Google to be launch its own smart debit card

Google to be launch its own smart debit card

254°
24 Comments  |  
8 Dimers
Missing
Deal Major
6,915
23125
280

For the US*
Anyways not for people like me..don’t even use google account in my primary phone smile

Missing
Deal Subedar
1,072
1004
13
getready wrote:

For the US*
Anyways not for people like me..don’t even use google account in my primary phone smile

Yeah for the US*
but I hope later on it will be going to  launch in India too. Because we use Google services more than USA sweat_smile

Missing
Community Angel
35
3835
47
getready wrote:

Anyways not for people like me..don’t even use google account in my primary phone smile

Is it Apple or Feature phone ?

Missing
Deal Major
6,915
23125
280
Expand
_One_Miller_ wrote:

Is it Apple or Feature phone ?

It is 1+ 6T
Edit: Have couple of spare phones (similar CPU architecture) linked to Google accounts
So whenever an app update is a must, I update/install them on secondary phone and transfer the apks to my primary phone

Missing
Community Angel
35
3835
47
getready wrote:

..don’t even use google account in my primary phone smile

Means you did not use any app of google or what ?
I am not getting it.

Missing
Deal Major
6,915
23125
280
Expand
_One_Miller_ wrote:

Means you did not use any app of google or what ? I am not getting it.

Updated my previous post : )
I do use google services like Gmaps on my primary phone but they won’t know its me

Missing
Community Angel
35
3835
47
Expand
getready wrote:

Updated my previous post : )
I do use google services like Gmaps on my primary phone but they won’t know its me

But android isn’t google’s product/service ?

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
496
3584
46
Expand
_One_Miller_ wrote:

Means you did not use any app of google or what ?
I am not getting it.

Why you want to know? Let him use whatever however he wants to use..

Missing
Community Angel
35
3835
47
Expand
Simbha3 wrote:

Why you want to know? Let him use whatever however he wants to use..

Not like that sir.
I want to know for knowledge and it will be useful for me.

Missing
Deal Major
6,915
23125
280

It is
But they can’t explicitly link you with the info they obtain (if any)
Google is like an AI that can track everything about u
No wonder it can make decisions for you in the future toungueout (Like Rehoboam from WestWorld Season 3)
For instance if someone can hack your Google account and get hold ono your location history ..then anyone can know when n where u usually gonna be at that particular point of time
Also there have been reports that Google stores the location history even if turn it off
Read this: https://www.reddit.com/r/privacy/comments/96xb1...

@_One_Miller_

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
496
3584
46
Expand
_One_Miller_ wrote:

Not like that sir.
I want to know for knowledge and it will be useful for me.

How many phones you have?

Missing
Community Angel
35
3835
47
getready wrote:

It is
But they can’t explicitly link you with the info they obtain (if any)
Google is like an AI that can track everything about u
No wonder it can make decisions for you in the future toungueout (Like Rehoboam from WestWorld Season 3)
For instance if someone can hack your Google account and get hold ono your location history ..then anyone can know when n where u usually gonna be at that particular point of time
Also there have been reports that Google stores the location history even if turn it off
Read this: https://www.reddit.com/r/privacy/comments/96xb1...

@_One_Miller_

If location history and GPS both are turned off ?
(GPS is off most of the time, may be on for few minutes once in a week)

Missing
Deal Cadet
72
324
10
Expand
getready wrote:

Updated my previous post : )
I do use google services like Gmaps on my primary phone but they won’t know its me

All the best

Missing
Deal Cadet
59
463
7
Expand
getready wrote:

Updated my previous post : )
I do use google services like Gmaps on my primary phone but they won’t know its me

man you are wrong, they know its you. By not using/subscribing to google services you are just making it slightly harder nothing more. If you truly want to hide from google then you will have to use feature phone/landline (for voice/text communication) and dedicated/software based privacy solutions (like whonix etc) for pc/laptop. Even after that you will have to be careful not to leave behind your unique traces.
Note: Using android and claiming google don’t know you is a nice dream.

Missing
Deal Major
6,915
23125
280
Expand
DaBomb wrote:

man you are wrong, they know its you. By not using/subscribing to google services you are just making it slightly harder nothing more. If you truly want to hide from google then you will have to use feature phone/landline (for voice/text communication) and dedicated privacy solutions (like whonix etc) for pc/laptop. Even after that you will have to be careful not to leave behind your unique traces.

Yep..that is what i do
Making them harder to associate data
If you wanna be more fool proof..Install AOSP roms and install non-gms services (like the Huawei HMS core) smile
Without GMS Core installed, google can’t do shit

Missing
Deal Cadet
59
463
7
Expand
getready wrote:

Yep..that is what i do
Making them harder to associate data
If you wanna be more fool proof..Install AOSP roms and install non-gms services (like the Huawei HMS core) smile
Without GMS Core installed, google can’t do shit

man it will be crazy to ditch google and choose Huawei. Google deal with government behind door and that too in limited scope however using Huawei is like giving your privacy to everyone who is ready to pay for it. Any chinese app are bound by regulation to share data with chinese government if asked.
Note: You are doing good job by making it harder however no one knows if your hard work is being paid or not.

Missing
Deal Major
6,915
23125
280
Expand
DaBomb wrote:

man it will be crazy to ditch google and choose Huawei. Google deal with government behind door and that too in limited scope however using Huawei is like giving your privacy to everyone who is ready to pay for it. Any chinese app are bound by regulation to share data with chinese government if asked.
Note: You are doing good job by making it harder however no one knows if your hard work is being paid or not.

I am not saying i will use huawei ..its just a reference for non-gms services
Huawei HMS is only available for their phones (not launched yet here in india) because of the google ban huawei trade ban* in the US
there are other packages u can install via XDA..It is fine if you don’t even install any core packages (apart from few non-functional apps)

Missing
Community Angel
35
3835
47
Expand
kirandr221996 wrote:

Let’s not argue
Everyone is right in their own way

No argue.
I am just jo kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.

Missing
Shopping Friend
295
7298
111
Expand
CaShBaCkUnLiMiTeD wrote:

Yeah for the US*
but I hope later on it will be going to  launch in India too. Because we use Google services more than USA sweat_smile

Google need PPI license from RBI to launch Prepaid cards in India.

Missing