Glucometer

164°
Deal Subedar
billubakra

Hi,

What should one look for while buying a glucometer? Need the one which is the most accurate one. Also from what I have found is that most glucometers have their own separate pins (don’t know what they are called, to take out blood) and those strips and these are very expensive. In clinics I have seen them use this pen shaped pin for various patients. They simple wipe it off before pricking. Is it good when compared to a normal pin?

I like this due to its design but not sure of accuracy
https://www.flipkart.com/beato-smartphone-gluco...

Please guide.

Thanks

@guest_999 @andromeda @caks2006407 @drjpatwa @dharmanath481

34 Comments  |  
14 Dimers
  • Sort By
Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

Plz go and talk to your family doctor.

He /she will recommend a model. Take number of supplier since doctor would be buying strips in bulk.

It has to be taken to pathology lab and results calibrated simultaneously since tolerance level of 5% – 7% exists in their machines. Path labs are 100% accurate.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
dharmanath481 wrote:

He /she will recommend a model. Take number of supplier since doctor would be buying strips in bulk.

It has to be taken to pathology lab and results calibrated simultaneously since tolerance level of 5% – 7% exists in their machines. Path labs are 100% accurate.

A doctor will always recommend brand in which he/she is getting a cut.
In labs too I have seen them using simple machines which are available online, can’t recall the names. Do they use high end machines too?

Link Copied
dharmanath481 wrote:

IDK why I am getting this
Oops, You cannot give karma again right now
dharmanath481’s Stats so Far
Karma Points: 4460 Karma Level: Deal Lieutenant

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
billubakra wrote:

Your intent is good enough for me. Thanks

never cared about the badges nor karma nor fpd.

Link Copied
Expand
dharmanath481 wrote:

Your intent is good enough for me. Thanks

never cared about the badges nor karma nor fpd.

Coffee’s on me when and if we meet.
No company has mentioned anything about the tolerance anywhere. Can’t we trust these home machines with a pinch of salt?

Link Copied
andromeda wrote:

No idea related to this.

Kisi doctor ya medical line ke bande ko tag karo bhai.

Link Copied

5% difference will come in labs also….. I am using accucheck for mom, it’s goot

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Accuchek active Glucometer is the largest selling and most trusted model. No other model comes anywhere near it in terms of accuracy and reliability. Doctors also use the same but do not get any cut on recommending this one. They may recommend a different, lesser known brand/model for some commission, but not this one.

Initially it was manufactured in Germany and was costly. But now manufacturing has shifted to China, which has made it cheaper. Initially they were taking undue advantage of their reputation and were selling glucometer testing strips with chips so that one packet can be used in one machine only. But now all strips can be used in any machine

Link Copied
myfungang829 wrote:

5% difference will come in labs also….. I am using accucheck for mom, it’s goot

Link please.
What about the pin and strips? Special design to be used with this model only?

Link Copied
aam_aadmi wrote:

Accuchek active Glucometer is the largest selling and most trusted model. No other model comes anywhere near it in terms of accuracy and reliability. Doctors also use the same but do not get any cut on recommending this one. They may recommend a different, lesser known brand/model for some commission, but not this one.

Initially it was manufactured in Germany and was costly. But now manufacturing has shifted to China, which has made it cheaper. Initially they were taking undue advantage of their reputation and were selling glucometer testing strips with chips so that one packet can be used in one machine only. But now all strips can be used in any machine

Link Please.
Selling strips with chips? What does this mean bro.
When you say all strips can be used in any mean, did you mean all accucheck strips can be used in any accucheck model? Any idea about result tolerance?

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
billubakra wrote:

Again, no idea.
start typing “@dr” you may be lucky.

Link Copied
Expand
andromeda wrote:

Again, no idea.
start typing “@dr” you may be lucky.

Bhai aisi gandu kismat hai ki kya btaoon. Getting dr dimer, dr jaffar etc. in search results haha

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
billubakra wrote:

Bhai aisi gandu kismat hai ki kya btaoon. Getting dr dimer, dr jaffar etc. in search results haha

Wish there is a group with doctors here.

