Google chief Sundar Pichai applauds woman who scored 0 in quantum physics exam!

62°
Missing
Deal Lieutenant
0
4235
59

Source:- https://m.hindustantimes.com/it-s-viral/sundar-...


Google chief Sundar Pichai retweeted the post shared by Sarafina Nance. He also dished out a compliment her.

Google chief Sundar Pichai recently took to Twitter to retweet a post shared by an astrophysics student on the micro-blogging site and for all the right reasons. Sarafina Nance’s tweet has created quite a stir online because of an inspiration story it details.

On November 21, Nance tweeted how four years ago she scored zero in her quantum physics exam. Following which, she wanted to “quit physics” and change her major.

The next few lines reveal, instead of quitting she carried on and her hard work eventually paid off. Now, she is “in a top tier astrophysics Ph.D program” and has published two papers.

Finally, the tweet ends with a motivational advice which has struck chords with many. Here’s what she tweeted:

4 years ago I got a 0 on a quantum physics exam. i met with my professor fearing i needed to change my major & quit physics. today, i’m in a top tier astrophysics Ph.D program & published 2 papers.
STEM is hard for everyone—grades don’t mean you’re not good enough to do it.

Since being shared just a day back, the tweet has piqued people’s interests. It’s clear from over 57,000 likes and close to 10,000 retweets the post has garnered till now – and the numbers are increasing.

10 Comments  |  
6 Dimers
Missing
Deal Lieutenant
61
4051
83

Very inspiring

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
61
4051
83

Very inspiring

Missing
Entertainer
348
936
17

I think not everyone clicks on the link to read the entire thing.
For those of you who don’t click on links stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye : (briefly)
She got 0 in quantum physics some years back in exam(STEM). But now she is pursuing astrophysics in one of the best universities in the world(University of California Berkeley ,known as UC Berkeley commonly) and published 2 papers already.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
0
4235
59
jileg wrote:

I think not everyone clicks on the link to read the entire thing.
For those of you who don’t click on links stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye : (briefly)
She got 0 in quantum physics some years back in exam(STEM). But now she is pursuing astrophysics in one of the best universities in the world(University of California Berkeley ,known as UC Berkeley commonly) and published 2 papers already.

Thanks for the brief- anyways, I edited the post.


… published 2 papers already. …
… already published 2 papers … ✔️

Missing
Entertainer
348
936
17
Expand
161508 wrote:

Thanks for the brief- anyways, I edited the post.


published 2 papers already.
already published 2 papers. ✔️

I wrote it that way only buy changed at the just before submitting(believe me, not kidding!!) because i felt putting “already” at the end has more “effect” stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

Missing
Entertainer
22
2102
26

Idhar to ma bap ghar se dikal denge🙄🙄🙄chappalo se kutai hogi wo bat alag

Missing
Deal Subedar
195
2915
40
Expand
jileg wrote:

I wrote it that way only buy changed at the just before submitting(believe me, not kidding!!) because i felt putting “already” at the end has more “effect” stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

This is epic, on a whole “new leavel”

PS: I know the spelling of level

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
0
4235
59
Expand
AnnamalaiNryaa wrote:

This is epic, on a whole “new leavel”

PS: I know the spelling of level

I’m unable to understand the reason for putting the wrong spelling even on knowing the correct one.

Missing
Deal Subedar
57
1179
12

Applauding on Twitter is easy, hiring a zero scorer would have been something…

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
0
4235
59
cocay wrote:

Applauding on Twitter is easy, hiring a zero scorer would have been something…

Sundar sir didn’t praised that woman for scoring zero, and sharing that on Twitter… but, for not quitting and now being in a top tier astrophysics Ph.D program & publishing 2 papers.

Missing