HDFC CC Upgrade guidance needed

130°
Deal Subedar
27
1285
15

I have HDFC regalia first card and am thinking of upgrading to millenia card.

99.9% of my spends are online spends. And I use wallets like movikwik to consume super cash and paytm to load and pay merchants.

Will this upgrade be beneficial? I read that millenia card gives 2.5% on all online spends and 5% for spends through smartbuy. Also does this card give cashback on mobikwik and paytm? Regalia first excludes this payment method

19 Comments  |  
11 Dimers
  • Sort By
51
161
2

On wallets I think it gives 1 percent. Online spends 2.5% and with payzapp 5%.
Millenia card is better for buying gv from smart buy because it can give you 10%cashback.

78
1102
12

How to upgrade? Did customer care allow transfer from regalia first to millennia? I also have same card and want to upgrade to millennia

325
1384
25

Isn’t regalia cc expensive compared to millennia CC?

20
1693
20
neehesh wrote:

Isn’t regalia cc expensive compared to millennia CC?

Yes it’s second prority to bank after diners and infinia

32
6987
106
Superdry wrote:

How to upgrade? Did customer care allow transfer from regalia first to millennia? I also have same card and want to upgrade to millennia

I don’t think it is good idea.
Regalia first is premium card compare to millennia credit card.
Millennia cc will have minimum transaction amount requirement and max reward cap and other tnc

27
1285
15
neehesh wrote:

Isn’t regalia cc expensive compared to millennia CC?

Regalia and regalia first are different level

27
1285
15
Expand
aswaniexpress wrote:

I don’t think it is good idea.
Regalia first is premium card compare to millennia credit card.
Millennia cc will have minimum transaction amount requirement and max reward cap and other tnc

They are both in same category. But the% offered by millenia seen to be higher. Regalia first just gives 0.75% whereas millenia gives 2.5% for online spends.

Can u throw more light on millenia reward cap and transaction amounts?

81
125
1
shivkumara27663 wrote:

Anyone with millenia cc can provide more info here?

I am using millenia cc from last one year. There is no system to track how much you got reward points for particular transaction. Also i have never received the reward points for doing transaction on payzapp or online according to 5%.

Moreover you will not receive the reward points for all the transactions. Dont know how hdfc calculate reward points for millennia card

27
1285
15
Expand
diamond_deal wrote:

I am using millenia cc from last one year. There is no system to track how much you got reward points for particular transaction. Also i have never received the reward points for doing transaction on payzapp or online according to 5%.

Moreover you will not receive the reward points for all the transactions. Dont know how hdfc calculate reward points for millennia card

It’s the same with all hdfc credit cards bro. Most of my reward points get reversed because my cc doesn’t give points on wallet loads. Hope there is no reversals in millenia?

81
125
1
Expand
shivkumara27663 wrote:

It’s the same with all hdfc credit cards bro. Most of my reward points get reversed because my cc doesn’t give points on wallet loads. Hope there is no reversals in millenia?

Don’t know about reversal for Millennia credit card. Mostly i made transaction on payzapp still i didn’t received the reward points. Want to contact customer support but they will not provide any help

105
412
4
Expand
shivkumara27663 wrote:

They are both in same category. But the% offered by millenia seen to be higher. Regalia first just gives 0.75% whereas millenia gives 2.5% for online spends.

Can u throw more light on millenia reward cap and transaction amounts?

For online spends(2.5%) and Amazon flipkart (5%) etc… Minimum transaction should be 2000. For offline and wallet recharge (1%) cashback on transaction of minimum 100. Also, the main thing here is that to redeem the cashpoints against the cc bill, the minimum cashpoint balance should be 2500 and points expire in a year. So your transaction to really take the benefits has to be between 50000 to 250000. ( Considering the best case scenario of 5% cb on all transactions to worst case scenario of 1% cashback on all transactions). Also note that the 5% cashback works only if transaction done via smartbuy… If you use Amazon/flipkart website directly, I think it will come under 2.5% cashback for online spends. The extra Cashback for card via smartbuy portal will not be added as cashpoints but will directly added to your card( my understanding not 100% sure). I hope this helps.

48
10690
57
Expand
diamond_deal wrote:

I am using millenia cc from last one year. There is no system to track how much you got reward points for particular transaction. Also i have never received the reward points for doing transaction on payzapp or online according to 5%.

Moreover you will not receive the reward points for all the transactions. Dont know how hdfc calculate reward points for millennia card

Exactly. Period.

198
1691
26
Expand
Astraa wrote:

Exactly. Period.

Thats why I say, Millenia Credit Card is always a downgrade imp

27
1285
15
Expand
nimod wrote:

Thats why I say, Millenia Credit Card is always a downgrade imp

Can you elaborate? Would be helpful for ppl like me considering moving to millenia

198
1691
26
Expand
shivkumara27663 wrote:

Can you elaborate? Would be helpful for ppl like me considering moving to millenia

The biggest problem is 90days window for cashbacks. HDFC doesn’t have proper cb tracking/reporting.
+
Serious Limits on cashbacks.
+
The minimum CashPoint balance required for redemption against the statement balance is 2500 CashPoints, redeemable in multiples of ₹500 only.
+
Unredeemed CashPoints will expire/lapse within 1 year of accumulation

198
1691
26

5% CashBack on Amazon, Flipkart, Flight & Hotel bookings on shopping via PayZapp and SmartBuy (minimum transaction size of ₹2000)
2.5% CashBack on all online spends (minimum transaction size of ₹2000)
1% CashBack on all offline spends and Wallet reloads (Minimum transaction size of ₹100)

welcome/renewal benefit = 1000 Points cashback after paying 1000Rs fee —> they can stop giving 1000 points any day.

this card demands you spend in certain min & max limits.
Make sure you fall in that bracket.

Not useful for dimers who need maximize benefits for sudden offers.

With HDFC, count RPs only if you have DCB/Infinia in your hand.

Missing