 2018 ,the batteries drain in 2-3 days in my case , so, I purchased rechargeable batteries but the issue was same and I don’t want to recharge frequently. Later, I found firestick app.

2-3 days scream scream scream…may be be u r using normal AAA batteries not Duracell.

also using Fire TV app in emergency is fine but using it regularly is a pain every time unlock the phone re-connect to stick and then click..

88
252
3
Expand
akki.akki wrote:

2-3 days scream scream scream…may be be u r using normal AAA batteries not Duracell.

also using Fire TV app in emergency is fine but using it regularly is a pain every time unlock the phone re-connect to stick and then click..

I ordered duracell smiley from flipkart but the batteries were faulty. I don’t recommend duracell because their customer service is very poor.

I prefer to app instead of remote because of typing issue. When you log in through your email id & once the device is paired with your app, it will connect automatically next time.

1,313
14243
41

Try using Eneloop rechargeable batteries if problem persists.

100
430
6

using 2nd gen fire stick last 2 years, recently 2 months back replaced with new batteries (amazonbasics)

111
944
4
Expand
deal_walas wrote:

I ordered duracell smiley from flipkart but the batteries were faulty. I don’t recommend duracell because their customer service is very poor.

I prefer to app instead of remote because of typing issue. When you log in through your email id & once the device is paired with your app, it will connect automatically next time.

My Duracell batteries leaked within a year, complaint on twitter, the response was quick, the moment i answered their question regarding location, they stopped responding….. In other countries if gadgets are spoilt due to defective battery they have to replace the gadgets as well…..  I always had bad experience with Duracell, so using Normal batteries, better change battery frequently rather that changing remotes , due to leaked battery

88
252
3
Expand
myfungang829 wrote:

My Duracell batteries leaked within a year, complaint on twitter, the response was quick, the moment i answered their question regarding location, they stopped responding….. In other countries if gadgets are spoilt due to defective battery they have to replace the gadgets as well…..  I always had bad experience with Duracell, so using Normal batteries, better change battery frequently rather that changing remotes , due to leaked battery

Same happened with me. They told me to share details through email along with batteries’ pics, but after they didn’t respond… I tried many times after that but they didn’t respond. So, I purchased ENVIE batteries from local shop which are working properly.

109
6213
146
cadence wrote:

Try using Eneloop rechargeable batteries if problem persists.

I am using this since I got it over an year ago and did not even know it used batteries until just now. They come with 2 regular amazon alkaline batteries in white.. Showed over 1.5v on testing.. Since I got JIO around the same time I stopped using it and its just being lying there without any use..

I saw a few comments about battery drain… but it dont drain without use.. and maybe there is a problem with a key being depressed all the time.. I have the voice with power button and this is a RF remote and not an IR remote.. as the TV stick hides behind the TV..

I dont have an accurate measurement counter or I would see if the ones you buy from amazon is lighter because they drain fast.. If they can counterfeit drugs from large MNC’s to do this by people in the middle is easy.. Although they measure like new batteries I think they contain very less chemicals so they would be new but hold very less charge.. I used mainly in cordless mice and they lasted only a month which I figured was because it was not as good as the Microsoft mouse which lasts almost an year on a single charge from a rechargeable battery.. I think most batteries of any type you buy in India are adulterated.. I say this because I got some batteries from the US over 2 decades ago and they still show almost full charge.. I try to drain them to dispose of them asap and dont use them with expensive equipment as I am afraid of leakage and they have damaged equipment.. Yes all the batteries I bought in India leaks after a few years without fail no matter who made it..

Even those lithium batteries used in remotes and such, I dont trust to buy them.. They rarely last and sometimes wont even work even if showing normal voltage.. So I try to buy stuff which comes with such batteries and use them.. Yea even Chinese ones that come by default are better than the ones you buy like at amazon..

Anyway, because of this post I had to figure out how to remove the battery from the remote.. its been lying there without use for almost an year now..

0
744
13
Expand
deal_walas wrote:

Yes, I am using Firetv stick since 2018 ,the batteries drain in 2-3 days in my case , so, I purchased rechargeable batteries but the issue was same and I don’t want to recharge frequently. Later, I found firestick app.

