Flight booking via Intermiles redemption

75°
Deal Cadet
Knight11

Have you redeemed intermiles for flights? How does it work in order to get best value?

I see all flights have 2 rates – Standard (5000 for less than 90 minute and 15000 for more) and a costlier one (12500 for less than 90 minutes and 25000 for more). However almost none of the flights have standard rate (5000/15000) available even for 3 months later.

So can someone please share their experience on how to get best value from intermiles flight booking?

Expiring In 8 days
31 Comments  |  
4 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

there are extra charges too which makess miles almost worthless

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Tjs15 wrote:

there are extra charges too which makess miles almost worthless

I am getting 0.25 rs value on snapay for redeeming. Is that the best I can get?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Knight11 wrote:

I am getting 0.25 rs value on snapay for redeeming. Is that the best I can get?

yes, for food and fuel also its same

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Knight11 wrote:

I am getting 0.25 rs value on snapay for redeeming. Is that the best I can get?

How to redeem using snapay?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Tjs15 wrote:

How to redeem using snapay?

In Pay with rewards, it gives option to pay 20% of amount via Intermiles at 0.25 per intermiles.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Knight11 wrote:

In Pay with rewards, it gives option to pay 20% of amount via Intermiles at 0.25 per intermiles.

Utility payments?

it is letting me enter account number and ifsc for transfer, are you talking about this

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Tjs15 wrote:

Utility payments?

it is letting me enter account number and ifsc for transfer, are you talking about this

Yes.

Select T+1 mode, 1.5% charge, 1% CB, Apply 20% intermiles and 80% via any credit card, earn cb on credit card also. Overall it’s profit only.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Knight11 wrote:

Yes.

Select T+1 mode, 1.5% charge, 1% CB, Apply 20% intermiles and 80% via any credit card, earn cb on credit card also. Overall it’s profit only.

getting error at the end, not showing intermiles, 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Tjs15 wrote:

getting error at the end, not showing intermiles, 

No idea, works fine for me. Did u select and logged in to pay with rewards via same mobile number as intermiles?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Knight11 wrote:

No idea, works fine for me. Did u select and logged in to pay with rewards via same mobile number as intermiles?

yes, am i supposed to use website? I was using app

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Tjs15 wrote:

yes, am i supposed to use website? I was using app

No, i use app only. What error r u getting? Are u seeing save with intermiles option at all?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Knight11 wrote:

No, i use app only. What error r u getting? Are u seeing save with intermiles option at all?

pay with points option was showing only once, and i went ahead with payment i got error 504 page. And now reward option is not even showing

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Better, redeem your miles for Amazon gv of 500 by paying via Cred→Credit card. That’s the best value for miles. 5% discount for 61 miles from intermiles. Additional cashback upto Rs. 200 from Cred for 1000 cred coins. Credit card reward points extra.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
superdesi wrote:

Better, redeem your miles for Amazon gv of 500 by paying via Cred→Credit card. That’s the best value for miles. 5% discount for 61 miles from intermiles. Additional cashback upto Rs. 200 from Cred for 1000 cred coins. Credit card reward points extra.

I get Amazon voucher from Axis/HDFC Gyftr sites at 7-8% discount.

In intermiles, 60 intermiles are equivalent to 15 cash, so actual discount is 10rs only. Cred gives 20 CB. And 2% (10) from credit card. So, a total of 40 discount on 500 i e 8%. 

This is still good, but limited to 500 (maybe thrice per month). Also I saw few dimers mentioned that they got banned for Amazon vouchers through intermiles. So, I thought better to avoid it.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
Knight11 wrote:

I get Amazon voucher from Axis/HDFC Gyftr sites at 7-8% discount.

In intermiles, 60 intermiles are equivalent to 15 cash, so actual discount is 10rs only. Cred gives 20 CB. And 2% (10) from credit card. So, a total of 40 discount on 500 i e 8%. 

This is still good, but limited to 500 (maybe thrice per month). Also I saw few dimers mentioned that they got banned for Amazon vouchers through intermiles. So, I thought better to avoid it.

First thing first, if you use something judiciously, no one will ban you. So, don’t try to abuse the system. That’s the golden rule.

Second thing is, there is a limit of max 50000 for Amazon GV, which many users may not be aware of. So, again plan your GV purchase such that buy only when you need them, if you feel that the 50k limit is not sufficient for you.

Third, Cred cashback of 20 is not fixed. This month I got 30 at the first purchase itself. So, that was bonus for me.

Fourth, 500 gv recommend only to maximize the cb from Cred. Otherwise, you can go ahead with 5000 gv too.

Lastly, but not the least, my comment was only to let you know how to maximize the redemption value of miles, and not to compare with others gv sources. Otherwise, I’ve seen comments and posts in this desidime website itself, users ready to buy lakhs of rupees worth of gvs.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
superdesi wrote:

First thing first, if you use something judiciously, no one will ban you. So, don’t try to abuse the system. That’s the golden rule.

