Hot Deal HDFC Bank IT systems are a Joke in todays era

570°
Deal Subedar
50
1034
7

The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to implement ‘Positive Pay’ system to enhance the safety of cheque-based transactions

Largest bank HDFC wants customer to sent details of the cheque issued atleast 24 hours to bank via Email in desired format with an excel attach rage
https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/pay/payment-s...

One should give pink slips to people implementing and approving such old age stuff…. imp

Other hand ICICI has implement it within mobile app/net banking itself. (less chances of error and seamless as it can pre populate most of the information)
https://www.icicibank.com/mobile-banking/imobil...

Not the first instance when HDFC felt like a stone age bank

50 Comments  |  
27 Dimers
  • Sort By
315
3228
110

Compare iMobile with Hdfc mobile banking app you will know the difference , they just converted their Hdfc netbanking site into app with even less and limited features

9
6767
90
drupal wrote:

Compare iMobile with Hdfc mobile banking app you will know the difference , they just converted their Hdfc netbanking site into app with even less and limited features

Imobile is the best app of indian banking

50
1034
7
drupal wrote:

Compare iMobile with Hdfc mobile banking app you will know the difference , they just converted their Hdfc netbanking site into app with even less and limited features

I know….I have account in both HDFC and ICICI
TBH both the mobile app and netbanking of HDFC are third grade.. HDFC should not be the largest private bank ..but they are

100
8922
86

Mujhe to HDFC bahut pasand hai kyuki gift voucher jo bhejta rehta hai… 😍 toungueout

61
442
7
vijkap201 wrote:

Mujhe to HDFC bahut pasand hai kyuki gift voucher jo bhejta rehta hai… 😍 toungueout

What about cred?

24
37392
484
Expand
vijkap201 wrote:

Every body knows that…
.
I hate CREDwink toungueout

sab log tumhare jale pe namak aur funsi pe nimbu chidkate rehte hai
koi gaana hai kya is dard ke liye

476
4436
51

Its for high value cheques only. For high value, always NEFT is better. But you can also close HDFC account and switch to ICICI. Or have both accts and issue high value cheques from ICICI only and trfr funds from HDFC to ICICI using NEFT

29
1175
21

Isnt this positive pay optional even for higher amounts?

122
1315
9

Kotak is even worst, they want us to visit the branch to submit the cheque details everytime.

50
1227
9
chai_lover wrote:

Kotak is even worst, they want us to visit the branch to submit the cheque details everytime.

but kotak’s is optional as per their email.

3. Availing of the facility will be at the discretion of the customer. In case details of manually issued cheques are not provided, existing clearing process will continue without Positive Pay check

Even axis needs physical submission, also optional similar to kotak

Availing of this facility for cheques amounting to INR 50,000 and above is at the discretion of the account holder. It is recommended that the account holders avail the facility for all cheques of INR 5,00,000 and above.

100
8922
86
Expand
A2Zdeals wrote:

sab log tumhare jale pe namak aur funsi pe nimbu chidkate rehte hai
koi gaana hai kya is dard ke liye

Log @AatmaNirbhar jo hote ja rahe hein… wink toungueout

89
623
2

HDFC doesn’t allow disabling Contactless transactions, either. Neither for CC nor for DC.
ICICI bank’s netbanking is clumsy, but feature-rich. It is also prone to unexpected “session expired”.
Yono Lite is good, too.

706
5815
60
DimeDime wrote:

HDFC doesn’t allow disabling Contactless transactions, either. Neither for CC nor for DC.
ICICI bank’s netbanking is clumsy, but feature-rich. It is also prone to unexpected “session expired”.
Yono Lite is good, too.

Contactless transactions have almost zero security risk because not just anybody can setup an entity to process contactless transactions. The procedure to get a payment gateway to process contactless transactions & receive money is very strict with kyc & other requirements so no fraudster try to take advantage of it. It is far easier for fraudsters to open bank accounts based on poor people aadhaar/vote id/ration card & then transfer money to these acc via upi/card details scam & withdraw using atm.

606
13639
170
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Contactless transactions have almost zero security risk because not just anybody can setup an entity to process contactless transactions. The procedure to get a payment gateway to process contactless transactions & receive money is very strict with kyc & other requirements so no fraudster try to take advantage of it. It is far easier for fraudsters to open bank accounts based on poor people aadhaar/vote id/ration card & then transfer money to these acc via upi/card details scam & withdraw using atm.

Shopkeepers, Small Merchants and Indian MSMEs – Now convert any NFC enabled Android Phones into “RuPay POS” Machine - https://www.desidime.com/discussions/good-news-...

0
802
8

I have both HDFC and ICICI accounts for many years. but even with less features i feel HDFC better than ICICI.
most irritating thing in ICICI that 70-80% time OTP never comes instantly. many time fund transfer OTP comes after 2-3 hours.
Just today morning i was doing fund transfer at 9am morning but OTP is not came yet. Even with so many functionality, for me ICICI is in stoneage.

