Hot Deal GPAY error [Resolved]

723°
Telegram topic desktop
Deal Subedar
17
1946
10

I am getting this error when trying to make any transaction
“Please exit any apps that might be drawing over the screen and try again”.

I am using google pay on this device for quite a long time but the error showed up today only. I tried clearing cache, reinstalling the app, removing access to display over other apps for all apps but it didn’t work.

Did anyone here faced such issue and/or does anyone know how to resolve it?

Expired
76 Comments  |  
38 Dimers
  • Sort By
0
8839
89

Are you using some hide notch or similar app?
Go to special apps access settings and check for allowed apps under display over other apps.

17
1946
10
7H4NO5 wrote:

Are you using some hide notch or similar app?
Go to special apps access settings and check for allowed apps under display over other apps.

No. I am not using any such app. I also tried disabling permission of display over other apps to all the apps but it doesn’t help

1
9851
66

Check for potential apps which might have this permission
Like Night light, Hide notch, Musixmatch which shows lyrics etc.

187
302
2

I also got thus issue but got resolved after disabling permission to couple of apps for drawing over screen.

17
1946
10

Display over other apps

Airtel – Not allowed

Android Accessibility Suite – Allowed

Android Auto – Not allowed

App vault – Allowed

Calculator – Not allowed

Cast – Allowed

Cleaner – Not allowed

Desidime – Not allowed

Digital Wellbeing – Not allowed

Duo – Not allowed

Facebook – Not allowed

Feedback – Not allowed

Flipkart – Not allowed

FM Radio – Not allowed

GetApps – Not allowed

Google Play services – Allowed

Google – Allowed

Hik-Connect – Not allowed

Jugnoo – Not allowed

magicpin – Not allowed

Medlife – Not allowed

Messaging – Not allowed

Mi Store – Not allowed

Mi Share – Not allowed

Mobikwik – Not allowed

msa – Not allowed

Music – Not allowed

Notes – Not allowed

Opera Mini – Not allowed

Peel Mi Remote – Not allowed

Photos – Not allowed

Quick apps Service Fram… – Not allowed

Roposo – Not allowed

Scanner – Not allowed

Security – Allowed

SMS Organizer – Allowed

Swiggy – Not allowed

System service plugin – Not allowed.

System apps updater – Not allowed

Teams – Allowed

Truecalller – Allowed

Uber- Not Allowed

Xender – Not Allowed

YouTube – Not Allowed

These are the app permission settings in my mobile
@7H4NO5 @Ash-D
@madmax87

17
1946
10
Ash-D wrote:

Check for potential apps which might have this permission
Like Night light, Hide notch, Musixmatch which shows lyrics etc.

I always struggle tagging you bro smile What is the right way?
Edit: I recalled it is @ @ Ash-D @ @ smile

1
9851
66
Chikky wrote:

Display over other apps

Airtel – Not allowed

Android Accessibility Suite – Allowed

Android Auto – Not allowed

App vault – Allowed

Calculator – Not allowed

Cast – Allowed

Cleaner – Not allowed

Desidime – Not allowed

Digital Wellbeing – Not allowed

Duo – Not allowed

Facebook – Not allowed

Feedback – Not allowed

Flipkart – Not allowed

FM Radio – Not allowed

GetApps – Not allowed

Google Play services – Allowed

Google – Allowed

Hik-Connect – Not allowed

Jugnoo – Not allowed

magicpin – Not allowed

Medlife – Not allowed

Messaging – Not allowed

Mi Store – Not allowed

Mi Share – Not allowed

Mobikwik – Not allowed

msa – Not allowed

Music – Not allowed

Notes – Not allowed

Opera Mini – Not allowed

Peel Mi Remote – Not allowed

Photos – Not allowed

Quick apps Service Fram… – Not allowed

Roposo – Not allowed

Scanner – Not allowed

Security – Allowed

SMS Organizer – Allowed

Swiggy – Not allowed

System service plugin – Not allowed.

System apps updater – Not allowed

Teams – Allowed

Truecalller – Allowed

Uber- Not Allowed

Xender – Not Allowed

YouTube – Not Allowed

These are the app permission settings in my app
@7H4NO5 @Ash-D
@madmax87

Stop for all non google ones and then check.

17
1946
10
Tjs15 wrote:

Teams, truecaller and sms organizer

I tried disallowing all of them but problem is still there.

674
5107
56
Expand
Chikky wrote:

I tried disallowing all of them but problem is still there.

By any chance do you get those balance deducted/remaining auto-popup message from service provider after doing any thing(call or sms).

17
1946
10
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

By any chance do you get those balance deducted/remaining auto-popup message from service provider after doing any thing(call or sms).

