flipkart axis card

278°
Missing
Deal Subedar
107
1150
7

Hi everyone,

I got a call for pre-approved flipkart axis card based on my savings (earlier salary) account with them. I’m still speculating whether to take it or not. I’m not avid user on flipkart, more of amazon-go guy. Is it really worth taking this? I’m sure the first one year will be no profit-no loss even if I don’t use, by compensating the joining charges with 500/- flipkart GV.

In the recent times, are there any exceptions I need to be aware of with respect to wallet loads or using this card on amazon for any axis offers or any such?

Please note that that I come under aam-aadmi category on desidime, not a pro/obsessive dimer.

Thanks

51 Comments  |  
17 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet
101
452
8

People are not getting axis fk card and u have pre-approved, the question should be , why not to take it.

Missing
Deal Subedar
107
1150
7
sobirvs wrote:

People are not getting axis fk card and u have pre-approved, the question should be , why not to take it.

I’ve cards from other banks, its just overwhelming managing/tracking all. It will be another feather in cap, not a big issue, but then wanted to see other’s perspective.

Missing
Deal Cadet
101
452
8
Expand
andromeda wrote:

I’ve cards from other banks, its just overwhelming managing/tracking all. It will be another feather in cap, not a big issue, but then wanted to see other’s perspective.

It’s a no loss situation atleast for the 1st year right, keep it for a year, if it’s not to your liking, then close it.

Missing
Perfectionist
2,222
63670
632
Expand
andromeda wrote:

I’ve cards from other banks, its just overwhelming managing/tracking all. It will be another feather in cap, not a big issue, but then wanted to see other’s perspective.

Same, even i get calls daily regarding this, but I have not taken it

Although in Flipkart app with the same mobile number it shows coming soon for me

Missing
Deal Major
7,199
24009
302

1.5% Offline (via statement credit) vs 1% w/ Amazon (PayBalance)
Difference is not much if you transact less but if u purchase a lot ..it will be useful
Getting 5% discount on FK GVs is not uncommon but the card will come in handy w/ high valued purchases

Regarding exceptions…you wont get cb for any wallet load
& no restrictions as such (like Exclusion of ICICIApay for FK bank offers)

Missing
Deal Subedar
107
1150
7
getready wrote:

1.5% Offline (via statement credit) vs 1% w/ Amazon (PayBalance)
Difference is not much if you transact less but if u purchase a lot ..it will be useful
Getting 5% discount on FK GVs is not uncommon but the card will come in handy w/ high valued purchases

Regarding exceptions…you wont get cb for any wallet load
& no restrictions as such (like Exclusion of ICICIApay for FK bank offers)

This helps. Say I make a payment for recharge or mechant via paytm/mobikwik/any walllet service, will that still be counted as wallet load?

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
45
0
Expand
andromeda wrote:

This helps. Say I make a payment for recharge or mechant via paytm/mobikwik/any walllet service, will that still be counted as wallet load?

Flipkart axis card is free for first year, no yearly fee, for applicants who apply during 26 August to 30 september, it’s mentioned in flipkart card application page

Missing
Deal Major
7,199
24009
302
Expand
andromeda wrote:

This helps. Say I make a payment for recharge or mechant via paytm/mobikwik/any walllet service, will that still be counted as wallet load?

Yeah
I remember getting these “You’re eligible for 1.5%” messages for Mobikwik recharge/bill payment transactions (including credit card bills*) but i stopped getting them sometime back
w/ PayTm ..never got these for any type of transactions

Missing
Deal Subedar
107
1150
7
Expand
aniket1587 wrote:

Flipkart axis card is free for first year, no yearly fee, for applicants who apply during 26 August to 30 september, it’s mentioned in flipkart card application page

Well, the call is from axis, so they may have their own rules. I was clearly told there is joining fee etc involved, but again its the customer care( humanized robot) speaking.

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
45
0
Expand
andromeda wrote:

Well, the call is from axis, so they may have their own rules. I was clearly told there is joining fee etc involved, but again its the customer care( humanized robot) speaking.

People r doing FDs people r doing transactions on their axis account, people r maintaining gud balance in the account , people r crazy for the fk axis card and u r the first person who’s thinking whether to accept the preapproved offer or not!!

