HDFC Classic Account Inquiries

HDFC Classic Account Inquiries

43°
Missing
Deal Cadet
76
300
4

I am using a Savings Max account from last 2 years which has an AMB requirement of 25k & comes with EasyShop Platinum card free for lifetime…I am also using a LTF Moneyback card from last 1.5 years…Currently the card has 3L limit on it…

I have two questions :

1) If I keep 1L & upgrade to Classic, will they charge me that 500+ GST every year ?? I called my branch & they told me that I will need to visit the branch & fill-up a consent form to upgrade to Classic…But since I’m not so sure about this 500+ charges every year, I still have not visited the branch to upgrade to Classic…

2) If I don’t maintain the AMB/AQB of 1L after upgrading to Classic, will they start charging non-maintenance charges ?? I read that several dimers here managed to get their Classic account as a zero balance account…How to achieve that after my account gets upgraded ??

My ONLY intention is gettng high-end CCs like Regalia, DCB etc…They had offered me an upgrade to Regalia (not the Regalia First) via net-banking when I was only maintaining like 30-40k but since HDFC didn’t send me any email or SMS regarding the upgrade offer, I missed the chance to get a free upgrade to Regalia…Now I don’t know when that upgrade offer will show again in the net-banking…Will converting my Savings Max account to Classic can get me Regalia quicker ??

I would ONLY upgrade to Classic if that 500+ charges every year is no longer there…

Anybody who’s account got upgraded from Standard/Savings Max to Classic can Please shade some light on this Please ??

Any help would be highly appreciated…Thank You…

P.S. I asked this question in a related thread but didn’t get any response so creating a new thread…

13 Comments  |  
4 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet
124
108
2

1) NO
2) YES, YOU WILL BE DOWNGRADED FROM CLASSIC

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
20
0

For what they are charging you 500 + gst

-If u don’t Maintain 1l they may downgrade ur account variant to regular account but it’s completely depends on branch to downgrade or not

Missing
Deal Cadet
76
300
4
AUser wrote:

For what they are charging you 500 + gst

-If u don’t Maintain 1l they may downgrade ur account variant to regular account but it’s completely depends on branch to downgrade or not

I have read in this thread two things about Classic accounts…

1) Several Dimers mentioned here in this thread that, they were charged 500+GST every year for Classic account…

2) Some people also said there that, after they upgraded to Classic, their accounts became a zero balance account so no downgrading of the account or non-maintenance charges applied…

https://www.desidime.com/forums/dost-and-dimes/...

That is the reason why I am confused & not upgrading to Classic because several members have mentioned several things about this account & they don’t match…

Missing
Deal Cadet
50
389
1
Expand
Sushrut.B wrote:

I have read in this thread two things about Classic accounts…

1) Several Dimers mentioned here in this thread that, they were charged 500+GST every year for Classic account…

2) Some people also said there that, after they upgraded to Classic, their accounts became a zero balance account so no downgrading of the account or non-maintenance charges applied…

https://www.desidime.com/forums/dost-and-dimes/...

That is the reason why I am confused & not upgrading to Classic because several members have mentioned several things about this account & they don’t match…

I am a hdfc classic account holder and i was not charged 500 plus gst for it, it is free. You just need to maintain 1L in your account.

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
20
0
Expand
Sushrut.B wrote:

I have read in this thread two things about Classic accounts…

1) Several Dimers mentioned here in this thread that, they were charged 500+GST every year for Classic account…

2) Some people also said there that, after they upgraded to Classic, their accounts became a zero balance account so no downgrading of the account or non-maintenance charges applied…

https://www.desidime.com/forums/dost-and-dimes/...

That is the reason why I am confused & not upgrading to Classic because several members have mentioned several things about this account & they don’t match…

They may be Charged For VRM but It’s just for selected person If U become one Of Them U can Opt Out from This Service.

Missing
Deal Cadet
76
300
4
Expand
AUser wrote:

They may be Charged For VRM but It’s just for selected person If U become one Of Them U can Opt Out from This Service.

