Guide me about CIBIL score

89°
Deal Subedar
80
2849
69

Guys , i dont have any credit card . Do people having debit card also hold a cibil score ?

Why do sites charge us for checking score … and is there any way to check cibil score for free ?

I have seen people saying that if you check it continuously then score gets down … is that so ?

12 Comments  |  
9 Dimers
  • Sort By
57
258
3

Do people having debit card also hold a cibil score ? – NO
Why do sites charge us for checking score – They are maintaining the data so kind of maintenance Fee
is there any way to check cibil score for free – Install onescore or Wishfin app
I have seen people saying that if you check it continuously then score gets down … is that so ? – False. Score wont reduce if you check. It will counted as soft enquiry!

0
3083
32

When u take any credit in form of any loan, then only Cibil Score comes into play. So, Debit card is out of picture here.
.
.

You can register here and check ur score for free -
https://myscore.cibil.com/CreditView/enrollShor...

.
.
Checking Cibil doesn’t impact your score coz it’s a soft enquiry. When banks or any other lending party does hard enquiry at the time of issuing loan/credit, this impacts ur Cibil.
(Purely based on the knowledge gained from this forum)

1,073
9365
41

Do people having debit card also hold a cibil score ? No, only those who have taken a loan product, credit card have CIBIL score.

Why do sites charge us for checking score … and is there any way to check cibil score for free ? Some sites have their policy to charge with a view to earn or maintenance. You can check for free from Wishfin. Score is updated once a month. You can also check from HDFC if you are a HDFC account holder.

I have seen people saying that if you check it continuously then score gets down … is that so ? No, you can check as many times as you wish. Only hard enquiry by banks may impact your score.

37
4005
11

i don’t know my cibil score.i am using one credit card from the last 3 yrs.and recently applied for another bank card.
if bank reject to give credit card,after applying? any negative impact on cibil score?

62
1222
4

@Andhra_Abbayi @cadence
Is there any app/site which does soft enquiry and doesn’t store or sell one’s data?
Is Cibil/Equifax still providing one soft enquiry which they used to do in the past like one free enquiry once or twice a year?

15
2683
110
billubakra wrote:

@Andhra_Abbayi @cadence
Is there any app/site which does soft enquiry and doesn’t store or sell one’s data?
Is Cibil/Equifax still providing one soft enquiry which they used to do in the past like one free enquiry once or twice a year?

One enquiry is free as per government instruction

62
1222
4
Expand
drupal wrote:

One enquiry is free as per government instruction

From cibil/equifax?
Have tagged you in that gst thread.

1,073
9365
41
billubakra wrote:

@Andhra_Abbayi @cadence
Is there any app/site which does soft enquiry and doesn’t store or sell one’s data?
Is Cibil/Equifax still providing one soft enquiry which they used to do in the past like one free enquiry once or twice a year?

Most of them would be storing data though Wishfin is often recommended in terms of avoiding spam . HDFC also offers the option if one has account with them – https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/offers-by-hdf....

Yes, one free report is still provided by credit agencies.

50
314
1
sravz86 wrote:

i don’t know my cibil score.i am using one credit card from the last 3 yrs.and recently applied for another bank card.
if bank reject to give credit card,after applying? any negative impact on cibil score?

Yes, there will be point reduction for inquiry and more points for rejection.

50
536
3

1.open a saving a/c pref. with SBI
2.goto your bank and take credit card on the basis of you having banking rel. with them
3.after 6 month u will have good credit history and now anyone will give you card

62
1222
4
Expand
cadence wrote:

Most of them would be storing data though Wishfin is often recommended in terms of avoiding spam . HDFC also offers the option if one has account with them – https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/offers-by-hdf....

Yes, one free report is still provided by credit agencies.

Yes, one free report is still provided by credit agencies.

Not able to find this option on cibil and equifax sites.

1,073
9365
41
Expand
billubakra wrote:

Yes, one free report is still provided by credit agencies.

Not able to find this option on cibil and equifax sites.

Haven’t checked on Equifax. On CIBIL you simply have to click on member login to check your score & report once you have registered.

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/635281/medium/IMG_20200905_205625.jpg?1599320036

Missing