Missing
Deal Subedar
107
1150
7
Expand
aniket1587 wrote:

Flipkart axis card is free for first year, no yearly fee, for applicants who apply during 26 August to 30 september, it’s mentioned in flipkart card application page

It is not very clear, although it says on the top banner. In TnC it is all mixed up

Missing
Deal Subedar
107
1150
7
Expand
aniket1587 wrote:

People r doing FDs people r doing transactions on their axis account, people r maintaining gud balance in the account , people r crazy for the fk axis card and u r the first person who’s thinking whether to accept the preapproved offer or not!!

Like I mentioned earlier, I’m not an obsessive dimer who rotate money etc things. Just a common man who will be happier if I get an offer/extra discount for my need, else will be happy. So I proceed with caution.

Moreover axis is following up with this preapproved offer on different card variants from quite a long time, but the thing is they accept documents over their app/tab/camera, which I’m not comfortable sharing.

Missing
Deal Subedar
1,110
2895
19

It is simple if you are not gonna spend 2 lakh on the card in a year. Don’t take it. Anyways for seldom shopping you will get Flipkart gv at 5% or sometimes more like 10% from Magicpin and other sources.
Or if you other sources where you can lend your card safely like umc/friends/family you can achieve the target as well as earn good reward too.

Missing
Deal Subedar
107
1150
7
Alexios wrote:

It is simple if you are not gonna spend 2 lakh on the card in a year. Don’t take it. Anyways for seldom shopping you will get Flipkart gv at 5% or sometimes more like 10% from Magicpin and other sources.
Or if you other sources where you can lend your card safely like umc/friends/family you can achieve the target as well as earn good reward too.

Went ahead with application. If it is not made free, I will close the card after an year

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
194
4996
63
Expand
andromeda wrote:

Went ahead with application. If it is not made free, I will close the card after an year

Closing not a good idea.
Pay bills and recharges – 1.5% is applicable on all, paytm and Payzapp I have tested recently(no loading -direct card payment).
1.5% CB to card beats many premium cards like diners black and escape redeem rewards hassles associated with these premium cards.
If you close card or reject pre approved offer, getting it again is very very difficult.
You may not have spends now but down the line possible and Axis FK, ApayICICI, and SBISimplyClick must have cards.
I guess they may change this unrealistic target of Rs2lacs for fee waiver, but then Rs500 fee is very reasonable.

Missing
Perfectionist
2,222
63670
632
Expand
caks2006407 wrote:

Closing not a good idea.
Pay bills and recharges – 1.5% is applicable on all, paytm and Payzapp I have tested recently(no loading -direct card payment).
1.5% CB to card beats many premium cards like diners black and escape redeem rewards hassles associated with these premium cards.
If you close card or reject pre approved offer, getting it again is very very difficult.
You may not have spends now but down the line possible and Axis FK, ApayICICI, and SBISimplyClick must have cards.
I guess they may change this unrealistic target of Rs2lacs for fee waiver, but then Rs500 fee is very reasonable.

Even i have rejected this card 2-3 times. Still get calls sometimes

Already have simplyclick and Amazon pay.

Already struggle to reach 1 lakh for Sbi waiver.

Still worth to apply for this?

Missing
Deal Subedar
107
1150
7
Expand
avgn wrote:

Even i have rejected this card 2-3 times. Still get calls sometimes

Already have simplyclick and Amazon pay.

Already struggle to reach 1 lakh for Sbi waiver.

Still worth to apply for this?

You can always negotiate with customer care and get charges waived off if they are convinced you are a decent billing customer. But again you have an option to close it if not.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
194
4996
63
Expand
avgn wrote:

Even i have rejected this card 2-3 times. Still get calls sometimes

Already have simplyclick and Amazon pay.

Already struggle to reach 1 lakh for Sbi waiver.

Still worth to apply for this?

Yes its worth.
Rs500+GST – fees is very reasonable even if one has to pay
People with good ITR are never or rarely rejected smile

“Already struggle to reach 1 lakh for Sbi waiver” – u can help selected dimers and earn Karma+upto2.5%CB smile Just order 20K worth on Amazon during SBI offer to recover 500, yono makes it even sweeter.