Sorry for asking as I have heard this word for first time, but what is VRM ?? Is it related to RM (Relationship Manager) ??

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
20
0
Expand
Sushrut.B wrote:

Sorry for asking as I have heard this word for first time, but what is VRM ?? Is it related to RM (Relationship Manager) ??

Virtual Relationship Manager But as long as I Know They Charge RS 100 Every Quarter.

VRM Kind of AI/ Chatbot

Least That Will Never Insist you For Taking Policies or Loans.

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
20
0

Getting Regalia Is Not a Big Deal If U Know any Employee In Your Branch.

They issue Regalia To Regular Savings Account holders Too.

Missing
Deal Cadet
76
300
4
Expand
AUser wrote:

Virtual Relationship Manager But as long as I Know They Charge RS 100 Every Quarter.

VRM Kind of AI/ Chatbot

Least That Will Never Insist you For Taking Policies or Loans.

Can I opt-out of having VRM & still have my Classic account active ??

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
20
0
Expand
Sushrut.B wrote:

Can I opt-out of having VRM & still have my Classic account active ??

Of course you Can. and It’s An Invite based program not Available For All Customers.

Missing
Deal Cadet
76
300
4
AUser wrote:

Getting Regalia Is Not a Big Deal If U Know any Employee In Your Branch.

They issue Regalia To Regular Savings Account holders Too.

Like I mentioned in my main post that I was already offered Regalia as an upgrade to my MoneyBack card but that time I was not aware about the SmartPay method to make it LTF & the card upgrade pricing was showing as 2500+GST in my netbanking so I avoided it because I didn’t want to pay such amount for Regalia…

I think I’m better off staying in the Savings Max & not upgrade to Classic because I don’t need any RM + they will eventually offer me Regalia again after I think 4-6 months & this time I will gladly accept the upgrade offer as now I know how to make the card LTF + Even if I upgrade to a Preferred account, I got to know that, DCB & Infinia still won’t be provided as LTF & I would need to pay 10k+GST annually which I’m not interested in paying…In that case, I would try to get Yes Exclusive…If not possible then first Yes Preferred & from there to Exclusive as all Yes bank cards are LTF even the Exclusive one…

Thanks for your replies…It really helped… smile

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
20
0
Expand
Sushrut.B wrote:

Like I mentioned in my main post that I was already offered Regalia as an upgrade to my MoneyBack card but that time I was not aware about the SmartPay method to make it LTF & the card upgrade pricing was showing as 2500+GST in my netbanking so I avoided it because I didn’t want to pay such amount for Regalia…

I think I’m better off staying in the Savings Max & not upgrade to Classic because I don’t need any RM + they will eventually offer me Regalia again after I think 4-6 months & this time I will gladly accept the upgrade offer as now I know how to make the card LTF + Even if I upgrade to a Preferred account, I got to know that, DCB & Infinia still won’t be provided as LTF & I would need to pay 10k+GST annually which I’m not interested in paying…In that case, I would try to get Yes Exclusive…If not possible then first Yes Preferred & from there to Exclusive as all Yes bank cards are LTF even the Exclusive one…

Thanks for your replies…It really helped… smile

Welcome Bro, But I Will Suggest you to Get In Touch With Any Employee U Know He Can Provide U Upgrade or They Can Check The Pre-approved Offers available for u from Their Side(Some Time Few Offers Doesn’t Show in Offers Tab).

Missing
Deal Cadet
76
300
4
Expand
AUser wrote:

Welcome Bro, But I Will Suggest you to Get In Touch With Any Employee U Know He Can Provide U Upgrade or They Can Check The Pre-approved Offers available for u from Their Side(Some Time Few Offers Doesn’t Show in Offers Tab).

I called phone CC & they said currently no upgrade offers available & ask me to wait…I asked them if I can send the upgrade docs to their Chennai office & they said, in that case I will have to pay joining fees as currently there are no pre-approved card offers on my account…

Missing