Not on this device. I am using postpaid plan on this.
Is there any setting to enable/disable this?

674
5107
56
Expand
Chikky wrote:

Not on this device. I am using postpaid plan on this.
Is there any setting to enable/disable this?

If it is class 0 message then no, I was unable to use upi registration in one of my mobile banking app because of that balance deducted popup every time app send sms confirming mobile number. I tried everything mentioned as solution on internet & finally ended up calling telecom provider customer care & then only it stopped.

17
1946
10
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

If it is class 0 message then no, I was unable to use upi registration in one of my mobile banking app because of that balance deducted popup every time app send sms confirming mobile number. I tried everything mentioned as solution on internet & finally ended up calling telecom provider customer care & then only it stopped.

Thanks for your inputs bro but I have been using gpay on this device since years. I am wondering what changed suddenly today confused

0
2966
25
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

If it is class 0 message then no, I was unable to use upi registration in one of my mobile banking app because of that balance deducted popup every time app send sms confirming mobile number. I tried everything mentioned as solution on internet & finally ended up calling telecom provider customer care & then only it stopped.

Bhai can you please check pm. Thankyou in advance

674
5107
56
Expand
Chikky wrote:

Thanks for your inputs bro but I have been using gpay on this device since years. I am wondering what changed suddenly today confused

For me also class 0 message started a few months back only but I never gave attention to it as at that time I had already registered upi in all my banking apps. It became an issue only after I installed a new mobile banking app & tried to register upi. UPI apps especially gpay will fail if there is any app drawing over the screen(just like those class 0 msg popup which appears on screen over anything you are doing) & since you said it was working fine till yesterday then most logical explanation is that some app you updated in recent days is now drawing over the screen for some reason resulting in this issue(other reason like in my case was your service provider somehow activated class 0 message on your number).

17
1946
10
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

For me also class 0 message started a few months back only but I never gave attention to it as at that time I had already registered upi in all my banking apps. It became an issue only after I installed a new mobile banking app & tried to register upi. UPI apps especially gpay will fail if there is any app drawing over the screen(just like those class 0 msg popup which appears on screen over anything you are doing) & since you said it was working fine till yesterday then most logical explanation is that some app you updated in recent days is now drawing over the screen for some reason resulting in this issue(other reason like in my case was your service provider somehow activated class 0 message on your number).

Your point is logical bro.

75
2242
17

Ha, this one was my issue too until i know the reason for this, error gone when i draw down the keyboard.

17
1946
10
COTTONCANDY wrote:

Ha, this one was my issue too until i know the reason for this, error gone when i draw down the keyboard.

Can u guide how to do that? It is not showing in my draw over other apps list.

1
9851
66
Expand
Chikky wrote:

My problem seems to be more complex…nothing is working cry

Disable all of the apps and then check before that try to give a reboot if not done.
Also you can uninstall many of those bloatware’s from your Mi/Poco will give you a clean space and faster performance.

674
5107
56
Expand
Chikky wrote:

My problem seems to be more complex…nothing is working cry

When did you last update google pay & android system update? Sometimes there is an issue with these updates also. I prefer to always remain one version behind for weeks before updating apps & months before updating android system.

12
1966
14

Yup, same thing happened after I updated GPay from Play Store yesterday.
I’m using Poco device.
And I’m sure it’s due to update.
But then it does work for a min after I restart my phone.

17
1946
10

Fortunately I was able to find the solution…it was posted by someone on youtube today few hours back grinning
I just disabled “quick ball” option on my redmi note 5 pro and it worked. Now error message of app drawing over the screen is gone grinning
But…But….But cry
It looks like I goofed up with some permission settings of other apps and I am not able to reactivate bank account in GPay. The SMS delivery for SIM verification is failing. Any help guys
@guest_999
@Ash-D
@COTTONCANDY
@B3A5T

674
5107
56

Check permissions of google pay & your messaging app(make sure background related permissions are enabled).

53
690
7
Chikky wrote:

Fortunately I was able to find the solution…it was posted by someone on youtube today few hours back grinning
I just disabled “quick ball” option on my redmi note 5 pro and it worked. Now error message of app drawing over the screen is gone grinning
But…But….But cry
It looks like I goofed up with some permission settings of other apps and I am not able to reactivate bank account in GPay. The SMS delivery for SIM verification is failing. Any help guys
@guest_999
@Ash-D
@COTTONCANDY
@B3A5T

What is this quick ball? Never heard before

17
1946
10
guest_999 wrote:

Check permissions of google pay & your messaging app(make sure background related permissions are enabled).

All permissions of google pay and messaging app are enabled. Google pay is receiving otp message for mobile no. verification but not sending message for bank account linking.

Missing