Missing
Deal Cadet
130
297
3

One Important thing regarding annual waiver fee… You DON’T need to spend 2 lakhs to get it waived; If you simply spend 12K on Flipkart itself, it cancels out the annual fees (comes to roughly 600 inc GST), since 5% of 12K is 600 !!!
So please get this card, and all you have to spend is 12K+ on Flipkart to get the fee “waived”…

Missing
Deal Subedar
207
1126
7
BlueFlash wrote:

One Important thing regarding annual waiver fee… You DON’T need to spend 2 lakhs to get it waived; If you simply spend 12K on Flipkart itself, it cancels out the annual fees (comes to roughly 600 inc GST), since 5% of 12K is 600 !!!
So please get this card, and all you have to spend is 12K+ on Flipkart to get the fee “waived”…

Ever heard about opportunity cost? Fk gvs are more cheaper

Missing
Deal Subedar
107
1150
7
Expand
insta wrote:

Ever heard about opportunity cost? Fk gvs are more cheaper

And the opportunity costs will cost the account I guess.

Missing
Deal Cadet
130
297
3
Expand
insta wrote:

Ever heard about opportunity cost? Fk gvs are more cheaper

M not into rotation and selling gv and those things… Also the OP clearly mentioned that he’s a “normal” user who doesn’t do these things… so I was emphasizing on how to recover the annual fee using minimal spend in a simple legal way that is apt for OP smile

Missing
Deal Subedar
347
1144
9
Expand
aniket1587 wrote:

People r doing FDs people r doing transactions on their axis account, people r maintaining gud balance in the account , people r crazy for the fk axis card and u r the first person who’s thinking whether to accept the preapproved offer or not!!

Who are these people ? flushed Op is right to evaluate the benefits on comparison to other cards before applying. It all depends on current cards that he holds.. Axis FK is an average card .. no point in taking additional paid card that he may not even use

Missing
Deal Subedar
107
1150
7
Expand
indiansoul wrote:

Who are these people ? flushed Op is right to evaluate the benefits on comparison to other cards before applying. It all depends on current cards that he holds.. Axis FK is an average card .. no point in taking additional paid card that he may not even use

You partly echoed my thoughts.

Missing
Deal Subedar
207
1126
7

Even i got the offer but didnt apply. 500 annual fee is not an issue, but benefits seems limited as
big purchases (>5k) happens during 10% sales with upto 1500cb (using sbi card). So axis 5% is Beneficial for purchase worth 30k or more. (which i dont do, and even if have to then yono+sbi gives addotinal 5% during sale on amazon). Also dont think axis fk allows  10%  +5% on fk (not sure).
Almost all purchases below 5k have been using gvs since last four yrs. (easily available @ 5%).

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
45
0
Expand
indiansoul wrote:

Who are these people ? flushed Op is right to evaluate the benefits on comparison to other cards before applying. It all depends on current cards that he holds.. Axis FK is an average card .. no point in taking additional paid card that he may not even use

Who r these people? – credit card fanatics…

Missing
Deal Cadet
50
534
6
Expand
caks2006407 wrote:

Closing not a good idea.
Pay bills and recharges – 1.5% is applicable on all, paytm and Payzapp I have tested recently(no loading -direct card payment).
1.5% CB to card beats many premium cards like diners black and escape redeem rewards hassles associated with these premium cards.
If you close card or reject pre approved offer, getting it again is very very difficult.
You may not have spends now but down the line possible and Axis FK, ApayICICI, and SBISimplyClick must have cards.
I guess they may change this unrealistic target of Rs2lacs for fee waiver, but then Rs500 fee is very reasonable.

Are you guys able to use axis Flipkart card to pay from Payzapp .. I used to do that even 20 days or so back . Not wallet loading, direct pay. I used to get 1.5%.

Will raise issue with Flipkart if the issue is only with my card.

Missing
Deal Cadet
57
234
2
Expand
Seinfeld wrote:

Are you guys able to use axis Flipkart card to pay from Payzapp .. I used to do that even 20 days or so back . Not wallet loading, direct pay. I used to get 1.5%.

Will raise issue with Flipkart if the issue is only with my card.

So, are you not getting 1.5% now on Payzapp?

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
194
4996
63
Expand
Seinfeld wrote:

Are you guys able to use axis Flipkart card to pay from Payzapp .. I used to do that even 20 days or so back . Not wallet loading, direct pay. I used to get 1.5%.

Will raise issue with Flipkart if the issue is only with my card.

What is the error?
I did not try in the last one month.

Missing