Future Retail files caveat in Delhi HC against Amazon

48°
Deal Captain
51
9499
124
Future Retail files caveat in Delhi HC against Amazon

Future Retail files caveat in Delhi HC against Amazon

Kishore Biyani led-Future Group has filed a caveat before the Delhi high court requesting it to be heard if any plea is filed by e-commerce major Amazon over its Rs 24,713 crore deal with Mukesh Ambani-led RIL.

https://www.rediff.com/business/report/future-r...

hushed
6 Comments  |  
5 Dimers
  • Sort By
603
12160
62

can anyone explain this in easy layman language? also wasn’t big bazaar already handed over to ambani??

147
2254
21
rini50 wrote:

can anyone explain this in easy layman language? also wasn’t big bazaar already handed over to ambani??

Deal is subject to Competition Commision of India approval which usually takes 2-8 months to give approval after the deal.

But now chances are rare for approval as AMAZON is coming in between them ( won the arbitration case in Singapore)

Furthermore, FRETAIL (BB) Kishor Biyani filed caveat in DELHI HC against Amazon.

603
12160
62
Expand
Shahskm wrote:

Deal is subject to Competition Commision of India approval which usually takes 2-8 months to give approval after the deal.

But now chances are rare for approval as AMAZON is coming in between them ( won the arbitration case in Singapore)

Furthermore, FRETAIL (BB) Kishor Biyani filed caveat in DELHI HC against Amazon.

Looks like a lot things happened. Thanks for explaining.. Tho most commercial terms went over the head sweat_smile

4
1835
16
rini50 wrote:

can anyone explain this in easy layman language? also wasn’t big bazaar already handed over to ambani??

Caveat means warning/ caution. Future has a fear of Amazon approaching the court to implement SIAC award. Therefore, Future Group has filed a caveat so that court doesn’t make a decision without hearing them when amazon approaches the court.

278
814
8
Expand
rini50 wrote:

Looks like a lot things happened. Thanks for explaining.. Tho most commercial terms went over the head sweat_smile

Simple kahani ye h ki Amazon ne already future group me kuch investment kari thi. And inse aggrement karwa liya ki hamare competitor ko kabhi nahi bhi nahi bik sakte aap. Bas ab amazon ne ungli kar di deal ke bich me

603
12160
62
Expand
ItsBetter wrote:

Simple kahani ye h ki Amazon ne already future group me kuch investment kari thi. And inse aggrement karwa liya ki hamare competitor ko kabhi nahi bhi nahi bik sakte aap. Bas ab amazon ne ungli kar di deal ke bich me

lol
you write a book on commerce/stock exchange for layman joy

Missing