Same here… Battery gets drained with 3 5 days in remote… So switched to app…

109
6213
146

I also found that you can pair the remote with a phone and control the phone from it.. Press the HOME button for 10 seconds until the light starts flashing and then pair it..

1,313
14243
41
Expand
alienteck wrote:

I am using this since I got it over an year ago and did not even know it used batteries until just now. They come with 2 regular amazon alkaline batteries in white.. Showed over 1.5v on testing.. Since I got JIO around the same time I stopped using it and its just being lying there without any use..

I saw a few comments about battery drain… but it dont drain without use.. and maybe there is a problem with a key being depressed all the time.. I have the voice with power button and this is a RF remote and not an IR remote.. as the TV stick hides behind the TV..

I dont have an accurate measurement counter or I would see if the ones you buy from amazon is lighter because they drain fast.. If they can counterfeit drugs from large MNC’s to do this by people in the middle is easy.. Although they measure like new batteries I think they contain very less chemicals so they would be new but hold very less charge.. I used mainly in cordless mice and they lasted only a month which I figured was because it was not as good as the Microsoft mouse which lasts almost an year on a single charge from a rechargeable battery.. I think most batteries of any type you buy in India are adulterated.. I say this because I got some batteries from the US over 2 decades ago and they still show almost full charge.. I try to drain them to dispose of them asap and dont use them with expensive equipment as I am afraid of leakage and they have damaged equipment.. Yes all the batteries I bought in India leaks after a few years without fail no matter who made it..

Even those lithium batteries used in remotes and such, I dont trust to buy them.. They rarely last and sometimes wont even work even if showing normal voltage.. So I try to buy stuff which comes with such batteries and use them.. Yea even Chinese ones that come by default are better than the ones you buy like at amazon..

Anyway, because of this post I had to figure out how to remove the battery from the remote.. its been lying there without use for almost an year now..

Counterfeit battery is an issue in our country. Even in US my cousin purchased Eneloop & white covering peeled off. Still, I use these in trimmer & other gadgets from last 7-8 years. I always order white colour ones & avoid ‘Pro’ version (black). Once I returned the batteries as they were not made in Japan. These aren’t the best performance wise compared to others available internationally but they outlast other brands I’ve used here like Duracell, Envie, Camelion.

141
10099
50

U used 18 pairs means 36 batteries
Means each cost is 45?
Why 45₹ For each ?
U can get [email protected]₹ each piece in local shop that to branded one

109
6213
146
Expand
cadence wrote:

Counterfeit battery is an issue in our country. Even in US my cousin purchased Eneloop & white covering peeled off. Still, I use these in trimmer & other gadgets from last 7-8 years. I always order white colour ones & avoid ‘Pro’ version (black). Once I returned the batteries as they were not made in Japan. These aren’t the best performance wise compared to others available internationally but they outlast other brands I’ve used here like Duracell, Envie, Camelion.

Rechargeable s go from like 600mAh to 3000mAH so its hard to figure out. I use 800mAh ones for normal use and 2200mAh ones for like camera type use..

But in the US there is hardly any difference for similar items as they all use pretty much similar quantities to match performance and price.. To find cheaper you need to get 3rd party ones like amazon.. The Chinese clones would be a lot cheaper but performance would be very bad..

The Eveready bunny ad was just a fluke and their battery lasted the same as Duracell and others..

I saw Panasonic had 3000mAh 1.5V AA rechargeable s now.. Getting into Lithium territory here as the highest ones are from 2000-3000mAh with the higher voltage of lithium..But if so then they can compete with lithium for car and bike batteries..

I noticed that the amazon batteries used in the AC remotes also dont last more than a few months so definitely its a battery without much charge in it.. They dont mention its capacity so they can do that.. I mean 3 months for an alkaline battery in an AC remote??

1,757
15264
151
hacker96 wrote:

18 pairs of batteries..I am using firestick since a year and never changed batteries till now….

He has older less efficient model

0
869
11

Here wholesale nippo/everyday batteries still 10rs only 18 batteries means 180rs… Why Can’t You Buy at Local Store….??

187
1486
7
UnderNation wrote:

Here wholesale nippo/everyday batteries still 10rs only 18 batteries means 180rs… Why Can’t You Buy at Local Store….??

these everday batteries wont even last for 2 days.
if i use these just like there name i have to change it every day…

Missing