hdfc classic banking

164°
Deal Cadet
rahulsoni070...

I want some cashback while paying my credit card dues so i was going through threads here in desidime and a fellow dimer suggested HDFC platinum or millenia debit card but their annual charges are high so he suggested HDFC classic banking have zero annual charges for platinum debit card but opening a classic account requires 1 lakh MAB which is hard for me.

So if you guys can help me with few questions and suggest me most rewarding way than it will really mean a lot to me.

My questions:

1. Is there any more rewarding way of paying credit card bills but without too much hectic process

2. Any other way to get above debit cards without annual charges

3. Easiest way to open classic account without maintaining high balance

26 Comments  |  
6 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Saving max account with mab 25000 also gives free debit card.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
bohemian wrote:

But not Millenia only Easyshop

Link Copied
Expand
prem4998 wrote:

I think applicable for all variants , as higher variant platinum is free so applicable on lower variants too

Link Copied
Expand
bohemian wrote:

I think applicable for all variants , as higher variant platinum is free so applicable on lower variants too

Some got Millenia as free not all. Only classic banking or above will give any card as free.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
prem4998 wrote:

As per my knowledge easyshop gives 1% cashback upto 750 on credit card bill payment wheras millenia provides 1% cashback upto 400 while loading paytm wallet, am i correct or not??

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
bohemian wrote:

Also should i open account myself or i am thinking to open account for my wife, which will be more beneficial??
I hold moneyback credit card and savings account will give more frequent upgrades and if open my wife’s account it will be easy to get her credit card in future, since she is house wife

Link Copied
Expand
rahulsoni0706846 wrote:

Also should i open account myself or i am thinking to open account for my wife, which will be more beneficial??
I hold moneyback credit card and savings account will give more frequent upgrades and if open my wife’s account it will be easy to get her credit card in future, since she is house wife

Open in your name. If they upgrade to classic after some time based on your transactions then you can add your wife as zero balance a/c to classic banking.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
bohemian wrote:

Open in your name. If they upgrade to classic after some time based on your transactions then you can add your wife as zero balance a/c to classic banking.

Thanks

Link Copied
Expand
rahulsoni0706846 wrote:

As per my knowledge easyshop gives 1% cashback upto 750 on credit card bill payment wheras millenia provides 1% cashback upto 400 while loading paytm wallet, am i correct or not??

Easyshop gives 1% via hdfc billpay only. Few cc are not supported there like HDFC, BoB, IDFC, etc., While Millenia gives 1% for wallet loads so you load paytm or mobikwik wallet and pay via it.

Link Copied
Expand
rahulsoni0706846 wrote:

If you can give them a cheque for 1L while opening u can convert your account as 0 balance account and maintain balance as per your wish. But your RM may asks you for FD, RD, Insurance etc., but I conditionally said that I won’t do any of them and my RM agreed.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
prem4998 wrote:

If you can give them a cheque for 1L while opening u can convert your account as 0 balance account and maintain balance as per your wish. But your RM may asks you for FD, RD, Insurance etc., but I conditionally said that I won’t do any of them and my RM agreed.

any way to change convert existing savings account to zero balance account ?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
prem4998 wrote:

What about that 1 lakh cheque later on?? Can i withdraw it??

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
prem4998 wrote:

Easyshop gives 1% via hdfc billpay only. Few cc are not supported there like HDFC, BoB, IDFC, etc., While Millenia gives 1% for wallet loads so you load paytm or mobikwik wallet and pay via it.

Can you share complete list of credit cards supported by hdfc bill pay??
Thanks is advance

Link Copied
Expand
rahulsoni0706846 wrote:

Thanks is advance

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/743408/medium/Comb14022022092321.jpg?1644854043

Crowdpuller Crowdpuller
Link Copied

Invest in yourself, think of stop running after 1-2% cash back….You will reap more later.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
dhinchakrohit wrote:

Invest in yourself, think of stop running after 1-2% cash back….You will reap more later.

Bro i agree with on this but i am not opening this account for sole purpose of 1-2% cashback i need a secondary account cause my existing bank is not that great also i hold HDFC credit card that’s why thinking of opening account in hdfc

Link Copied
Expand
chotabaxxa800 wrote:

any way to change convert existing savings account to zero balance account ?

No. It’s only available when you open a new account. But RM has all the power to do as per your wish so a small talk with him may help you to avail that.

Link Copied
Expand
rahulsoni0706846 wrote:

What about that 1 lakh cheque later on?? Can i withdraw it??

Yes, you can withdraw fully but it won’t be easy for your RM to watch it. But u can withdraw 90% of it and leave 10k for the sake of your RM.

Link Copied
Expand
rahulsoni0706846 wrote:

Thanks is advance

Which Credit Card Bills We Can Pay in HDFC Billpay with Easy Shop Platinum DC

Please Visit
https://ddime.i...Vp

Check the screenshot by Apun in 2nd reply.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
prem4998 wrote:

Yes, you can withdraw fully but it won’t be easy for your RM to watch it. But u can withdraw 90% of it and leave 10k for the sake of your RM.

Suppose i open a account with one lakh cheque than does at this time can i open a zero balance classic account for my wife in family banking

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
prem4998 wrote:

I am willing to spare 25-50 thousand on average

Link Copied
Expand
rahulsoni0706846 wrote:

I am willing to spare 25-50 thousand on average

Then go for it. Meet the RM in the bank and talk to him. Tell him u can manage 50k to 1l. If he insists for FD or RD then go for a small size of RD like 2k or 3k for 1yr. He will be fine. It’s all upto him. If he refuses then no one can help.

Link Copied
Expand
rahulsoni0706846 wrote:

Suppose i open a account with one lakh cheque than does at this time can i open a zero balance classic account for my wife in family banking

Yes, once your account is opened or upgraded to classic then you can add your wife’s account as zero balance account without any worries.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
prem4998 wrote:

Then go for it. Meet the RM in the bank and talk to him. Tell him u can manage 50k to 1l. If he insists for FD or RD then go for a small size of RD like 2k or 3k for 1yr. He will be fine. It’s all upto him. If he refuses then no one can help.

Will go next week to a branch and see what happens btw thanks for suggestions and guidance brother

Cool Cool
Link Copied

if we have 5L FD in HDFC bank do they convert it to classic banking 

Link Copied
desiman wrote:

if we have 5L FD in HDFC bank do they convert it to classic banking 

Yes

replyuser
Click here to reply