Second thing is, there is a limit of max 50000 for Amazon GV, which many users may not be aware of. So, again plan your GV purchase such that buy only when you need them, if you feel that the 50k limit is not sufficient for you.

Third, Cred cashback of 20 is not fixed. This month I got 30 at the first purchase itself. So, that was bonus for me.

Fourth, 500 gv recommend only to maximize the cb from Cred. Otherwise, you can go ahead with 5000 gv too.

Lastly, but not the least, my comment was only to let you know how to maximize the redemption value of miles, and not to compare with others gv sources. Otherwise, I’ve seen comments and posts in this desidime website itself, users ready to buy lakhs of rupees worth of gvs.

50K limit u r saying for purchasing from intermiles or for adding to amazon? Never saw this anywhere. I was planning to hoard lot of vouchers through Axis/HDFC Gyftr for insurance payment. Is that not possible then?

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
Knight11 wrote:

50K limit u r saying for purchasing from intermiles or for adding to amazon? Never saw this anywhere. I was planning to hoard lot of vouchers through Axis/HDFC Gyftr for insurance payment. Is that not possible then?

First two T&C taken from the mail in which purchased Amazon GV was sent:

  • InterMiles member can purchase an Amazon E-Gift Voucher, combine worth of only INR 50,000 in a calendar month using Earn or Save with InterMiles as a payment option.
  • There is no upper purchase limit for buying the Gift Voucher using Redemption as a payment option.

I am only talking about Intermiles, not any other sources. So, don’t worry. Your purchase from other sources is not going to affect you on Amazon for paying insurance or any bill.
But also keep in mind, it should be for your personal use, and not for making commercial payments for profit. Otherwise, Amazon also blocks such accounts, if their system detects users for exploitation.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
superdesi wrote:

First two T&C taken from the mail in which purchased Amazon GV was sent:

  • InterMiles member can purchase an Amazon E-Gift Voucher, combine worth of only INR 50,000 in a calendar month using Earn or Save with InterMiles as a payment option.
  • There is no upper purchase limit for buying the Gift Voucher using Redemption as a payment option.

I am only talking about Intermiles, not any other sources. So, don’t worry. Your purchase from other sources is not going to affect you on Amazon for paying insurance or any bill.
But also keep in mind, it should be for your personal use, and not for making commercial payments for profit. Otherwise, Amazon also blocks such accounts, if their system detects users for exploitation.

Alright, 50k is quite large monthly capping. HDFC and Axis Gyftr gives only 5-10k. And I Plan to accumulate about 1L in 7-8 months.

Although effective discount is lesser in intermiles (about 4% for purchases beyond 500), it is good for last minute big payments.

P.S. I was talking about this thread regarding bans.

https://www.desidime.com/discussions/intermiles...

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
Knight11 wrote:

Alright, 50k is quite large monthly capping. HDFC and Axis Gyftr gives only 5-10k. And I Plan to accumulate about 1L in 7-8 months.

Although effective discount is lesser in intermiles (about 4% for purchases beyond 500), it is good for last minute big payments.

P.S. I was talking about this thread regarding bans.

https://www.desidime.com/discussions/intermiles...

Hey does axis gyftr also give 5%, how? Can you please explain? From where should I go to gyftr for axis discount?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
decideaim wrote:

Hey does axis gyftr also give 5%, how? Can you please explain? From where should I go to gyftr for axis discount?

It is 5x points for all edge reward based cards. So, if u have cashback cards like Flipkart, Ace or Airtel, u r not eligible.

I have privilege card which has double reward rate for Myntra vouchers. So, I get 10% as Myntra Vouchers and sale at 15% discount for 8.5% effective cashback.

https://www.gyftr.com/edger...ds

Amazon voucher has somehow disappeared this month. However I am hoping it will be back soon.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
Knight11 wrote:

It is 5x points for all edge reward based cards. So, if u have cashback cards like Flipkart, Ace or Airtel, u r not eligible.

I have privilege card which has double reward rate for Myntra vouchers. So, I get 10% as Myntra Vouchers and sale at 15% discount for 8.5% effective cashback.

https://www.gyftr.com/edger...ds

Amazon voucher has somehow disappeared this month. However I am hoping it will be back soon.

Thanks for the reply, only have FK axis though.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
Knight11 wrote:

Alright, 50k is quite large monthly capping. HDFC and Axis Gyftr gives only 5-10k. And I Plan to accumulate about 1L in 7-8 months.

Although effective discount is lesser in intermiles (about 4% for purchases beyond 500), it is good for last minute big payments.

P.S. I was talking about this thread regarding bans.

https://www.desidime.com/discussions/intermiles...

That was the time, when users exploited the InterMiles System.

At that time, InterMiles users were allowed to use the option of “Earn Miles” while purchasing Amazon GV.

Also, users were given instantly 4 or 8 miles per Rs. 100 for purchasing Amazon GV.

Apart from that, if payment made via Cred, users were getting flat 5% instant discount before payment.