50
1034
7
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Contactless transactions have almost zero security risk because not just anybody can setup an entity to process contactless transactions. The procedure to get a payment gateway to process contactless transactions & receive money is very strict with kyc & other requirements so no fraudster try to take advantage of it. It is far easier for fraudsters to open bank accounts based on poor people aadhaar/vote id/ration card & then transfer money to these acc via upi/card details scam & withdraw using atm.

seriously….are you telling anyone can open bank account in my name if they have by Aadhaar and PAN card….I say not possible (Might be possible in some local corporative bank)…But any good bank wont let open account either without physical presence or eKYC

706
5815
60
Expand
Sudarshan61 wrote:

seriously….are you telling anyone can open bank account in my name if they have by Aadhaar and PAN card….I say not possible (Might be possible in some local corporative bank)…But any good bank wont let open account either without physical presence or eKYC

How do you think the money is withdrawn from all these cyber crimes taking place?

https://www.indiatoday.in/top-stories/story/mon...

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/patna/...

706
5815
60
Expand
abhishek012 wrote:

Shopkeepers, Small Merchants and Indian MSMEs – Now convert any NFC enabled Android Phones into “RuPay POS” Machine - https://www.desidime.com/discussions/good-news-...

For rupay cards only & I am assuming there is a proper kyc procedure & not some just enter otp to enable account for receiving money in this manner because if not then this is not a plus but a minus for rupay cards.

50
1034
7
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

How do you think the money is withdrawn from all these cyber crimes taking place?

https://www.indiatoday.in/top-stories/story/mon...

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/patna/...

I am sure this are local or corporative types bank with there employees equally responsible.
Even SBI ask from proper KYC for account opening and in person presence if account is opened in Branch.

706
5815
60
Expand
Sudarshan61 wrote:

I am sure this are local or corporative types bank with there employees equally responsible.
Even SBI ask from proper KYC for account opening and in person presence if account is opened in Branch.

Have you checked to be so sure, public sector banks are not limited to just sbi & you don’t seem to be aware of the ground realities in rural parts of northern states like up, bihar, jharkhand etc. All these kyc & proper following of rules is mostly limited to urban/semi-urban areas & not rural areas where many times it is not possible for even genuine users. There is a reason why pvt banks avoid rural areas & it is not just for profitability but this issue too because unlike public sector banks they are not as much protected. Have you ever heard of some public sector bank rural branch manager getting fired because of involvement of accounts in his branch in cyber frauds, I haven’t.

476
4436
51
jainashish85 wrote:

Isnt this positive pay optional even for higher amounts?

optional between 50K and 5 Lakh. Mandatory above 5 Lakh

476
4436
51
Par_ wrote:

I have both HDFC and ICICI accounts for many years. but even with less features i feel HDFC better than ICICI.
most irritating thing in ICICI that 70-80% time OTP never comes instantly. many time fund transfer OTP comes after 2-3 hours.
Just today morning i was doing fund transfer at 9am morning but OTP is not came yet. Even with so many functionality, for me ICICI is in stoneage.

ICICI is my primary bank for last 21 years. My base branch is New Delhi but int he 21 years, I have stayed in 5 different cities in North, East, North East and West.
Never faced any OTP issue. Of course, I avoid any transaction between 12.20 AM and 5 AM as their servers go under backup/maintenance and OTP takes 2-3 minutes and even Voda (linked mobile) has issues with SMS during this time.

107
634
3
Expand
Sudarshan61 wrote:

seriously….are you telling anyone can open bank account in my name if they have by Aadhaar and PAN card….I say not possible (Might be possible in some local corporative bank)…But any good bank wont let open account either without physical presence or eKYC

yes everything is possible here…it happened with me in punjab national bank account….took 11 months and rbi ombsdumen intervention to finally close that account…

29
1175
21
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

optional between 50K and 2 Lakh. Mandatory above 2 Lakh

Will it be available for all bank accounts?
Banks shall enable it for all account holders issuing cheques for amounts of Rs 50,000 and above. While availing of this facility is at the discretion of the account holder, banks may consider making it mandatory in case of cheques for amounts of Rs 5,00,000 and above.

Source – https://indianexpress.com/article/business/bank...

So it is not compulsory for any amount, though banks may consider making it mandatory for higher amounts soon.

476
4436
51
Expand
jainashish85 wrote:

Will it be available for all bank accounts?
Banks shall enable it for all account holders issuing cheques for amounts of Rs 50,000 and above. While availing of this facility is at the discretion of the account holder, banks may consider making it mandatory in case of cheques for amounts of Rs 5,00,000 and above.

Source – https://indianexpress.com/article/business/bank...

So it is not compulsory for any amount, though banks may consider making it mandatory for higher amounts soon.

<50,000 – not required
50,000<5,00,000 – mandatory for bank, optional for customer
=>5,00,000 mandatory for both
Original RBI circular
https://www.rbi.org.in/Scripts/NotificationUser...
3. National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) shall develop the facility of Positive Pay in CTS and make it available to participant banks. Banks, in turn, shall enable it for all account holders issuing cheques for amounts of ₹50,000 and above. While availing of this facility is at the discretion of the account holder, banks may consider making it mandatory in case of cheques for amounts of ₹5,00,000 and above.

60
404
3
vijkap201 wrote:

Mujhe to HDFC bahut pasand hai kyuki gift voucher jo bhejta rehta hai… 😍 toungueout

vouchers bhejta konse offer ke liye bhejta hai

Missing