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Expand
billubakra wrote:

You need to wait for few days or weeks before giving karma again to same person or u have exhausted your Karma power after giving to many so u need to wait it quota is restored.
Many dimers are not aware of giving K in return, some do not even bother to like the reply.
I am unaware of Glucometers – never there was a need in family too
Will talk to friend and let u know

Link Copied
Expand
billubakra wrote:

Link Please.
Selling strips with chips? What does this mean bro.
When you say all strips can be used in any mean, did you mean all accucheck strips can be used in any accucheck model? Any idea about result tolerance?

Their used to be a insertable chip with every packet of strips, which had to be inserted in the glucometer before using the strips in the pack. However now all strips csn be used in different machines but same models. Which means you csn share your pack of glucometer strips with multiple people if they have the same model.

As per ISO standards, error of 15% is allowed w.r.t. laboratory measurements and Accuchek is ISO compliant. Don’t think other brands are ISO compliant or not. Since Accuchek has been in use for several decades, its accuracy levels are established and variations wrt lab tests are constant.

You can search online on Amazon and Flipkart. Its the largest selling brand

Link Copied
Expand
billubakra wrote:

A doctor will always recommend brand in which he/she is getting a cut.
In labs too I have seen them using simple machines which are available online, can’t recall the names. Do they use high end machines too?

You go to your doctor. Ask for a suggestion. Come back home, go to zingoy.com, buy the glucometer using your affiliate link and using GV/card offers from Amazon/Flipkart. I want to understand how and where did the doctor get a cut in that ?

Link Copied
Expand
billubakra wrote:

Why tag them? Wont they take the cut? What if they ask to buy using their affiliate link?

Link Copied
Expand
aam_aadmi wrote:

Their used to be a insertable chip with every packet of strips, which had to be inserted in the glucometer before using the strips in the pack. However now all strips csn be used in different machines but same models. Which means you csn share your pack of glucometer strips with multiple people if they have the same model.

As per ISO standards, error of 15% is allowed w.r.t. laboratory measurements and Accuchek is ISO compliant. Don’t think other brands are ISO compliant or not. Since Accuchek has been in use for several decades, its accuracy levels are established and variations wrt lab tests are constant.

You can search online on Amazon and Flipkart. Its the largest selling brand

Can you share the link of the one which you are using?
Also instead of the use and throw pin thing to take out blood, how is that pen shipped pricker which is used in clinics?

Link Copied
Expand
mas143forever wrote:

You go to your doctor. Ask for a suggestion. Come back home, go to zingoy.com, buy the glucometer using your affiliate link and using GV/card offers from Amazon/Flipkart. I want to understand how and where did the doctor get a cut in that ?

My point was that I am not going to a doctor just to ask for this. If it is an urgency then after taking his recommendation I will buy from local market as it is needed on urgent basis. As I have no idea about this field so I will ask him about the shop and all and hence the cut thing.

Link Copied
Expand
mas143forever wrote:

Why tag them? Wont they take the cut? What if they ask to buy using their affiliate link?

You seem to be offended by this. I owe you a cup of coffee bro. Cheers.

Link Copied
Expand
batguy143 wrote:

Some people don’t trust doctors, not even their family doctor but still want free suggestions from doctors!

I prefer to avoid such people.

Don’t have a family doctor, doc.
Some other user suggested to tag some doctor here. Anyways cheers.

Link Copied
Expand
billubakra wrote:

Can you share the link of the one which you are using?
Also instead of the use and throw pin thing to take out blood, how is that pen shipped pricker which is used in clinics?

Accu-Chek Active Glucose Monitor with 10 Strips Glucometer
https://dl.flipkart.com/dl/accu-chek-active-glu...

Never seen any glucometer with use and throw type lancets used for pricking the finger for a drop of blood. Most Lancet pricker devices are in the form of pen which can be used multiple times. After several usages, pin of the lancet device can be replaced. In the pen, depth of the pin pricking can be adjusted on a scale of 1-5 depending on skin type.

Cost of glucometer is not important as it is a one-time purchase which will last for 20 years with lifetime warranty. The gluco strips are the main consumables and 2-3 packets of 50 nos. are more than the cost of glucometer

Missing