Credit Card reward was in addition to all these above.

So, if a person created an Intermiles account only to purchase amazon gv of 5k, the cost for 1st purchase was 4750 plus credit card rewards plus 200 or 400 miles. That’s 6-7% without miles.

In the subsequent purchase, when that user will use earned miles for another 5% discount, that’s massive 12% discount, which was quite huge at that time.

Hence, people exploited the InterMiles System by creating new accounts only for that purpose as use and throw. Hence, when the system detected sudden surge, it raised SoS, and new accounts were banned.

Those, who were genuine with single account, and yet affected due to this, raised the ticket and got their accounts ban revoked after due verification.

After that InterMiles brought several changes, like they removed Amazon GVs from their DigiVoucher Store for some time. Later, they brought it back with Earn Miles for Amazon gv with only 1 mile per Rs. 100. Finally, they again removed the Earn option for it.

Now, we can only buy Amazon GV if we have miles to redeem.

One sensible comment in the page you mentioned – Please Visit https://www.desidime.com/deals/intermiles-x-cre...

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
superdesi wrote:

That was the time, when users exploited the InterMiles System.

At that time, InterMiles users were allowed to use the option of “Earn Miles” while purchasing Amazon GV.

Also, users were given instantly 4 or 8 miles per Rs. 100 for purchasing Amazon GV.

Apart from that, if payment made via Cred, users were getting flat 5% instant discount before payment.

Credit Card reward was in addition to all these above.

So, if a person created an Intermiles account only to purchase amazon gv of 5k, the cost for 1st purchase was 4750 plus credit card rewards plus 200 or 400 miles. That’s 6-7% without miles.

In the subsequent purchase, when that user will use earned miles for another 5% discount, that’s massive 12% discount, which was quite huge at that time.

Hence, people exploited the InterMiles System by creating new accounts only for that purpose as use and throw. Hence, when the system detected sudden surge, it raised SoS, and new accounts were banned.

Those, who were genuine with single account, and yet affected due to this, raised the ticket and got their accounts ban revoked after due verification.

After that InterMiles brought several changes, like they removed Amazon GVs from their DigiVoucher Store for some time. Later, they brought it back with Earn Miles for Amazon gv with only 1 mile per Rs. 100. Finally, they again removed the Earn option for it.

Now, we can only buy Amazon GV if we have miles to redeem.

One sensible comment in the page you mentioned – Please Visit https://www.desidime.com/deals/intermiles-x-cre...

Thanks, well explained.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

@superdesi is diners not working on cred? Tried multiple times, but failing every time.

Also, there is a 10x edge rewards offer going on for axis cards on cred. Will that apply here? Merchant name is coming as cred only.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Knight11 wrote:

@superdesi is diners not working on cred? Tried multiple times, but failing every time.

Also, there is a 10x edge rewards offer going on for axis cards on cred. Will that apply here? Merchant name is coming as cred only.

Sorry, I don’t have any Diners card. So, no idea.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
superdesi wrote:

Sorry, I don’t have any Diners card. So, no idea.

It worked today, so some temporary issue yesterday.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

@superdesi Bought 4x 500 vouchers in 4 days from 29april to 2nd May. And today my account is blocked 😂. And this is my only account. So, I don’t know what basis they are blocking.

They are asking for PAN and have shared it. So, they will unblock it mostly.

I was thinking to buy in bulk upto 50K considering hdfc has heavily nerfed smartbuy portal and axis Gyftr is still not up for Amazon voucher. But now I am not sure even for 500 voucher purchases 😭.

Any suggestions?

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Knight11 wrote:

@superdesi Bought 4x 500 vouchers in 4 days from 29april to 2nd May. And today my account is blocked 😂. And this is my only account. So, I don’t know what basis they are blocking.

They are asking for PAN and have shared it. So, they will unblock it mostly.

I was thinking to buy in bulk upto 50K considering hdfc has heavily nerfed smartbuy portal and axis Gyftr is still not up for Amazon voucher. But now I am not sure even for 500 voucher purchases 😭.

Any suggestions?

Don’t worry. If your account is genuine, they’ll unblock your account again after due verification. They’ll take some time, but will unblock.

BTW, buying 50K Amazon gv needs 6100 miles. Have that much? How did you earn so many miles?

One suggestion: Use Intermiles account for affiliated shopping and flight Ticket booking too once in a while. That will help system understand that you are a genuine user, and not just for gv offers (read misuse).

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
superdesi wrote:

Don’t worry. If your account is genuine, they’ll unblock your account again after due verification. They’ll take some time, but will unblock.

BTW, buying 50K Amazon gv needs 6100 miles. Have that much? How did you earn so many miles?

One suggestion: Use Intermiles account for affiliated shopping and flight Ticket booking too once in a while. That will help system understand that you are a genuine user, and not just for gv offers (read misuse).

Had done lot of snapay transactions, will have almost 16k intermiles by end of this month.

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply